October 24, 2014 | 1739 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Hydrating Gel Oil-Free

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like that Estee Lauder has this option for people with normal/combination or oily skin. A huge plus is it is in a pump, so the active ingredients aren't compromised like they are in a typical jar package. I find the texture to be just right for my oily skin. Very lightweight and hydrating.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

I got a free sample of this from the EL counter when I went looking for a wedding foundation. I have a somewhat troublesome skin. I get very oily, but still suffer from dryness on my cheeks, nose, and chin. I'm also scene-prone and very sensitive; i've had a lot of allergic reactions to moisturizers.

That being said, this product didn't work for me. It controlled my oil somewhat, but didn't hydrate my skin well enough in my dry areas. I still had dry flakes immediately after applying. This stung when I applied it, but that was likely just because of the dryness. It's very heavily fragranced too. This didn't leave any sort of film on my skin, and might work for someone who doesn't have dryness as a problem, and has very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have super oily skin and thought I would try this even though I have never felt the need for a moisturizer. I've always told salespeople that I make enough of my own moisture and that what I really need is something to dry me up. But I agreed to give it a try. I found the product very hard to spread on my face; it didn't seem to spread easily unless I used more than I was told I would need (just a couple of drops). I also didn't find it all that oil free. Although it wasn't bad I still felt a tiny bit greasy after applying it. I didn't notice any difference to my face. In the end I decided it wasn't worth the high price and have gone back to using a mattifier which is inexpensive. My skin feels better. The idea they sell you is that everyone needs a moisturizer which I still think is nonsense. If you have oily skin its not necessary. The packaging is OK; a fancy cardboard box with the product in a glass pump bottle that dispenses easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Im surprised at this product. Had this one as a sample during my few visit to an EL counter. The first week of applying this every night made my oily acne prone skin heals so fast. The zits are incredibly healing. My face even looks luminuous that my co workers can't help but ask what products do I use on my face. Too bad the price is too expensive. The full bottle will cause me a whopping Php 4,800. Owch! But if i will have money will definitely buy this together with the ANR. Goodbye miracle worker.
Update: This caused me hard tiny millia to both of my cheeks. Wish I had not used this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A great moisturizer for oily to very oily skin...it hydrates you as it leaves a perfect long lasting matte finish! totally oil-free! great product! well done Estee Lauder this is really really gorgeous....!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was interested in this product because my rosacea and acne-prone skin doesn't tolerate the suffocation I get with most moisturizing products. I've avoided some of the superlight and gel-type moisturizers recommended because they contain formaldehyde-releasing ingredients. When I heard about this product and subsequent sampling program, I jumped at the chance. My skin is very flaky from acne treatments and is hypersensitive to boot.

THE GOOD: This lilac-colored lotion is superlight, applies easily and smoothes over my flakiness with no apparent oily residue. It provides a nice barrier for application of other products, namely foundation or sunscreen. I get no breakouts from it which, for me, is a miracle.

THE BAD: This lotion is heavily fragranced -- so much so that I sneezed repeatedly for several hours after application. The fragrance does not dissipate over time. It also burned my skin after application and gave me a papule -- even after I had applied Metrocream.

Why, do you ask, do I give this product a "2" instead of a "1?" If a user isn't extremely sensitive and it doesn't create breakouts, perhaps it has a customer base. I don't know what Lauder was thinking when it added so much fragrance. I don't see it surviving in the marketplace in its current formulation. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MiqsMommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. This product was so filled with fragrance it literally gave me a nauseating headache and my husband could even slightly smell it on me in the car. I applied it just after washing my face with warm water and it also made my cheeks really red immediately after I put it on and the skin on my cheeks and to both sides of my nose burned. This product was definitely NOT for me; thank goodness I insisted on a sample before purchasing. Hoping this review is helpful for those with sensitive skin and/or olfactory!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

This stuff is made with unicorn tears I am sure! I have 34 yr old, acne prone, (like deep cystic, scars, blackheads, under the skin knots, hormonal hell) goin on its brutal. Nothing helps. Simple routines, retin a, accutane, bp, salicylic acid, notta. So I was givien a sample of this by a friend whos a counter manager and tossed it in my bag knowing I wouldnt ever touch it since the last go round with estee lauder skincare sent me to the derm. Well last week, I ran out of retionol and wasnt hapoy with it anyway since my skin never got over the breakouts, so I pulled it out and said "wtf, whats a few more zits" well folks? I woke up to non oily, smoother skin and the open sores were gone!! I know its not an acne product but whatever they did, smooths skin tone, heals and balances immediatly! So, the next week I used it am and pm and my face is stupid clear despite my rediculous stress. Nit piddly stress, like my husband left me after 10 yrs with kids and nithing else. So! Yes, its $65 for 1.7 oz but it has saved my face and my confidence! Its a light purple gel creme comparable in texture to clinique moisture surge without the film and sticky. Slight smell but nowhere near what estee usually loads their products with! Makes double wear look a zillion times better and has eliminated my primer even! Love it!
Edited to add: if you have dry skin or even normal skin with dry areas this is not for you. Yes it says normal/combo skin but I have normal cheeks and oily tzone and even I was suprised how water like this is. It does say oil controling on the insert on the box so again, dont rate it low or hate on it unless you are oily.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No