Nina Ultra Pro - Bittersweet

3.5

on 2/3/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this color. I am an Asian NC35 and this color to me is like when fair skinned ladies who pick the nail color that most would never look twice at because it seems too common, but on them it looks oh so beautifully subtle. A very sophisticated color. Anyway, the picture I uploaded above it slightly misleading. I guess with the flash it comes out a little pinker, but in real life it's a little browner, maybe with even a tinge of purple. The brush is shorter and thicker, but I have wider nails, so it didn't really bother me. It applies a little on the clumpy side, but the finished product is fine. As for chips, I have had this on for 3 days and none so far. HOWEVER, I have to say that I cheated and did a "gelly sandwich" (gel base and top coat with the nail polish in between) so I really can't give a true review on it's longevity. I feel it dried like any other nail polish. I got this for about $4.50ish. at Sally's Beauty Supply, but I know they have sales where you can get it cheaper. LOVE IT!

I recently purchased a few Nina Ultra Pro nail polishes from Sally Beauty Supply for $3.49/each. The first one that I tried (French Roast) was absolutely awful. I hated the formula but love the color. I decided to give Bittersweet a try and see if I like that one any better. Bittersweet is a pretty mauve creme. The formula is pretty fussy with this polish as well. I love the pro-wide brush that OPI has, but this wide brush that Nina Ultra Pro polishes have is way too wide and too short. The polish comes out of the bottle gloopy and messy. And no matter how careful I am trying to get the excess polish back into the bottle before applying to my nails, it's still a mess to work with. The only thing I like about this nail polish is the color. Won't be repurchasing.

Popular Polishes