September 30, 2014 | 999 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural #N1

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have worn several of the Rouge Artist Intense shades, loving the depth of color but not the drying effect. The good news is that this lipstick feels much smoother and soft on the lips. The color is a soft, satiny, pale pink with very slightly yellow undertones. Compared to my nc42 complexion, my lips are at once very pale and pigmented (freckled). This is one of very few lipsticks that work as a nude for me; the color is pinker and more interesting on me than MAC Shag but "quieter" than Naked Paris or Fresh Salmon (both MAC also). Not super sure about this, but I think this N1 is sheerer than any of those other three. I can't get used to wearing nude shades alone, so I wear this to soften a particularly bright or deep color. The bad news is the lack of staying power. Some might be glad to see the sheen fade quickly; the color lasts a bit longer than the sheen but nothing like a more intense or matte shade. Of course, this formula feels very moist on the lips, a point important to me. I'll keep working with this and can see myself buying it again.