April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Treatments - Garnier - Clinical Overnight Dark Spot Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Aileenchua

My skin is very acne prone. I have been struggling with cystic, painful, deep pimples for the past 8 months. I have had normal acne since 13 though. I am now 16. Anything from blackheads,whiteheads,blind pimples (the worst) , and cysts. I dont think it was all hormonal but the fact that I am a picker. I nick and pick at my pimples from small to big ones. Gross- I know. So along with being acne prone I am also sensitive and a bit on the dry side... Every pimple I get leaves a GIANT SPOT ON MY FACE. Sometimes I won't pick and my skin is so sensitive it still leaves a reddish mark. So annoying ! I have tried several lightening products and remedies. Like Pro Activ Dark Spot corrector- good but takes a few weeks, Ambi Fade Cream- good as well but also takes time... With other products that fade like Murad Pigment lightening serum. Lemon Lime and all that which are great!! But I used it everyday and only made my skin more red! I realize now that I dont have dark spots due to acne. They are RED SPOTS and DOTS. I did some research and apparently my skin is still healing from past pimples due to sensitivity. (explains the rednness still) The main ingredient in fade creams is hydroquinone. That ingredient works for lightening dark spots not acne marks. There's a difference!!!

I begged my mom to take me to CVS yesterday haha I seriously had to beg. I dont reccomend CVS or WALGREENS (expensive). So we picked up the Garnier Dark Spot Overnight Peel. I was tired of correctors and with experience with Lactic Acid I wanted to use a peel for its effectiveness. I didn't know how to use it. I read but was it a serum? I thought I was suppose to wash it off!? Before or after moisturizer? Well this is how it went. I took of my makeup and applied . One side of my face I rubbed it in really well. It was sticky like a mask. The other side of my face I didn't rub it in at all to see if it would dry. Nope I went to sleep with a sticky face haha. It smells citrisy. It doesn't linger. I woke up this morning feeling like maybe it didn't work because I didn't feel a tingle or burning sensation which can indicate its working . I looked in the mirror and WOW (: My skin usually looks dull and the dots on my cheeks look so bad BUT I woke up and my skin was GLOWING. I took a peek at my marks they looked faded! I slept on my right side where I have the worst marks and they are more visible but that's because I rub against my pillow. My right side was also the side I didn't rub in...Today I will rub it in completely. I will wash it off in the morning. Conclusion : If you have post acne marks (not deep pitted) that are stubborn try this I saw results the first night!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by sandyswitchblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY SHIZZ! I had a REALLY bad break out like 2 months ago which left me with the grossest dark scares ever! Well I've been using this every night for about a month and I can say that most of my dark spots are almost gone and it actually helped clear up my acne! WOOHOO! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by britnitessaho

First MUA review. I love this stuff! Awesome product at a great price. It really does work, yet is gentle enough on your skin to use every night. I love the way it smells and I love the packaging as well. I've noticed a difference on my dark spots and acne scars after continuous use each night for a few weeks. Also spreads easily and a little goes a long way. Def recommend for those looking to lighten and eventually rid acne scars and other dark spots!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Dawnna76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff...I am now on my second bottle and needles to say it does wonders for my skin...I have had some dark and red spots and I do have some acne and it has helped so much with all of it. putting this on at night with a gentle rub in is my favorite part of my nightly routine. I use it over a light spray of mineral water. I still do have my spots but they have faded. this will be my go to product, its available everywhere and inexpensive. I have dry/ sensitive skin and does not make me break out

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by solyso

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for a week, and I noticed a great improvement on my skin. And I am writing this because I took pictures of my skin before I started using it and a week after using the product daily. My skin has many dark brown spots due to acne scars, pregnancy stains, plus I have freckles. I have been using for several months L'oreal Youth Code Serum Corrector and Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector for combination/oily skin (which I really dislike), and although I noticed some improvement with the L'oreal and none with the Clinique, it is the Garnier Overnight Peel that made the difference. It is easy to apply, has a pleasant fragrance and so far, it hasn't made my skin break, which is something usual for my skin when I try a new product. Also my skin feels softer than before using it.

I will say it is an excellent product when I see two specific dark spots, that I really hate and cover every single day, go away or at least fade 90%. Then, I will rate it 5 lipsticks!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by annieannee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Did notice improvement in overall texture. Used with Garnier dark spot corrector. Did no more for acne scars and sun damage than just exfoliating everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by No0o0of

updte on 3/5/2014: i run out of my old bottle n didnt bother to buy a new one cause my skin was at its best + i wasnt breaking out that often. I thought that had to do with my new clean diet,
but last month i brokeout again n was left with the red annoying spots on my fair clear skin
n nothing was working to fade them spot treatments helped to diminsh the pimples but not the red spot it leaves.
so i went n bought the over night peel again n saw the same result i talked about before
My scars are almost gone in less than a week of use!
though i have been using it in the morning too as a spot treatment n i make sure to wear sunscreen after n thats has to do with the super fast result i am getting

never gonna live without this product again
n highly recommend it

,,,,,,
I have been using this product for over a couple of months now
n I love it ,,, it helped getting red of old acne red spots
i dont breakout often i only get a few blemsishes during that time of the month. but it takes months n months for it to fade away completely. However, since i have started using the overnight peel, all the old scars faded in the first 3 days
n the new ones now take a week or so to get rid of them ,,, However when i first bought it i was hopping it will even my skin tone n i didnt see any noticeable improvement on that nor have i see any different on my pors, but i am gonna keep buying it again for what it does for me + it lasts for ever u only need a little bit of it so it worth it for me

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical when I got this product from BzzAgent - I am a die-hard fan of Retin-A and was certain that this would be a cheap imitation. Is it as effective as Retin-A? No. Is it a really nice overnight treatment product that's been working slowly on my skin without irritating it? Yes. I don't like the texture - it's really gummy and sticky, and it has a weird smell. I do, however, like that I can see the pores on and around my nose getting smaller and clearer, and that the texture of the skin on my forehead and cheeks is noticeably smoother.

It's nice to have a product that works well without skin irritation. I will definitely buy this product again when my sample container runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by neshaboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product thinking it would get rid of a few dark spots that I had. My face in generally clear. I used this overnight for 3 days, on the 3rd day my face broke out something serious. Now, I'm doing damage control on the break out. I would not recommend this product to anyone with normal skin, especially not to those with sensitive skin. I will probably never buy another face product from Garnier.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by bemil302

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was so excited when I was selected by BzzAgent to try this out. I had one scar from a recent pimple and some melasma as well.

In the past week that I've used this I've accumulated six painful red bumps right around my nose and mouth. So this product that is supposed to lighten discoloration has only given me a barrage of skin damage that will inevitably turn to more stubborn scars, in a very prominent place on my face.