December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Revitalift Miracle Blur

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No. No, no, no, no. This broke me out SO BADLY. For some background, I'm on EpiDuo, which is very potent prescription BP/retinol. It takes a LOT to really seriously break me out these days, but this product managed to do it. I used it for a week and by the end, threw it out because my cheeks and chin area were covered with hard, conjested little bumps. Considering it was the single thing in my entire routine that had changed, there's no doubt in my mind that this was the culprit. My skin started to look better a few days after I stopped using it.

The product really just feels like something that isn't great for your face. It's extremely thick, a touch more gel-like than putty. I'm assuming that this is the "blur" component - that it's so thick that it fills in everything on your face. I don't have lines yet, but I do have some damaged pores from acne. This did absolutely nothing to improve their appearance (and if it's not doing much for tiny pores, I don't see it having a whole lot of success with actual wrinkles). It also has a pretty slick finish, so when I went to apply my MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation over it, it slid right off within a few hours. It claims to be a lift, but I really don't see how it does any of that.

Bottom line - I would never recommend this to anyone. I'm sure that there are better blurs out there, and there are absolutely better primers. Not worth the money or the damage to your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by CarolynlovesIvy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I wish it would have been around back when I was a model in NYC. Of course, it would be nice if it were cheaper. I'm 47 and it makes me look younger.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DPinon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I normally have normal skin and at first it looks great but this makes my skin oily after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by hussyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this product gave my pimples and hard bumps. My skin was clear and smooth after I had good results from a new skin care routine. I bought Miracle Blur because I wanted a primer to give me a smoother base for my foundation. I'm in my 50s and have never been happy with my skin until the past few months. Super oily, sensitive and blotchy from lupus and rosacea. Adult acne. I had finally gotten all my issues under control and was looking forward to new makeup and a new look.

The coverage and effect was satisfactory. I didn't have to use as much foundation. I do think I looked far less oily (although I also did without my daytime moisturizer for the three days I used it).

However, after one day of using MB, I have three pimples, one was more hard bump-like. After three days I had more all over my face. Three strikes, it's out of my life.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Paulahart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this product last fall and I have to admit that it does what it says it will do - give your skin a smooth, poreless look. I was really impressed to see my skin looking so good. However, after about 3 weeks, my skin started to break out, big time. I've always been fortunate in that my skin doesn't break out much and when it does, the pimples are very small. Not this time.

I had big, red, sore cysts that wouldn't go away even with my usual retinol products. Even after I stopped using the product, my skin wouldn't clear up and then I developed a weird rough, red spot on my left cheek, near my nose. Now, I'm not saying that this product necessarily caused that but it all happened at the same time. It has taken nearly a year to get my skin back to normal (thanks to hemp seed oil) but my skin is very sensitive now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I like this as much as I do - it doesn't dry me out and it feels great on. I don't have super-visible pores but it definitely smooths out the ones I can see. I wear this under concealer on days when I don't feel like I need any other coverage, as it really does make my skin look great. Love the SPF, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by LeilaniRL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this product about two months straight, which is one bottle's worth. Stuff looks great when first put on, especially on the pores. However, it melts around the under eyes later on in the day, around end of business day (I'm a graphics designer and my eyes get really tired). Not sure what to do about that. I don't reapply makeup once on. The good news is that this stuff doesn't melt after my lunch time runs in Florida. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Secondlifehxaronomad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 52 and am only now beginning to see signs of aging. I don't wear makeup and was looking for something to diminish the look of pores and discoloration. I have dark African American skin, I chose Miracle Blur over a BB because I did not want to do a skin tone match.

I used the product for a week and actually saw my pores enlarge. I saw my skin return to the pre trial state after I discontinued use. I researched products for about six months before deciding on a new level of skin care. Although I saw mixed reviews I saw enough good reviews to chance it. Obviously it is not for every person.

Having said that, I would not discourage someone from trying Miracle Blur, but perhaps you might gather a few friends together for a testing party. Five folks trying a pricey product softens the blow a bit if the results are not so grand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all, this will not erase the look of lines and wrinkles. It does blur pores a bit, but I have a few very large pores it didn't touch. However, this does smooth the skin and makes an excellent makeup primer. My Revlon Colorstay Foundation went on like butter over this. I think as long as you have realistic expectations, you'll enjoy this product. If you're expecting the "unretouched results" you see in the before and after pictures, you'll be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by chasingjamie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used my moms sample of this early this morning because I wanted to see if it would prolong my foundation. As soon as I applied it to my skin, it started burning and turning bright red. I finished my makeup and realized it just looked cakey so I washed it off and went bare face because my skin was so irritated. About 11 hours later my skin was covered in breakouts. It hurt to even put my moisturizer on.

I must be allergic to something in it but I would definitely avoid this if you have sensitive skin.