August 1, 2014 | 1081 users online

Lips - Neutrogena - MoistureSmooth Color Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this crayon in the plum and the raisin color. I love them both. They have a slight sheen to them but are not frosty. Look great on pale lips. Relatively long lasting (not as long as Revlon Kissable Stain Balm, but more moisurizing). I would buy these two colors again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in "bright berry" the other day and I love it. I'm finding myself ignoring all of my other lipsticks and going for this instead. I'm a NC30 in MAC and it's a very pigmented pink with slight shimmer on my lips. Very flattering.

Pros:
-LOVE the crayon-like packaging.
-It has this peachy smell that I love. Some might find it bothersome, though.
-VERY pigmented. A little goes a long way.
- Extremely moisturizing. Makes my lips feel super smooth
-Lasts quite a while. I put it on in the morning and it's still there in the afternoon!

Cons:
-There's more shimmer than I'd like but it's nothing too bad
-I paid $9 for it, which is kind of expensive for a drugstore lip crayon in my opinion but I think it's worth it

Can't wait to go back and buy another color..or two :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Disgusting. This was maybe a good idea but so poorly made. I bought #40 Bright Berry which looks nice in the packaging but when you apply it - becomes a gross overly frosty (I mean like the 80's-prom-exploded-on-your-lips frosty, all I'd need is a huge perm and streaks of blush like war paint to complete the look !!! ughhh) light plummy pink berry colour. The texture of the lip colour is so soft, which makes it difficult to even get onto your lips, it just literally crumbles and falls apart as you apply it - in fact mine broke the 2nd time I used it, and the tip just smooshed right down flat in to the stick and now you can't even get a point to apply it easily. And I only use a light touch to give my lips subtle hint of colour. Never had this happen with any other product in my life. It's just ridiculous - I can see chunks of frosty colour gunked up all over my mouth. On top of all that it's sticky, tacky and gritty feeling. . and did I mention the glitter chunks and shimmery frost? I tried 2 more colours, Caramel and Papaya and tossed them straight into the bin. Same thing - too soft, gritty, shimmery. It feels like rubbing an expired, mushy brown banana on your lips. I won't go into staying power because I had to wipe this off within 5 minutes.

I always felt Neutrogena made some decent mostly natural looking cosmetics. This is shockingly bad. No nice colours, no mattes, no cremes, ALL of them are hideously shimmery. The only positive thing is they smell nice and fruity.

Revlon, CoverGirl and Clinique have much better chubby stick/lip stain/colour stick type products, don't bother with these, they are a waste of money and time. Even a 50 cent lipstick I bought once was less disappointing than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by adeleme

I have these in Warm Caramel and Soft Raspberry. Soft Raspberry is pink/red and the color stays on my lips longer. Warm Caramel is nude color, but has a frost/shimmer, and the color does not last at all. I like the Warm Caramel for its color, although I don't like the frost, and unfortunately it doesn't stay on! The Soft Raspberry is a nice color but not for me. They're soft on the lips and have a pleasant mango scent. I like the packaging.

But in my opinion they're too expensive. I got mine at Walgreens for $9 and at Target for $8. It's a lot of product, though, so that's a plus. I wish they came out with more nude colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I purchased this product in the shade of Sweet Watermelon 30. When I saw these in the store, they reminded me of the Clinique Chubby Sticks that I have seen in magazines. I had a coupon plus 20% off my shopping visit at CVS, so I think the price was around $6.75. I like the fact that this lip stick doesn't need it's own sharpener--the product sharpens itself as you screw it up from the base. It's like a liner and color in one at the tip is sharp enough to line the lips first and then fill in the lips with the color. Even though most Neutrogena products are fragrance free, there is a hint of a fruity scent to this lip product that I kind refreshing. This shade goes on my lips a little lighter than the color on the stick and it has a bit of a shimmer. I talk all during my shift at work and this product stays on and doesn't bunch up in the corners of my mouth or get sticky. It wears very comfortably on the lip and feels very light. It's a great spring lip product, IMO. I will purchase one or two more of these babies to have in my collection because I adore the scent and the fresh feeling of this lip product. Winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the color 30 Sweet Watermelon. A light, frosty pink. I don't like frost, which is where my rating is coming from. It has very small glitter that is slightly noticeable when you rub your lips together. As a balm it's just meh. I wouldn't rely on it as one, but I'm the type to always have a lip balm very close by reapplication. Not too long after applying this I did reach for a clear balm just for the extra moisture. The peaches and cream scent is nice, but if you have an aversion to semi-strong scents you may not like it. Compared to Revlon, I prefer the balm/stain that Revlon provides.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought 2 of these to try them out. They are way slicker than Revlon's or Clinique's version of "chubby sticks." I bought:

Fresh Papaya: a shimmery coral

Soft Raspberry: a warm rose

Both are beautiful colors but they are less of a traditional color balm than the other 2 brands noted. Colors stayed true for me and did not turn bright pink like the Revlon ones.They have a lot of butters in them so pretty moisturizing.

The colors fell into my fine lines a tad whether because they are so moisturizing or not. These left 0 stain on my lips unlike Clinique's.These smell like mango but taste very strongly to me of perfumed sunscreen even though they have no spf listed.

They will not replace my Clinique favorites, unfortunately because of my dislikes listed above but they are better than Revlon's if you don't care about a stain or long wearing.