July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Bust

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by misanders

As a lot of people have said this looks great with cool toned skin. Unfortunately I have a warm (very yellow) skin. I tried this eyeshadow so many times and it just made me look tired. Lucky me I saw a video by Lisa Eldridge for How to wear a dark lip. It gave me an idea of using painterly on the lid with this in the corner and crease. Yes, finally I can wear this without looking dead! So glad I didn't give this away. Honestly the colors are amazing by Urban Decay, but they just don't seem to last on me or they have horrible fall out. This was very good and had none of those problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. It is the perfect browny/gray color that I can wear alone or layer for more drama. I love the pigment in UD shadows and the amount of product use use will allow this to last a long time. I've even used this wet as an eyeliner for day-time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite UD eye shadows, and one of the more versatile shadows I own. Not only does this pretty taupe look gorgeous on the eyes, but I've recently discovered how excellent it is as a cheek contour! *gasp* I know!

I have cool toned fair skin and every bronzer, brown contouring or blush product I've ever tried looks muddy when I use it in the hollow of my cheeks. Even the most neutral browns look too warm, no matter how much I blend them out. Someone rec'd Chanel Notorious to me, but of course that product is no longer available (and when it was available, it was expensive!). I took to Google to see if anyone had found a suitable dupe, and saw that Christine from Temptalia had mentioned that this eye shadow was similar to it in color. Since I already had Bust in my stash, I decided to give contouring with it a try, And holy crap it worked! It's the perfect shade to mimic the way natural shadows look on my NW20 complexion. I had wondered if the lightly pearled sheen of this shadow would prevent it from being a suitable contour shade, but the shimmer isn't very noticeable when it's applied sheerly and disappears entirely when it's buffed into the skin. This definitely isn't a color that would work well for everyone as a contour. No two complexions are exactly alike, so picking the right contour shade is as personal as picking the right shade of foundation or concealer. But anyone looking for a greyish brown contour shade should give it a try!

As an eye shadow, Bust is a little more sheer than most of Urban Decay's line. It doesn't take much work to get opaque coverage, but it's not as densely pigmented as UD's frostier shades. It has a nice texture though, nice and soft without being too powdery and lays down on the lid smoothly and evenly. In the pan, it looks like it has purple undertones but I don't find that those translate on the lid very well unless it's used with a purple or a cool toned pink. On its own it's a medium shade of taupe that leans as much grey as it does brown with a finish that falls somewhere between the soft sheen of a satin finish shadow and a subtle frost. It looks great in the crease of a contoured eye look, used sheerly as a wash over the lid or more heavily as the basis of a soft, office appropriate smoky eye. It's a very chic and versatile color that almost anyone could benefit from having in their arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by xosugar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color. Bust is a beautiful pale cool toned color that I feel is somewhat hard to come by since a lot of other eyeshadows I looked at were way too warm for me. I think this is an excellent crease color for fair cool toned people. I love wearing this with swf on the lid and any color like walk of shame or mac vanilla for a highlight and smudged black eyeliner. Then I go under the eye with more bust and smudged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bust was first introduced in a BOS palette and has since been made permanent with UD's shadow reformulation. This review is based on my experiences with the permanent version.

I LOVE this shade. LOVE. It's such a versatile color that I'm finding it difficult to describe. At its most basic, it's a shimmery taupe. When applied lightly, it pulls more brown and looks more like a champagne, but when applied more heavily, the gray starts to come through. It looks almost plummy swatched next to shades like Stray Dog and YDK, but it's not really plummy -- I think it'd closer to a true taupe. It's certainly not as plummy (or as nearly as dark) as MAC's Satin Taupe.

IME UD has hit it out of the park with these reformulated shadows and Bust is no exception: it's buttery smooth and very pigmented. A little goes a long way. And I don't experience powderiness or fallout when applying. I use primer, but that said, the wear is great, as has been my experience with most UD shades.

I'm very pale, so I like to wear this in my crease. I often wear it with UD's LE BYO palette shade Rock on the outer half of my lid and the new permanent shade Heartless on the inner half. The gray in Bust plays nicely with both shades while the brown keeps it from looking too smokey and dark for daytime.

I can't vouch for how Bust would look on darker skin tones but I'm willing to bet it'd make a fabulous lid color. It's shimmery but not over-the-top frost.

As a neutral shadow fiend, I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Bust. If you like neutrals, you prolly will too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned this, it looks beautiful in the pan, but lacked pigmentation. Reminded me of MAC's Shale that I cannot get to show up on my lid and if I do it's a splotchy purpley mess. Too bad, I had high hopes.l