Make Up Academy (MUA) MUA - Pressed Powder

2.6

on 4/12/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I found this product in the winter sales and it was 75p that sounds sooooo cheap but it was a very good product and highly recommended

on 12/24/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

It's a not very good powder for an oily skin type. Combined with my foundation, it makes my skin look very cakey and unnatural. It also doesn't hold for very long, an hour tops, and after that my face looks very oily and shiny. Now, to be fair, I do have relatively oily skin so no powder can keep my face matte for an entire day, but other powders I've used usually last for at least a couple of hours. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you have oily or combination skin.

on 9/2/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am very disapointed with this product from MUA. I applied my Maybelline FitMe foundation then set it with this. The product left my foundation patchy and uneven. Although, I was not predicting outstanding results considering it has a price if £1. I will not repurchase!! A good cheap powder is the Rimmel Stay Matte which is around £1.99!

on 7/20/2014 12:44:00 PM

I think this is a really good pressed powder it keeps me matte all day I got the lightest shade and it's fine I thinks it's really good for the price but it is a bit chalky

on 5/10/2014 2:38:00 PM

I wear full coverage foundations and combing this with one just makes such a cakey texture it's horrible. I am also very fair and the lightest shade is far too dark for me. However my tanned friend wears this on top of a tinted moisturiser and it looks great on her! Depends a lot on your base I think and also it's £1 so definitely worth trying to see if it suits you

on 1/22/2014 12:10:00 PM

I'm somewhat neutral on this...it's by no means terrible, especially for the price. It lasts on my combination skin a good 5/6 hours or so before needing reapplication. It's quite nice to apply, and the texture is silky. The packaging feels a little cheap, but that's essentially true of all MUA products. For £1, you can't really go too far wrong; but if you add an extra quid or two onto that you'd probably do much better.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This press powder is good for the cost but for around the same price (maybe cheaper) you can get the press powder from the natural collection at boots what works significantly better then this ... A disadvantage of this product as well is of you drop it (like I have on a multiple amount of times) it all turns into dust! - so in conclusion if you want to perchance a cheap press powder I strongly advise getting the press powder from the natural collections instead of this as it is the same cost market and is better then this one from MUA

on 12/4/2013 9:24:00 AM

Great for setting concealer! I got shade 3 for contour too... Love MUA

on 11/30/2013 2:56:00 PM

Great price, only £1! I love this power, even more than Rimmel London's pressed powder. It doesn't come off easily and lasts quite a long time before I need to touch up again. The only downfall is even the lightest shade is a little dark. To make it work I have to blow on the powder brush before I apply.. It makes it go on my face a bit lighter. But I love it, would and have repurchased.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am quite young so this was a good buy for me. At only £1 I thought this was worth a try. it makes your skin feel silky soft and smells good. It doesn't last that long so touch ups meeded but who cares fpr the price! I still had a bit of an oily nose but not that noticeable. For £1 I would definitely buy again.

Recommended for Normal Skin