December 20, 2014 | 1593 users online

Conditioner - Mirta De Perales Balsam Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by iheart678

Mirta de Perales products are legendary in Latin America. I remember seeing the commercials/infomercials on Univision as a kid. At 34 years old, I decided to give these products an honest to goodness try by embarking on a 6 mo trial of this product plus 4 other products in hopes of helping with hair thinning and dryness and frizz.

Day 3: (of 6 mo trial of Mirta's products)

Balsam Conditioner:
Today is the first day using Balsam Conditioner. It is thick and glides on hair very nicely and smoothly. Very light, clean, fresh scent, kind of herbally. Left conditioner on for about 3 minutes. Used after using Mirta's Milk shampoo. Upon rinsing, my hair felt very moisturized. Let it airdry with no additional products and my hair is soft, especially at the roots. Although I still have plenty of fuzzy wuzzy frizz, it seemed to smooth and shine my hair just a little better than Mirta's Conditioning Rinse (also reviewed). Scent is not very noticable in my hair. Will alternate with Mirta's Conditioning Rinse, washing every other day.

See my reviews on other Mirta de Perales products. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This conditioner, though hard to find, in fantastic on my fine, oilier at roots, drier at ends hair. It contains vitamin E, avocado oil, wheat germ protein & balsam. Those who remember Revlon Flex, the texture is similar (light, airy, spreads easily) but the scent is lighter and fresher. It conditions and detangles very well without weighing my hair down or leaving it coated. Dare I say, it even gives me some body. I am not sure where in the US this can be purchased ( I have only seen the keratin line from this brand at Walmart), but you can find it online. I paid $4 plus shipping for 4 ounces and I just ordered the larger size for $8 plus shipping.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (and) Glycol Stearate (and) Ceteth-2, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Balsam Peru, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Phosphoric Acid, PEG-150 Distearate, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Protein, Avocado Oil, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow No. 5.