April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Outrageous Prisma Chrome Eyeshadow in Taupe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

A beautiful taupe that makes a beautiful smokey eye for the daytime. The texture is buttery and the pigmentation is gorgeous. I got this on sale and plan to get more. I hope sephora comes out with more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever I go to Sephora I try to buy some of their brand stuff because it's my retribution for long fun, happy hours spent at the place (sort of "for services rendered," and all that), and because I want to encourage the brand to improve their stuff.

Well, I won't claim full responsibility for it, of course, but the brand quality IS getting better! When this e/s first came out I stayed away because I thought it looked too metallic. Since it is now on sale (I got it for $7), I decided to try it.

I went home and tried it on, all the time thinking, "Here goes. I'm going to glitter like the Milky Way." I didn't! I put it on with a fluffy e/s brush and it went on pearly, but by no means disco glittery. Very flattering satiny finish. No sparkles at all. The color payoff was amazing. On me this is a darkish taupe with a brilliantly balanced blend of brown and gray. Regular grays usually go bluish on me, which I detest. Not this little gem. No blue. Not chalky or sandy cement-y shade, either. Just perfect. I did a total eyelid wash because I was just road-testing it and I didn't want to get too complicated. This was dark enough to make a difference, but not too dark to make me look like a Panda. I intend to try it as a crease color. I'm sure it will work.

Also, I'm sure you can make it more or less shimmery, depending on the application method. I'm very happy with this. Good job, Sephora!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love!
I usually use loose mineral shadows but I'm getting sick of them. When I saw this shadow in Sephora I couldn't stop thinking about it so I went back the next day and got it. The color is 'metallic taupe' and is called #6 on their website. It's the perfect neutral, darkish, buildable, grey/brown/silvery with almost a touch of purple. Fallout is not terrible for a pigmented shadow.
I never wear primer (allergic) and staying power is really decent. I can imagine with a primer underneath you'd be golden. Sticker says *Made In Italy*, for those who wonder about the origins of their products. The container is big, you get a lot of shadow.
I want the other colors too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As a self-confessed "taupe addict", I was drawn to this shade when I saw these shadows on the Sephora website and wanted to check them out "in the flesh". Like the previous reviewer, I am no longer in the flush of youth and I'm at the age where many women are leery of frost/sheen/metallic finishes on their eyelids. But this shadow is not one to fear. It doesn't make the lids look dry or crepe-y. The finish is silky and actually seems to brighten the eye area and make it look more youthful because of the way light sort of bounces around off the finish. The colour is just dreamy - a truly lovely deep silvery taupe that leans very cool. This morning, I swatched this eye shadow alongside Bare Minerals Drama, another recent acquisition which I really like and they are virtually identical. Drama is a bit more metallic and, of course, a lot more fiddly to use or to take with you anywhere since it's a loose powder shadow. It also doesn't wear quite as long as the Sephora shadow (at least on my hand, BM Drama faded more quickly than Sephora's Taupe). A lot of product for $18 CAD; you get roughly twice the amount of a standard MAC or NARS single shadow for that price. Pretty hard to beat, especially since the product itself is also so excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are a new range of eyeshadows that are similar to the Prisma Chromes from last year - but better. A creamy-smooth texture with lovely pigmentation that is easy to work with, these look much more glittery in-store than they do on skin. Since hitting 40 I've been warier of excessive sparkle, but these shadows are extremely soft and flattering, with no fallout.
Taupe is a darker neutral that blends like cashmere. Dare I invoke a comparison to Moth Brown...? Not as silvery, but in the same range of beautiful shadowed plummy-brown.
Wonderful product - and $20 in Canada ($16US) for a huge pan.