Jason Natural Cosmetics D-Clog Balancing Cleanser

3.4

Not tested on animals

The name of this as a 'balancing' cleanser is misleading - this is more a heavy duty purifying wash/scrub. It was much too harsh for my skin, gave me red, raw patches and broke me out. I should have guessed from the ingredients list - it's like they've crammed every possible de-greasing, oil-stripping, scrubbing, scouring ingredient known to mankind into the formula! I wouldn't recommend this for skin that is at all sensitive or only slightly oil-prone.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The official line:

Description - Pure, Natural & Organic . This unique cleanser combines the scrubbing action of loofah powder and jojoba beads with something new: Klamath's Certified Organic Bio-Active Blue Green Algae (Klamath Lake, Oregon), known in ancient Eastern healing for cooling down over-active oil glands and controlling excess oil production. Gently exfoliates surface skin cells, leaving skin soft and smooth.

Suggested Use - Massage a small amount on face and neck. Use caution around eye area. Rinse thoroughly. Follow with Vegee Tonic Balancing Astringent.

Other Ingredients - Purified Soft Water, Cert. Org.* Extracts of: Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Blue Green Algae), Hamameles Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Viola Tricolor (Pansy), Lilium Tigrinum (Lily), Viscum Album (Mistletoe), Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion), Pyrus Malus (Green Apple), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Seed), Vegetable Glycerin, Cocamidropropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Stearate, Almond Meal, Jojoba Ester, Octyl Palmitate, Bentonite, Corn Powder, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Citric Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Methylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Essential Oils of Camphor, Juniper and Green Apple. *Certified Organic.

on 12/21/2009 8:34:00 PM

Although I don't think this broke me out, I don't think that this product is for sensitive skin. True, my skin felt smoother after using this, but the day after my skin was irritated! I'll probably stay away from scrubs for my acne-prone, sensitive skin for now. Still giving it an okay rating because I'm using it for my neck now that I don't know what to do with the bottle. Also, it might be alright for more normal skin. Even though I was VERY gentle, the jojoba beads are stll kind of rough. Didn't remove makeup- had to use evoo before.

on 10/20/2007 12:47:00 PM

I bought this because the bottle stated "D-Clog" and that is what I thought I needed. Well, there is just nothing special about this cleanser, it does not remove makeup. The texture and fragrance is not particulary pleasant and the little jojoba beads are hard to get out of my eyelashes. There are better cleansers out there, so I will pass on this one.

I like to use in the summer when I get oily. Not for those with sensitive skin. It's rather rough b/c it's a scrub-cleanser. It helped with the breakouts I get from humidity.

on 9/4/2006 9:58:00 PM

I liked this cleanser, didn't love it. I wanted to try a natural cleanser so I went with this one, which was about $7. I have normal skin but I bought this for the summer when it gets oilier. But I think this has made my skin a little rough. I'd been moisturizing a lot lately. Overall, it gets your skin clean but doesn't exactly leave it smooth.

on 5/23/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, its the best cleanser I've tried yet and believe me I've tried a lot. It doesn't dry out my skin or break me out, which I love! It also has a great creamy texture-no lather- and smells yummy! This is a great gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out the skin. UPDATE: Well, I found out that this doesn't clean my skin as well as I wanted it to. My forehead feels oily a couple of hours later. Oh well I like everything else about this though.

on 2/2/2006 6:36:00 PM

Great stuff. I read that all kinds of scrubs are bad for the skin because they make catalyze aging. I use this cleanser with jojoba beads when I feel I need some exfoliation. Doesn't irritate, doesn't dry, doesn't sting. Natural.Recommend it to everyone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice cleanser with small beads to exfoliate the skin. Not as gritty as St. Ives Apricot Scrub - more gentle. Helps balance oily skin with blue-green algea extract. Not very good for removing make-up, so I generally use this in the shower in the morning followed by the Jason Naturals Balancing Astringent and oil-free moisturizer.

on 12/18/2005 12:31:00 PM

I love this product. It is an exfoliator and a cleanser in one! I've tried other products that make my skin dry or very tight after I washed. This product leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, not very tight or dry. I have combination skin so I don't think I'd recommend it to really oily skin, but combination/normal/not horribly oily skin fine.

This is a great basic scrub, it does a great job of exfoliation but it's gentle enough to use every day if you want to. Highly recommend!