September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always return to this product other toners I use are the Bobbi Brown Toner, and Dr. Haushka and Eskinol. This is great I use a oil cleanser to remove my makeup a gentle foaming cleanser like Clarins shea etc and follow with this. I know someone people say it stings and burns but how many times do you go over your face with the cotton I swipe once or twice in the same area.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by marinahasber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Don't waste your money on this alcohol toner. I wiil sure ruined your skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

** NOTE: My skin is soft and all, but VERY oily. ** This stung when I applied it, but the results were great (for me). It really exfoliated my dry patches and left my skin silky and radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so worried about using this, but I really liked it's claims to provide gentle daily exfoliation. My skin is a million times better with regular exfoliation but most are so grainy and harsh.

I couldn't decide between the non alcoholic version and this old timer, but in the end I went with the version with alcohol because I already have some alcohol free Thayers witch hazel and I figured that would be very similar to the Clinique alcohol free version.

After reading reviews I started off using this once a day every second day, and now I use it twice a day every day - and it's a routine that's really working for me. I also use serum, moisturiser and aloe gel over the top of all that so I'm not sure if that's how I'm getting away with using this twice a day but regardless, it's a routine that's currently working for me.

I sweat a lot where I live and on some days I feel absolutely disgusting and have used this a 3rd time throughout the day with no issues. But I figured if it was too harsh I could go back to Thayers, or dilute this.

I'm really glad I didn't get the alcohol free version. This is a really effective product. My skin is much clearer than it's ever been, old scars are starting to fade after a month and my skin feels comfortable. Just keep it away from your eyes and lips.

My only gripe-it would be great if it came in a smaller size. This size is huge and at this rate will last me for years!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Slcatlow

Very basic alcohol based toner. Made my skin more oily. Didn't really help me skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by larabr

I have been using this for almost 10 years, and while I have tried many many other toners, I always go back to this one! I realize some people find it irritating because of the alcohol, but it just works really well with my skin (combination, dry cheeks and sometimes slightly oily t-zone), and I like the alcohol so much that the fact the the other toners I've tried don't have it is why I don't like them. I just leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I use it every morning and night, and it's by far my favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

I was looking for the Caudalie Hydrating toner at Sephora, I was unable to find it. So, I went to the Cinique station and got the Clarifying lotion 2, I had taken the test on their website to determine what number my skin required. Once applied, it stings a lot and is drying due to the alcohol. After a few days, I broke out, it was probably the worst break out I've had. At first I thought it was coconut that clogged my pores, so I stopped using it. My breakouts were still present and angry looking. My breakout got better and I noticed one day that my breakout was coming back. Then I thought it could be the toner, what if it's too harsh for my skin. I stopped using it. My face looks a lot better now :) I will be returning this toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Sileane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this toner, it would always leave my skin feeling really fresh and nice, and afterwards i'd use a moisturizer because it did dry my skin out a little.
I give it three stars because it's something YOU SHOULD NOT DO MORE THAN TWICE A DAY. Your skin will overproduce in oils where you are prone to break out. I used this toner twice, three times a day & it was far the worst mistake. I am extremely prone to acne on my chin & i have never had forehead pimples, and now i've got spots everywhere there. Time to lay off one of my favorite products for awhile. This will not happen to you if you use this once a day! Great product will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by xTillyx

This is a great toner that has improved my oily t-zone & spot prone skin. I have been using this for a month as part of the Clinique three step system (morning & night I wash my face using the mild facial soap, followed by rubbing this toner all over my face with a cotton pad then finally I moisturise with dramatically different gel & these three products work very well together on my skin. A lot of people claim this is harsh on their skin & have experienced stinging/burning but I have never - it makes my skin feel soft, cleansed & clear :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice toner that does not irritate my sensitive skin. It removes excess dirt and oil that my cleanser missed. My skin is left cleaner and moisturized. I still apply a moisturizer after using this product.