Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick - Raven

cant say enough about how much I love this brand! All of their colors are amazing, I always get complimented when I have this lip color on. Have to be careful to check your teeth after applying. Besides that it is very long lasting and will even last through eating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, as part of a costume, and it is one of my all time favourite lip products. Raven is the most perfect orange red, and when my boyfriend first saw it he requested I wear it more often. I liked the formula so much I went on to purchase Empress, Ballet, and Canvas. The texture of this product is like silk on application, it dries almost immediately and is nearly bullet proof. It has a beautiful vibrant (not neon), velvety matte finish that doesn't highlight flakey or dry lips. The narrow paddle shaped applicator applies product evenly onto the lips, and the curved tip makes it perfect for getting into the corners of your lips, and the cupids bow.

As with all Hourglass products, I adore the sleek packaging. It's nice that it's a screw lid and it feels so sturdy. Also it's an added plus that you can see the colour from the outside, because as I previously mentioned I own a couple now. It isn't bulky so I can put it into my pocket and carry it around with me for emergency touch ups!

When recommending this product I always mention that despite the fact it feels like it's drying out your lips, do not put a balm over top. It completely ruins the integrity of the product. Now admittedly I don't have dry lips, but I find when I remove this my lips are no drier than before I put it on. I usually wear a lipliner under, but it isn't required. They are entirely opaque, I just find it helps with wear time and a little. You don't have to worry about bleeding, smearing, or feathering with these bad boys. It is the best liquid lipstick/ cream stain I have ever used and have every intention of buying the entire line.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Raven is an amazing, traffic-stopping orange-red that wears incredibly well. Despite being a long-wearing formula, it doesn't dry out my easily chapped lips and looks flawless for 7-8 hours provided I moisturize and exfoliate beforehand. Warm-toned reds tend to pull orange on my very warm, NC30 skintone, and while Raven is no exception to that, it manages to retain its redness while its orange base just brightens the color and really lets it pop. MAC Lady Danger and NARS Heat Wave are both much more orange on me. Opaque Rouge Lipsticks come with a flattened doe foot applicator that makes application a breeze, and the super pigmented formula clings to the lips comfortably resulting in a nearly weightless feel and very little transfer to anything you put to your lips. The finish is a lovely, velvety matte that doesn't look flat. Raven lasts incredibly well throughout the day with drinks and meals, and the only thing that will break down the color is oily food, but that goes for all lipsticks. It fades evenly and doesn't flake, but I'd recommend removing the color completely if you want to reapply because it balls up when layered. Raven is a must-have for anyone looking for a long-wearing orange-red. It's pure gorgeousness in a tube.

Recommended for Medium Skin