July 22, 2014 | 2225 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Slcatlow

Very basic alcohol based toner. Made my skin more oily. Didn't really help me skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by larabr

I have been using this for almost 10 years, and while I have tried many many other toners, I always go back to this one! I realize some people find it irritating because of the alcohol, but it just works really well with my skin (combination, dry cheeks and sometimes slightly oily t-zone), and I like the alcohol so much that the fact the the other toners I've tried don't have it is why I don't like them. I just leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I use it every morning and night, and it's by far my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I was looking for the Caudalie Hydrating toner at Sephora, I was unable to find it. So, I went to the Cinique station and got the Clarifying lotion 2, I had taken the test on their website to determine what number my skin required. Once applied, it stings a lot and is drying due to the alcohol. After a few days, I broke out, it was probably the worst break out I've had. At first I thought it was coconut that clogged my pores, so I stopped using it. My breakouts were still present and angry looking. My breakout got better and I noticed one day that my breakout was coming back. Then I thought it could be the toner, what if it's too harsh for my skin. I stopped using it. My face looks a lot better now :) I will be returning this toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sileane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this toner, it would always leave my skin feeling really fresh and nice, and afterwards i'd use a moisturizer because it did dry my skin out a little.
I give it three stars because it's something YOU SHOULD NOT DO MORE THAN TWICE A DAY. Your skin will overproduce in oils where you are prone to break out. I used this toner twice, three times a day & it was far the worst mistake. I am extremely prone to acne on my chin & i have never had forehead pimples, and now i've got spots everywhere there. Time to lay off one of my favorite products for awhile. This will not happen to you if you use this once a day! Great product will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by xTillyx

This is a great toner that has improved my oily t-zone & spot prone skin. I have been using this for a month as part of the Clinique three step system (morning & night I wash my face using the mild facial soap, followed by rubbing this toner all over my face with a cotton pad then finally I moisturise with dramatically different gel & these three products work very well together on my skin. A lot of people claim this is harsh on their skin & have experienced stinging/burning but I have never - it makes my skin feel soft, cleansed & clear :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice toner that does not irritate my sensitive skin. It removes excess dirt and oil that my cleanser missed. My skin is left cleaner and moisturized. I still apply a moisturizer after using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

After using this for years with great results I have now come to the conclusion that it is just too harsh for my skin which has recently changed from plain old oily/combination to oily/combination with some dehydration, mild acne and rosacea. I am sad to part company but I will be using just rosewater to tone until I find something that does what this did for me (removes all traces of cleanser, exfoliates, leaves skin soft).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

Yuk. Just Yuk. Old fashioned stringent stuff that dries my skin out and doesnt' do my skin any favours.

Seriously, rubbing alcohol would be better value for money and less revolting on my skin.

This is everything a bad old fashioned toner was. Its everything a toner should not be. I regret spending money on this stuff. Isocol rubbing alcohol or turpentine would have been better value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Clinique toners for about 9 years. I started off with Clarifying Lotion #3 when I had cystic acne. after 4 years, my skin actually repaired itself enough to look like totally normal, healthy skin, thanks to the toner. I switched to Lotion #2 when my skin became normal.

yes, its alcohol based but I do believe some skin types will suit it. for reference I have combination, sensitive skin, which is occasionally acne prone (I still get 3-4 cystic pimples when i'm very stressed). I've tried other brands of toner (avene, body shop, etc) but they are "weak" on my skin. this perfectly cleans every last vestige of cleanser, makeup, dead skin cells, and bacteria off my skin, twice a day.

I believe it has a mild "exfoliating" effect as well, since it effectively removes any dry skin flakes and creates a perfect smooth canvas for makeup. I wouldn't dream of putting on makeup unless my skin has been buffed with this toner on a cotton pad. I can really feel my skin incredibly healthy and radiant when I use this. when I switch to other brands my skin is less smooth, "rubbery", and develops tiny bumps.

do give it a try and perhaps drop to Lotion #1 if you feel this is too harsh. consult the Clinique staff for great recommendations and advice. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this when my skin started acting very strange a few months ago. I´ve always had combination skin with the occasional zit, but now I was experiencing dryness with some very rough skin texture, big pores and at least five zits at once. Amagin my panic haha. I wanted fast results so I turned to Clinique and I sinse I bought this toner my skin has acctually gone back to normal! Alltough I know it contains some not-so-good ingredients like alcohol and stuff so I have no idea what this will do to my skin in the long term. But I will probably buy it again and use it only when I need it and use something else when my skin is good. =)