Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. It does have to adjust to your skin but it's fantastic. Coverage is awesome for a primer

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this at Sephora. I bought the travel size just to test it out. I was really impress how well the product sits on my face and super happy it didn't broke me out. I usually stay away from make up fearing my acne will go crazy. Even with my oily face and humid environment this bb cream stayed put and controlled my oil well. I do need to blot after couple of hours. I like the fact that it is light enough for my skin to breath but still offer enough coverage. If you're skin is more on drier side I would recommend using a very moisturising moisturiser ahead of this. It can be a bit too dry for non-oily skin. I took a lippie away since it's rather expensive and comes in limited shades. Do wish they'll expand the shades in the future.

Pros:
- didn't broke me out (YAY!!)
- very smooth texture
- controls oil well (survived the humidity of a tropical country)
- buildable
- comes in high SPF
- packaging is nice & easy to store

Cons:
- very limited shades (5 in regular size & only 2 in travel size)
- expensive for the amount you're getting
- still need to use corrector/concealer (it doesn't cover scars/spots completely)

This is a very nice product! Doesn't broke me out, glides smoothly, gives nice feeling and its not sticky at all! Recommended

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a user-friendly bb cream. You can easily use your fingers and just spread out.

This product has a matte finish.

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only slight complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It has never worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

Sephora had a travel size so I figured I would try it. My skin is pretty good so I wear it alone and sometimes I wear bare minerals over it. The coverage is good if you have good skin but their aren't a wide variety of colors and although the medium blends into my skin I had a sample of the med-tan and felt it gave me a bit more color,the medium was a tad too light. I do like the texture though and like that I can wear it alone

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Covers so well, feels Amazing, blends incredibly and is a great primer but with coverage! Wear alone or for a full coverage look with foundation or powder. Also has a beautiful matte finish which I love because I am oily proned.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This was my first ever makeup item as a young teenager and I was crazy about it. I LOVED how this bb cream felt on application. It's like a hot knife on butter!! The coverage is very light and dries to a nice matte finish. The tube packaging is very sleek and minimalistic-- however, it can get messy at the opening and lid. Nonetheless, this was my HG for most of my high school years. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it senior year as it left a terrible white cast in flash photography and senior year was basically flash photography everyday.

What a disappointment this product is. I seem to be in the small minority of people for whom it transforms skin into an oil slick within minutes. My skin is not usually all that oily. As soon as I put this onto my skin (only a small amount), it feels as though my skin is suffocating. It's a sort of 'smothered' feeling. Perhaps this is what causes my skin to freak out and start producing a crazy amount of oil? Within about one hour of having foundation on over this primer, the foundation starts to get patchy and separate. If I touch my face, I come away with greasy, makeupy fingers. Really terrible stuff, and so expensive. I had the same experience with Tarte Amazonian Clay Primer...maybe Tarte products and my skin just don't get along!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my base of choice this past summer. The shade Light worked with my summer tanned NC 35 skin and it was such a comfortable and easy base to wear. I initially looked into finding a cheaper alternative with the same first two ingredients in the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Cyclopentasiloxane and Isododecane, which was a combination that was difficult to find. I stumbled upon this BB cream from Tarte, which not only contained the initial ingredients but also felt very similar to the texture of the Hourglass primer, perhaps the Tarte is more mousse-y in consistency.

Colour wise, I think I was lucky: the shade Light is actually more of a traditional medium shade with a orange lean, which matched my tan. Coverage was in between a light to medium, more on the medium end, not buildable - it did a great job of evening my skin tone but I wouldn't rely on it for a flawless canvas. I was certain when researching this product, it does contain SPF ingredients, but for whatever reason, I can't find this info on the bottle or packaging itself; either way, I don't trust it for flash photography.

I rub in a pea size amount with fingers, focusing on the center of my face where I get the oiliest, have the biggest pores, and most redness to cover up. It does a decent job of countering all three skin issues I have that I do not use another foundation over it, just dabs of concealer where I have stubborn imperfections. I use a light dusting of powder to set and this will last me for a good 6 hours before I need to blot.

Lastly, I recommend getting the travel size of this BB cream from Sephora; in Canada, a full size is 1 oz for $43 CDN, while the travel size is 0.5 oz for $17 CDN.