Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 5/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The first time I used this product a Clinque employee did a skin test on the back of my hand to show me how many dead skin cells this toner removes. I was amazed and grossed out when I saw all the dead skin on the tape after the test. So I bought there entire three step program. The price was great not very expensive. After using the three step a couple time I started to break out. I was expecting this because I was told to give my skin two weeks to adjust. After two months of use my skin was a mess. I had tons break outs, the pores on my face had gotten bigger, and I had more black heads then I could count! I stopped using it and my skin cleared up slowly. Over all I am not a fan. Clinque has some great stuff, but this product is NOT on my list of must haves.

on 5/9/2015 7:54:00 AM

This is my HG toner, I have been using it for many years and it's the one that I always come back to. It contains salicylic acid, so it helps keep my skin smooth and clean but it's still gentle enough for me to use every day.
For reference I have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, and not particularly sensitive. And this product really works for me! The cotton pad shows all the gross stuff left behind by cleanser. And with daily use, I'm left with a clearer and brighter complexion.
This is a staple item for me and I can't imagine my skincare regimen without it. I have repurchased it many times and will continue to do so in the future.

on 4/26/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product gave me one of the worst breakouts I ever experienced. I was so excited to get it but it burned and irritated my skin. I will never try another Clinique product. Both this and the Dramatically Different gel moisturizer were duds for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this product. Sometimes it does me good and sometimes it makes my skin dry. I rather stick to clarins if I don't have acne problems and will go back to this when i got some.

on 3/17/2015 10:16:00 PM

This toner is amazing! It evens out my skin tone and makes my face feel even more clean after a face wash. I use it after face wash and before my moisturizer: I wash my face with the Aveeno foaming cleanser and after I have patted everything dry, I apply this all over my face with a cotton pad - then I use the Body Shop Vitamin E facial oil followed by the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense moisturizer. My skin looks like it has foundation on, and I have only been using this for about two weeks now! I would not say it is a miracle for acne, but I have noticed it shrunk most of mine in size. It stung for the first few applications, nothing too unbearable. This has become a staple in my skin care regime.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

never repurchase. I guess this is just too drying for my skin

on 2/24/2015 6:38:00 PM

got this as a gift or christmas and i seriously wanted to die after using it. i have sensitive skin and it BURNED my face and left RED BLOTCHY PEELING DRY SPOTS around my forehead, mouth and nose. I was disgusted and horrified !!! it took a MONTH to clear up my face after using healing moisturizers and masks and i was so embarassed to leave my house. when i applied makeup over it all the dry flakes sticked up and were very noticeable i seriously wanted to hide in my house and not leave until it got better. |Iused it once and seriously wish i could have gottena refund

on 2/19/2015 10:24:00 PM

I'm so surprised this product only has a 2.9 rating it's SO GOOD. My skins pretty sensitive and I've had pretty bad experiences with toners/exfoliators so I was pretty hesitant about trying this but boy am I glad I did! I heard Amber rose raving about their products in an interview and had to try it b/c her skin is amazing. My skin has never been this clear or radiant before! I use this paired with the anti-blemish wash (inconjunction with the clarisonic) and the dramatically different moisturiser. Works a treat! I get compliments on my skin all the time now :)

on 2/1/2015 3:30:00 AM

Such a waste!! Im very upset when i tried out this for about two weeks and i get break out,my face become very dry.i cant return this thing and probably i will use it on my legs or arms as exfoliating lotion.this contains bunch of alcohol, i dont like using it, feels like i use alcohol on my face.this rly not for me.currently im using caudile mosturizing toner which is much better for me i think. I need time to recover from this break out,this toner a big no no for me!

on 12/17/2014 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this stuff! when I use it, the cotton balls have gross brown s*it on them and it feels good to get it off my face. It also leaves my face feeling really refreshed and gets rid of any flakey parts.