October 21, 2014 | 1302 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Halo Highlighting Wand

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this wand. I like the shimmer and how it blends. It's very expensive though and not great wearing though so I won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by frenchyfresh

This is the first highlighter I have purchased for myself, and I love it! It looks amazing on my fair skin, and really kicks my overall look up a notch. It is not glittery at all but has a subtle light catching shimmer that really makes your skin glow. The brush tip you use to apply it is not the best for blending so I usually use my finger tips to even out the cream. I apply it right above my cheekbones, on my nose, and a bit on my chin. It looks so dewy and fresh!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahdufour12

This is a creamy highlighter that is dispensed through a click pen with a brush on the end. Not great packaging, really difficult to apply accurately with the pen/brush they provided.

I've tried applying this with a brush and my fingers, both with limited success. I like that it is truly shimmery instead of glittery (no big chunks of glitter), but I feel that it is easy to put this stuff on too thickly. Something about the finished product just never looks right on me... perhaps it's my very fair skin, but I suspect it's something to do with how hard this highlighter is to apply. It always looks like I put highlighter on my face, not like I have a healthy glow.

I actually have been using this as an all-over highlighter for my eye lids, which looks pretty and it works as a decent eye shadow base. I won't be repurchasing when I run out. I'm going to look for a powder-based highlighter... wish me luck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this because I was impressed with the Smashbox photo op undereye brightener which I use to highlight other regions of my face (cupids bow, cheek bones, eye brow bone). I thought this would be similar but with more product. It is a cream highlighting wand with a brush that is good for applying the product onto the region of the face you want highlighted, but you need to blend it in with your finger. This does highlight and it does last on the skin. However it is nothing special. You may as well go and buy a tub of vasaline and use it instead as that is what this is analagous to, it works but is overpriced. The photo op undereye brightener on the other hand is amazing and really highlights and brightens....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This highlighter is my new fave. I have this in pearl. It's a creamy liquid consistency and has glimmer as opposed to glitter. It gives my skin a gleam that is stunning! I think it's similar to MAC's Strobe Cream, but this kicks it up a notch. The best way I found to apply it is with a small duo fiber brush. I dab it on my cheek bones and blend up toward my temples, down the bridge my my nose and above my cupid's bow. It's not terribly cheap ($32 US). The packaging is a click pen that's a little larger than your standard highlighter pens. It's not clear either, so you really don't know when you're almost out. I took a lippy off for that, and the price. As gorgeous as this is, I think $32 is a bit ridic. But I'm a sucker for a gorgeous, luminous glow with NO chunky glitter, so I will probably buy this baby again.
UPDATE: I held the tube up to the light today and noticed that there is a faint black line that moves up when I click it. I'm no rocket scientist, but I imagine that's the mechanism that pushes the product out. If that's the case, then this stuff won't last long at all if you plan to use it daily. I've only had it for about a week and I have maybe an inch left of product. That SUCKS -- totally overpriced! W/that said, I'm not sure I'll buy again simply b/c of the expense.