Mountain Sky Soaps Renpure Cleansing Conditioner Sweet Pomegranate

Not tested on animals

on 3/10/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is extremely thick, coarse, and dry. It is also color-treated, highlighted, and heat-styled. I look for products with intense hydration that won't strip or fade my color. A few months ago I decided to go completely sulfate-free, so I stocked up on Renpure cleansing conditioners, Wen, and my standby - Kirkland (Costco) sulfate-free moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. I alternate products, depending upon what my hair needs at that time. I really like the RenPure products - the Sweet Pomegranate has a very sweet, fruity fragrance. It is a thinner consistency than Wen, but I feel like it does an equal job of cleansing & conditioning my hair. I do find that I use slightly more Renpure than Wen, just due to the thinner consistency. I wet my hair thoroughly, use probably 12-15 pumps of the Renpure, work it through my hair into a "froth" massaging my scalp, then comb it through, and let it sit while I finish my shower, then rinse thoroughly. My hair feels hydrated and clean, but not dry or tangled. When I blowdry with Pureology styling cream, it is smooth and sleek, but bouncy & not weighed down (a problem I sometimes have with some Wen formulas). I also find that the Sweet Pomegranate & Lavender Renpure formulas do not seem to have menthol (or not as much) as the Wen formulas or the Rosemary Mint Renpure. Overall I definitely recommend giving Renpure a try if you are looking for a good cleansing conditioner that won't break the bank. It works great for me and I will definitely continue to use it from here on out.

I love this stuff!!!!!! I have very long thick hair. I have naturally brown hair that I've been lightening to blonde for about 10 years. I have never had the need to use ANY heat to style my hair. My hair was always oddly healthy and every 8 weeks I got it trimmed. I'm a makeup artist and went to the school MUD one of the classes is a styling class and my hair was just totally destroyed. My long, beautiful,straight, shiny, silky hair turned into over processed, dry, dull, course frizzy just dead hair.

I throw this stuff in my dry hair and leave it on anywhere from 15 minx to over night. I fully wash it out in the shower then reapply and let it sit while I wash my face, shave my legs ect. The first time I used this stuff I was pretty concerned because when my hair was wet it felt awfully dry, course and rough. I NEVER brush my hair when it's wet. I always wait a bit before combing it. This magical thing happened as it was drying. It become very silky, shiny, soft frizz free hair. It was like glass. Those that say your hair feels grimey, oily and dirty are giving up way to quickly. The first few weeks it takes time to adjust. We are raised thinking we need to wash it everyday or close to everyday or it gets dirty. That simply is not true. As a society we are over washers. Our scalp works over time when we do trying to replqce what we suck out of it. I started using this every other shower and then gradually used less and less of my shampoo and conditioner (I use and LOVE renpure coconut BB creme shampoo and conditooner). You can never go totally without a shampoo in my opinion but I only need to use it once every other week in the winter and once a week in the summer. The first few weeks it is a bit of a struggle but do not give in and throw this away but please give it time to work!! This ISN'T a quick fix it's truly a treatment and you have to give it time to work. The results are awesome AND long lasting. Use one to two bottles before giving it up. Using this and a boar bristle brush by denman has truly done wonders for my hair

on 7/20/2014 8:32:00 PM

I really don't understand the bad reviews, but I guess everyone is different. I love this cleansing conditioner! I have shoulder length, thick, wavy/curly, dry hair that is dyed blonde and has a real tendency to frizz. I used this for the 1st time and boy did I love it! It took about 15 pumps and I massaged it into my scalp, brought it through to my ends, then let it soak for about 10 minutes while I finished my shower. I rinsed it completely from my hair, no tangling, no greasy residue. I allowed my hair to dry naturally on a 90 degree humid day and no frizz. Just silky, shiny, soft hair. I did not use conditioner, just my usual dab of pure coconut oil on the ends. Unheard of. My hair did not become greasy toward the end of the day, as some reviewers have noted. This is a fabulous product for gals with very thick, textured hair. And for $4.99 a bottle, what the heck do you really have to lose? Loveeee!

on 4/15/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have tried a few different brands of cleansing conditioners. I was pretty much convinced that it just wasnt for me. My hair was somewhat fine, oily, straight and damaged (thanks to a year of bleach) and the cleansing conditioners just werent doing what they promised. I picked up RenPure on a whim. The first time I used it I noticed that it was alot thinner and spred alot easier through my hair which meant I had to use alot less. The ingredients on the bottle are FAR better than the other brands and it actually felt like it was cleansing. All the other ones I had tried left a weird film. I do have to use a conditioner after but its totally worth it. also, for the price you get alot more product and it lasts much longer. It may not work for everyone but for me its been a miracle. After 6 months of consistent use my hair is now thicker, shinier, less oily and not breaking off at all.

on 1/25/2014 4:26:00 AM

I first bought this because I was looking for an alternative to shampoo. I enjoy dying my hair crazy colors, and anyone that does that knows that shampoo washes out dyes like Manic Panic and the like. I'm one of those people that has to wash their hair every single day, so I was having to redo my color every six days or so. Super annoying. Anyway, I found this at my handy dandy local Rite Aid for a little under ten bucks, and I figured I'd try it. I was honestly surprised when I used this. It smells fruity, yet minty, and you can feel the tingle of mint when you put it through your hair. I had no color loss whatsoever. I was able to pull off neon blue hair for two months because of this stuff. Its absolutely amazing in that regard, and no more having to choose between crazy colors or clean, washed hair. It works well on its own, or with another product. Now that I'm back to "normal" hair, I use it with head and shoulders. It doesn't seem to affect the formula. I haven't had any drying or burning. My hair feels a lot softer since I've been using it, even though its a cleansing conditioner. Price wise, I think its a great buy. Its the cheapest cleansing conditioner I've come across, being only ten bucks. The same bottle has already lasted me three months, and I use it every day. Its still almost half full. I use about two pumps at a time though, and rub it in, and then leave it on for about ten minutes. Over all, I really love this product. Even my husband uses this on his hair, because it doesn't dry his scalp out.

on 6/29/2013 4:19:00 PM

I was surprised this worked pretty well. I've tried Wen and that left my hair greasy with dry ends. I was first impressed with Renpure that the pump worked - out of 3 bottles of Wen that I tried none of the pumps worked. I washed with Renpure and my hair felt clean, and not over-stripped. When it dried the ends were somewhat dry. Well, OK, it's a *cleanser*, not a conditioner. So next time I washed with Renpure, and followed with a conditioner. Much better!

However, my hair did not look like a Pantene commercial, it wasn't picture-perfect, flat, smooth, with bouncy volume. I have yet to find anything that makes it so! So I went back to old s/c -- and EW is regular 'poo super drying!!!

I think in my case nice-looking hair just takes effort. However, I like the clean I get from Renpure much better than regular shampoos. My hair is cleaned but not stripped.

on 6/18/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Loreal Everpure and Hair One alternatively before I decided to try this. I can't compare it it Wen, but for me, I can compare it to Hair One. First of all, I have henna /indigo dyed hair so my thin locks are already somewhat dry, although much healthier than when I used to chemical dye it. The texture of Renpure is thin and twice as runny as Hair One, but that didn't really bother me so much since sometimes I have to add water to Hair One to even it out though my hair. Both Hair One and Ren felt the same while saturating it through my hair and I left it in for almost 10 minutes with a cap as I showered - so I wasn't in too big of a hurry to rinse it out. After I towel dried it, I could barley get a comb through the ends and there was quite a tangle in the middle! My hair did have a nice shine to it when it dried, but it was frizzier, drier and didn't feel near as soft as it does with Hair One. Big disappointment! Greasy feel was not an issue for sure with me (even after several days of NOT washing my hair) and had to spritz on some moisturizer spray to smooth some of the frizzies. So, in conclusion, I'd say this product is better than using harsh sulfates and other chemicals, but you'll still need a light conditioner if your hair is left feeling anyway like mine, which kind of defeats the purpose of a one step cleanser. I'll finish the bottle for sure, but afterwards, I'm going back to Hair One.

I like this product it is less expensive then Wen and I need 12 pumps do to my thick hair my hair feels so soft and less frizzy.Just make sure you leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it out really good other then that's it's a great product.

on 4/20/2013 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The key to using this "Cleansing Conditioner" is you have to apply A LOT of product into your hair each time you wash. If you don't do it right you will not be able to detangle your hair. With that being said the first 3 or 4 times I used this I loved it. My hair felt soft and shiny with lots of body. After the fifth time though I started noticing my roots were becoming very oily and hard to comb whereas the ends were getting really, really dry and stiff. I tried using a bit of the conditioner as a leave-in like it says to on the bottle but my hair only got drier and harder to style. What a bummer. I might still use this every once in a while just to change up my routine but it's not something I would repurchase.

Purchased this product on a late night whim at the drug store. I don't even know where to begin on this one. It leaves the worst feeling in your hair and totally dried mine out. Anyone want greasy straw? Yeah didnt think so YUCK!