August 28, 2014 | 1105 users online

Blush - Rimmel - Match Perfection Blush - Medium 003

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have tanned/olive-toned skin and this blended in perfectly with my skin tone - great for daytime makeup and for a more natural look. I have the Medium 003, bought when it was on sale. I applied directly with my fingers (instead of a brush) and it gives a good amount of product. You would have to reapply after a couple of hours as it will not last all day, but it's a decent enough blush. I probably would not purchase it for full price, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I bought this blush after seeing the reviews here...and realized that this didn't work for me unfortunately :(. I made sure I got the medium shade and still the blush applied like chalk on my medium yellow tone skin. Even if I grabbed the plum and the pink only there wasn't not much pigmentation at all. I tried pounding my blush brush into the pan do see if I can get any pigmentation but no nothing. Returned it the same day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by nanhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

note this review is for med/dark 003- amazing i have been trying evry drugstore cream and powder blush ( i boycotted nordstrom cosmetics a decade ago after wasting a million$$$ on cosmetics that landed up thrown in a shoebox u know what i mean!) the closest ive gotten is rose a dren dron creme blush by drew barrymore flower beauty from walmart. beautiful glowy clor on my asian yellow tinged skintone except not quite enuff depth almost too natural looking. on a whim i saw this and grabbed it at walmart for 3.97. let me tell u the dark color a soft browny plum gives me that flush that doesnt lean fake pink or orange that almost all blushes do except the african american cosmetic lines but always have too much pigment which makes it uber hard too apply dailly with the same desired result. not this trio no matter which of the three colors u blend togehter its ALWAYS looks good. i layer it over the flower creme blush and its perfect and lasts all day...any combo of the 3 colors looks great on my skintone... just different slightly different versions. this is not uber matte yet not shimmery sort of satin/matte i wud say which is great bcuz i have my own favorite shimmer i like ( black radiance caramel bronzer/highlighter ) no itching burning bumps or breakouts on my extra sensitive skin. try it its only 4 bucks! im planning on stockpiling this its such a rare find! PS i am super sensitive to fragrance i canot tolerate it at all and this has no scent whatsoever
EDIT think this was making my cheeks breakout!!! swtiched to ulta mineral blush tiger lily no breakouts and glowy

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best blush I've bought in a very long time. I saw it and it was love at first sight. I love that this shade is perfect for my medium skin tone. It's not very pigmented but is not transparent in any way. It stays on all day on my very oily cheeks and is almost matte which is a must when you are over 30. Is a winner.

I don't think is that cheap here (9.50USD) but is worth it. I just wish the packaging would be better but that's the issue with Rimmel, they need to improve the way they pack their products.

I would buy again in a heart beat.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by 81lafleur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging of this this product was what pretty much got me. It really caught my eye and by the different colors i thought this blush would give me a nice glow. But it did not. I have warm undertones and skin that easily tans and this blush barely showed up on my face. When i applied the product with my blush brush, a large amount of powder erupted from the blush. And when I applied this on my cheeks a really wierd smell came from the product. To me it almost smelled like a really strong and unpleasant perfume smell. I would not repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent blush. I hesitated on buying it after reading some of the negative reviews regarding the "Light/Medium 002" shade - It was called un-pigmented, too sparkly, bad quality. So I expected the Medium 003 shade to be similar, however I read on a random beauty blog that this particular blush shade is a dupe for Benefit Hervana, so I bought it anyway ;D
I paid right around $4 USD at my local WalMart, and I got the only one left in stock that wasn't smashed into a million peices (which makes me think that this blush, or this shade specifically is very soft, and crumbles easily -so keep that in mind if you purchase it! :D)
The pan itself is HUGE - It comes in a large circular compact with 3 shades you can mix together inside. An off white shade, a plummy pink, and an almost true plum type shade. The compact itself is very similar to Rimmel's "StayMatte" pressed powder. The lid is clear and screws off.
I expected it to be underwhelming and be another blush that just sits in an unused makeup pile or gets returned to the store but to my surprise, it's GORGEOUS on my pale skin! Had I not been specifically looking for the Med.003 shade I probably would have purchased the lightest shade as I'm quite pale (around N10/NC15 in MAC - very fair with neutral leaning warm undertones) but the Medium shade is definitely a hit. I own more than 50 blushes and have worn this daily since purchasing it more than 2 weeks ago (&that's a big deal for me lol)
So, is it a dupe of Benefit Hervana? In my personal opinion (for whatever it's worth ;D) No, they're not "dupes", but they are indeed similar, and even if they were not, this blush would still be a hit for me. It's stunning on fair skin. And since it is similar to Hervana, if that is a product you'd been wanting to try or that you already like, you may want to give this a try first, it's only $4! :)
The lightest / off white shade has the most shimmer, when you swirl all three shades together with a large brush you get just a small amount, but the light shade can also be used alone as a powder highlighter if needed (I tried this and it works well, especially since all 3 shades in the pan are quite large, large enough for a brush to get to them without hitting any of the other shades). Or I can mix together the 2 darker ones for a very pinky-plum cheek look that is almost matte. The darker shades are not completely matte, but they're not overwhelmingly shimmery, or noticeably shimmery at all. I'd describe those 2 shades alone as sort of a "satin" looking finish (if that makes sense?).
Overall, I'd definitely purchase again. Not sure if I'll try any of the other shades from this line as I haven't read many positive things, but the medium shade is perfection for me. I highly recommend and it certainly deserves 5 lippies!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No