Garnier Clinical Overnight Dark Spot Peel

3.3

on 7/23/2015 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not one to write reviews but I LOVE this product! At first I was skeptical about buying it because I honestly did not think it would fade my dark spots. After only 1 week of use, I started to notice that my dark spots are noticeably getting lighter. (I am now in week 2 of using this product, I started on 7/10/2015). I'm sure after 2 months of using it, my face will go back to being clear. I'll let you all in on something that I think is making this process faster, I use the overnight peel day AND night!!!! I apply the peel in the morning, and after 5 min of letting it dry, I ALSO apply the dark spot corrector cream and let that sit in for another 5 min before I apply any moisturizer. At night before bed, I do the same routine but I do not apply any moisturizer. I will write another review in 2 weeks for a 1month update.

on 6/5/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First off, I've never had a bad run-in with Garnier products, and I have generally sensitive skin.

My usage of this product is on-and-off since buying it back in late March, sometimes remembering, mostly forgetting. It has a sticky gel texture once you apply it to your face. Two pumps is enough for my entire face, three for my face and neck. Previously I had awful adult acne scars mostly lightened with retinol-like products, but the traces of bumps and lighter pockmarks were still there.

Enter this product, and it does a pretty good job. I wake up to brighter (although slightly sticky) skin, which is just remedied by a morning splash. At $16 it's one of the more expensive Garnier products.

My marks are mostly gone and my skin looks clear enough to not wear foundation, so I wouldn't buy it again for the time being - but I will if I need to.

on 1/20/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My experience was it cause me to breakout terribly with little red bumps everywhere which are now terrible acne scars and very prominent. (Sigh)

on 11/5/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is definitely a waste of time and money, I'd go as far as to say it's one for the garbage truck! It's a good job I didn't spend a lot of money on this product because as far as it making a difference to my skin, there was hardly anything to notice. My spots did not get any better. It just wasn't something I would continue using.

on 11/1/2014 5:56:00 PM

For a budget product, this is actually really neat! After a few weeks my skin appears smoother and brighter. The gel applies smoothly and you only need a small drop for your entire face.

on 7/17/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

After much deliberation, I finally tossed this one in the trash. Not a terrible product, but one that I would be very wary of if you (like me) suffer from acne prone skin, whether it be adult acne (like me) or just hormonal/adolescent acne.

The first couple times that I used it I definitely noticed that my skin looked brighter the next day. However, after months of using a couple nights a week and noticing that my skin was gradually getting worse (with no other real changes to my routine) I deduced that this product was actually the culprit for my acne. If it didnt do that, I would love this product!

The texture of this product is nice, a thin clear liquid, not too gloopy and i found a little goes a long way all over your face. Has a nice smell to it too. My face did feel a little sticky immediately after application, however. That seemed to go away eventually, but even for the short period, it was a little annoying.

I could go on and on about this product, but bottom line is that the long term effects of it on my skin were negative. Honestly, i use retin-a and ocassional glycolic peels (Exfolikate) and with a little patience, I feel like that has helped with my dark spots, even just so by keeping my skin clear.

on 7/15/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing! I struggle with acne, uneven skin texture, and uneven tone. I already had a really good skin regimen but knew I was missing an acid to eliminate the dead cells. I researched and decided to give this a try!!! When I first apply, my skin feels dry but in the morning, it's still moisturized! I've seen an improvement in all of my skin issues and I sound like a commercial haha.

on 6/2/2014 5:38:00 PM

2.5 overall rating for now.

First day, slight tingling/itchy feeling after applying. Next morning, no major changes but I wanted to wash my face immediately. I gave it a break while I tested other products on my skin. Iíve been using it every night now for a week and do not get the same tingling reaction as I did initially (sigh of relief). I donít have too many dark age spots (yet), but lots of scars from acne breakout that I am trying to get rid of. I donít see a huge difference in these specific areas (as in, they didnít fade dramatically & quickly/immediately), but I do feel like my overall skin appears brighter and smoother. I have only been applying the product in areas I wanted to focus on, as suggested by other reviewers. A little goes a long way Ė I try not to press hard on the pump, otherwise too much product will come out and it would be wasted. Due to my combination-oily skin Ė I didnít want the ďgoodĒ skin to dry out. The product is clear, with a slightly more watery texture than a serum that spreads easily on the face. I dab an amount smaller than the head of a nail and it is enough for my chin, forehead, and nose/cheekbone area. I only use this product at night and always use SPF during the day. Iím anxious to see if there are further improvements in four weeks, as they claim on their box.

After extended use, I have lost interest in the product and it sits on the shelf of my medicine cabinet. The initial results were good, but long-term effectiveness isnít that high for it to be included into my daily regimen. Iíll probably try it again if I find more dark spots appearing to see if it makes any difference. I really want to love it!

on 5/27/2014 11:09:00 PM

Wow, not just seeing results with dark spots, but also with skin condition in the morning. No more flakiness, and more even tone.

on 5/12/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff works! I had marks from my acne and this lightened and diminished them all together. I am not even done with the bottle and I've had it a long time. Every time i use it I wake up with refreshed skin. This stuff is amazing.

Popular Treatments (Face)