December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Masks - Equate - Sulfur Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the best acne product ever!
Alright so I have pretty decent skin.. maybe one or two very small blemishes around the tom and maybe like two cystic acne pimples a year but when I get them it takes at least two weeks usually more to get rid of them..
Anyways I recently tried a full coverage foundation that broke me out in 4 places.. like 4 cystic ones at once! It was terrible! So after about 5 days trying to get rid of these suckers (nothing was working), I was at Walmart nd I came across this 5 dollar mask. I remembered my friend had bought an acne treatment with sulfur in it from the Murad line (18 bucks for a teeny tiny tube) and she said it worked really well. I had never used sulfur on my skin before so I decided to give it a try and I'm SOOOO happy I did!
This product completely diminished my 4 cystic acne spots (like the size of peas or bigger) in one week. Yes ONE WEEK! It was incredible!
However to receive these results I didn't exactly follow the directions..
This is my normal routine with the mask added at the end for those of you who are curious/ in need:
1) Wiped my makeup off with the Equate dupe of Neutrogena Makeup Wipes
2) Washed my face with hot water and the Olay 7 in 1 Blemish Control Face Wash (with salicylic acid) on the Olay scrubby brush (Pro-x)
3) Used the pink Clean & Clear Salicylic Acid Astringent
4) Burt's Bees Blemish Stick
5) Zapzyt (all over face)
6) Zapzyt mixed with pure oregano oil (only as spot treatment - do at your own risk because if you use too much, the pure oregano oil will literally burn your skin.. not just a burning feeling but actually burn your skin)
7) Equate Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask.. but the directions say wash off after ten minutes HOWEVER, I left it on all night every night until they were gone.. and I did not spare this product.. like I put globs of it on those specific areas only

Even if you don't want to do that routine, if you leave it on all night, I guarantee you'll have faster results than not using it

I recommend only using it on the spots you need most over night because it will make your skin flaky eventually

Definitely get this product if you have cystic acne and if you're not allergic to sulfur (my mum is so be careful!)

**Also it doesn't smell like rotten eggs.. I find that it smells like the ointment you put on a baby's diaper rash.. so as long as you don't mind smelling like that until it dries (10 minutes tops) then you don't have to worry about a nasty egg smell.. although I do sometimes get a whiff of the sulfur when I wash it off the next morning but its super fast, so no biggie.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an ok mask. My skin is combination and acne prone. I get cystic, hormonal acne, stress acne, not whiteheads and black heads. For my skin, I've found clay masks to be a wonderful overnight treatment for this sort of acne. I picked this mask up some time ago thinking that the sulfur would be better than a regular clay mask. I had gotten a deluxe sample years ago of a DDF sulfur mask and it worked well. Also, I do like mineral sulfur concealing powders. I've used this sulfur mask as an all-over face mask, and as a spot treatment. As a face mask, I like it better. It makes my skin feel clean, not dry, and my pores seem smaller. As an overnight spot treatment though, it doesn't almost nothing. I think it was actually making my acne worse but I'm not positive. Perhaps the overnight treatment was too irritating. That could be why I had better results as a face mask. Either way, I give it a 3. Good face mask. Bad spot treatment. I went back to using my freeman avocado and oatmeal mask as an overnight spot treatment and it's effective. The next morning, all zits have decreased in redness and size (again, these are under the surface cystic, hormonal, not average surface acne). However, that's just my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by brittanykboswell

This is a good sulfur mask. I got a sample size of it in the "knock off" proactiv 3-step system. I have used it twice and thought I would look it up on MakeupAlley to see if other people like it, and there wasn't a review on here - so I thought I would make one.

Now, I have only used this product twice so I can't really say how well I will like it or if it is life-changing or whatever, but I do like it. It makes my skin very soft and HAS improved some of the break outs I have. I would TOTALLY recommend the 3-step system and if the travel size sulfur mask comes in it, give it a try!