December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Clinical Overnight Dark Spot Peel

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by DanielleFitz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is definitely a waste of time and money, I'd go as far as to say it's one for the garbage truck! It's a good job I didn't spend a lot of money on this product because as far as it making a difference to my skin, there was hardly anything to notice. My spots did not get any better. It just wasn't something I would continue using.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ahorangi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

For a budget product, this is actually really neat! After a few weeks my skin appears smoother and brighter. The gel applies smoothly and you only need a small drop for your entire face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

After much deliberation, I finally tossed this one in the trash. Not a terrible product, but one that I would be very wary of if you (like me) suffer from acne prone skin, whether it be adult acne (like me) or just hormonal/adolescent acne.

The first couple times that I used it I definitely noticed that my skin looked brighter the next day. However, after months of using a couple nights a week and noticing that my skin was gradually getting worse (with no other real changes to my routine) I deduced that this product was actually the culprit for my acne. If it didnt do that, I would love this product!

The texture of this product is nice, a thin clear liquid, not too gloopy and i found a little goes a long way all over your face. Has a nice smell to it too. My face did feel a little sticky immediately after application, however. That seemed to go away eventually, but even for the short period, it was a little annoying.

I could go on and on about this product, but bottom line is that the long term effects of it on my skin were negative. Honestly, i use retin-a and ocassional glycolic peels (Exfolikate) and with a little patience, I feel like that has helped with my dark spots, even just so by keeping my skin clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by troo12

This is amazing! I struggle with acne, uneven skin texture, and uneven tone. I already had a really good skin regimen but knew I was missing an acid to eliminate the dead cells. I researched and decided to give this a try!!! When I first apply, my skin feels dry but in the morning, it's still moisturized! I've seen an improvement in all of my skin issues and I sound like a commercial haha.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

2.5 overall rating for now.

First day, slight tingling/itchy feeling after applying. Next morning, no major changes but I wanted to wash my face immediately. I gave it a break while I tested other products on my skin. Iíve been using it every night now for a week and do not get the same tingling reaction as I did initially (sigh of relief). I donít have too many dark age spots (yet), but lots of scars from acne breakout that I am trying to get rid of. I donít see a huge difference in these specific areas (as in, they didnít fade dramatically & quickly/immediately), but I do feel like my overall skin appears brighter and smoother. I have only been applying the product in areas I wanted to focus on, as suggested by other reviewers. A little goes a long way Ė I try not to press hard on the pump, otherwise too much product will come out and it would be wasted. Due to my combination-oily skin Ė I didnít want the ďgoodĒ skin to dry out. The product is clear, with a slightly more watery texture than a serum that spreads easily on the face. I dab an amount smaller than the head of a nail and it is enough for my chin, forehead, and nose/cheekbone area. I only use this product at night and always use SPF during the day. Iím anxious to see if there are further improvements in four weeks, as they claim on their box.

After extended use, I have lost interest in the product and it sits on the shelf of my medicine cabinet. The initial results were good, but long-term effectiveness isnít that high for it to be included into my daily regimen. Iíll probably try it again if I find more dark spots appearing to see if it makes any difference. I really want to love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jules0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, not just seeing results with dark spots, but also with skin condition in the morning. No more flakiness, and more even tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by fettcourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff works! I had marks from my acne and this lightened and diminished them all together. I am not even done with the bottle and I've had it a long time. Every time i use it I wake up with refreshed skin. This stuff is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Aileenchua

My skin is very acne prone. I have been struggling with cystic, painful, deep pimples for the past 8 months. I have had normal acne since 13 though. I am now 16. Anything from blackheads,whiteheads,blind pimples (the worst) , and cysts. I dont think it was all hormonal but the fact that I am a picker. I nick and pick at my pimples from small to big ones. Gross- I know. So along with being acne prone I am also sensitive and a bit on the dry side... Every pimple I get leaves a GIANT SPOT ON MY FACE. Sometimes I won't pick and my skin is so sensitive it still leaves a reddish mark. So annoying ! I have tried several lightening products and remedies. Like Pro Activ Dark Spot corrector- good but takes a few weeks, Ambi Fade Cream- good as well but also takes time... With other products that fade like Murad Pigment lightening serum. Lemon Lime and all that which are great!! But I used it everyday and only made my skin more red! I realize now that I dont have dark spots due to acne. They are RED SPOTS and DOTS. I did some research and apparently my skin is still healing from past pimples due to sensitivity. (explains the rednness still) The main ingredient in fade creams is hydroquinone. That ingredient works for lightening dark spots not acne marks. There's a difference!!!

I begged my mom to take me to CVS yesterday haha I seriously had to beg. I dont reccomend CVS or WALGREENS (expensive). So we picked up the Garnier Dark Spot Overnight Peel. I was tired of correctors and with experience with Lactic Acid I wanted to use a peel for its effectiveness. I didn't know how to use it. I read but was it a serum? I thought I was suppose to wash it off!? Before or after moisturizer? Well this is how it went. I took of my makeup and applied . One side of my face I rubbed it in really well. It was sticky like a mask. The other side of my face I didn't rub it in at all to see if it would dry. Nope I went to sleep with a sticky face haha. It smells citrisy. It doesn't linger. I woke up this morning feeling like maybe it didn't work because I didn't feel a tingle or burning sensation which can indicate its working . I looked in the mirror and WOW (: My skin usually looks dull and the dots on my cheeks look so bad BUT I woke up and my skin was GLOWING. I took a peek at my marks they looked faded! I slept on my right side where I have the worst marks and they are more visible but that's because I rub against my pillow. My right side was also the side I didn't rub in...Today I will rub it in completely. I will wash it off in the morning. Conclusion : If you have post acne marks (not deep pitted) that are stubborn try this I saw results the first night!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sandyswitchblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY SHIZZ! I had a REALLY bad break out like 2 months ago which left me with the grossest dark scares ever! Well I've been using this every night for about a month and I can say that most of my dark spots are almost gone and it actually helped clear up my acne! WOOHOO! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by britnitessaho

First MUA review. I love this stuff! Awesome product at a great price. It really does work, yet is gentle enough on your skin to use every night. I love the way it smells and I love the packaging as well. I've noticed a difference on my dark spots and acne scars after continuous use each night for a few weeks. Also spreads easily and a little goes a long way. Def recommend for those looking to lighten and eventually rid acne scars and other dark spots!