August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Hair - Mountain Sky Soaps - Renpure Cleansing Conditioner Sweet Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

I really don't understand the bad reviews, but I guess everyone is different. I love this cleansing conditioner! I have shoulder length, thick, wavy/curly, dry hair that is dyed blonde and has a real tendency to frizz. I used this for the 1st time and boy did I love it! It took about 15 pumps and I massaged it into my scalp, brought it through to my ends, then let it soak for about 10 minutes while I finished my shower. I rinsed it completely from my hair, no tangling, no greasy residue. I allowed my hair to dry naturally on a 90 degree humid day and no frizz. Just silky, shiny, soft hair. I did not use conditioner, just my usual dab of pure coconut oil on the ends. Unheard of. My hair did not become greasy toward the end of the day, as some reviewers have noted. This is a fabulous product for gals with very thick, textured hair. And for $4.99 a bottle, what the heck do you really have to lose? Loveeee!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few different brands of cleansing conditioners. I was pretty much convinced that it just wasnt for me. My hair was somewhat fine, oily, straight and damaged (thanks to a year of bleach) and the cleansing conditioners just werent doing what they promised. I picked up RenPure on a whim. The first time I used it I noticed that it was alot thinner and spred alot easier through my hair which meant I had to use alot less. The ingredients on the bottle are FAR better than the other brands and it actually felt like it was cleansing. All the other ones I had tried left a weird film. I do have to use a conditioner after but its totally worth it. also, for the price you get alot more product and it lasts much longer. It may not work for everyone but for me its been a miracle. After 6 months of consistent use my hair is now thicker, shinier, less oily and not breaking off at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by taylortruck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this because I was looking for an alternative to shampoo. I enjoy dying my hair crazy colors, and anyone that does that knows that shampoo washes out dyes like Manic Panic and the like. I'm one of those people that has to wash their hair every single day, so I was having to redo my color every six days or so. Super annoying. Anyway, I found this at my handy dandy local Rite Aid for a little under ten bucks, and I figured I'd try it. I was honestly surprised when I used this. It smells fruity, yet minty, and you can feel the tingle of mint when you put it through your hair. I had no color loss whatsoever. I was able to pull off neon blue hair for two months because of this stuff. Its absolutely amazing in that regard, and no more having to choose between crazy colors or clean, washed hair. It works well on its own, or with another product. Now that I'm back to "normal" hair, I use it with head and shoulders. It doesn't seem to affect the formula. I haven't had any drying or burning. My hair feels a lot softer since I've been using it, even though its a cleansing conditioner. Price wise, I think its a great buy. Its the cheapest cleansing conditioner I've come across, being only ten bucks. The same bottle has already lasted me three months, and I use it every day. Its still almost half full. I use about two pumps at a time though, and rub it in, and then leave it on for about ten minutes. Over all, I really love this product. Even my husband uses this on his hair, because it doesn't dry his scalp out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by pearl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised this worked pretty well. I've tried Wen and that left my hair greasy with dry ends. I was first impressed with Renpure that the pump worked - out of 3 bottles of Wen that I tried none of the pumps worked. I washed with Renpure and my hair felt clean, and not over-stripped. When it dried the ends were somewhat dry. Well, OK, it's a *cleanser*, not a conditioner. So next time I washed with Renpure, and followed with a conditioner. Much better!

However, my hair did not look like a Pantene commercial, it wasn't picture-perfect, flat, smooth, with bouncy volume. I have yet to find anything that makes it so! So I went back to old s/c -- and EW is regular 'poo super drying!!!

I think in my case nice-looking hair just takes effort. However, I like the clean I get from Renpure much better than regular shampoos. My hair is cleaned but not stripped.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by pinkfreud62

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Loreal Everpure and Hair One alternatively before I decided to try this. I can't compare it it Wen, but for me, I can compare it to Hair One. First of all, I have henna /indigo dyed hair so my thin locks are already somewhat dry, although much healthier than when I used to chemical dye it. The texture of Renpure is thin and twice as runny as Hair One, but that didn't really bother me so much since sometimes I have to add water to Hair One to even it out though my hair. Both Hair One and Ren felt the same while saturating it through my hair and I left it in for almost 10 minutes with a cap as I showered - so I wasn't in too big of a hurry to rinse it out. After I towel dried it, I could barley get a comb through the ends and there was quite a tangle in the middle! My hair did have a nice shine to it when it dried, but it was frizzier, drier and didn't feel near as soft as it does with Hair One. Big disappointment! Greasy feel was not an issue for sure with me (even after several days of NOT washing my hair) and had to spritz on some moisturizer spray to smooth some of the frizzies. So, in conclusion, I'd say this product is better than using harsh sulfates and other chemicals, but you'll still need a light conditioner if your hair is left feeling anyway like mine, which kind of defeats the purpose of a one step cleanser. I'll finish the bottle for sure, but afterwards, I'm going back to Hair One.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by tweetylover1972

I like this product it is less expensive then Wen and I need 12 pumps do to my thick hair my hair feels so soft and less frizzy.Just make sure you leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it out really good other then that's it's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by JenellaG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The key to using this "Cleansing Conditioner" is you have to apply A LOT of product into your hair each time you wash. If you don't do it right you will not be able to detangle your hair. With that being said the first 3 or 4 times I used this I loved it. My hair felt soft and shiny with lots of body. After the fifth time though I started noticing my roots were becoming very oily and hard to comb whereas the ends were getting really, really dry and stiff. I tried using a bit of the conditioner as a leave-in like it says to on the bottle but my hair only got drier and harder to style. What a bummer. I might still use this every once in a while just to change up my routine but it's not something I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this product on a late night whim at the drug store. I don't even know where to begin on this one. It leaves the worst feeling in your hair and totally dried mine out. Anyone want greasy straw? Yeah didnt think so YUCK!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by leamarie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The absolute worse stuff you can ever put in your hair, it's completely disgusting!!! I've been a faithful Wen user for over 3 years & found this by accident on google so figured I'd give it a try. OMG, my hair felt so dirty, oily, waxy, greasy, yuck!!! I actually had to use shampoo for the first time in years to wash the crap out & then cleanse with Wen. I cannot believe they would put something so terrible on the market!!! I looked up all the ingredients & there's not 1 cleansing agent in this product so there's no way it can clean your hair. Plus there are too many oils & waxes in it plus Shea butter which also makes your hair greasy. I emailed the company & told them how disgusted I was with their product. I don't care what anyone says, there is no comparison to Wen whatsoever! I'm never cheating on Wen again. And Wen is so cheap because you don't need any styling products & a 32oz bottle will last 90 days for someone with hair down to their butt. Plus you get what you pay for & that goes for everything in life. I threw both bottles right in the trash!!! I will continue to buy & use Wen. If anyone can't afford Wen then either but Loreal's creme cleansing conditioner, hair one that you buy at Sally's or just a sulfate free shampoo & conditioner. This crap is dirt cheap for a reason, it's junk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by memorton

I researched this product before using it online, and after trying it myself I have no idea why it has gotten such bad reviews!! I think that came from the fact that you have to wash your hair REALLY well after letting the cleansing conditioner sit in your hair. You have to be careful massaging it in because it doesn't feel very conditioning at first, but my hair turned out perfect and less dry! Also, my hair is thick and long, this worked great! Perfect alternative to Wen, even though I've never tried Wen due to its price. Also, I wash my hair every 3 days, I'm not sure this would be a good product if you have to wash your hair every day.