Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 8/24/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was devoted to Revlon Colorstay for years, then they changed the formula.. So I continue my search for something to replace their old formula, the struggle is real, it involves a lot of buying and returning and sampling.

While I was using Estee Lauder DW, I wanted something lighter for everyday. The rep at Sephora helped me pick this out, she gave me Medium so that I could wear it when I was back from a trip to Mexico. The color is a tad to dark on me now, so I bought the travel size in Light and find that has an peachy tinge to it, so I like to mix the Light and Medium together, in short, I wish they had more color options.

In Colorstay I was a Medium Beige, In DW, Dessert Beige.

My skin: I'm 27, I am super oily, acne prone, clog prone, sensitive skin, large pores. This does not irritate my skin and has not made my hormonal chin acne worse and I have been wearing it for 6 months. I would make sure you moisturize prior to putting this on, even though I have oily skin, if I have any loose flakes I didn't notice before putting this on, this will accentuate it and then they are noticed!

The thing I like about this is I don't have to try when I'm putting it on, as long as I moisturize well I just use my fingers and blend it in, but I am trying to go for the natural look. If I try to layer it or put it on as full coverage it does not work and it looks bad so I don't use it for a glam/made up look.

I am going to try buying the Tarte 12 Hour Foundation to see how it compares to the primer.

Pros:
Controls Oil
Easy to apply
Smoothes pores
Lasts throughout my work day

Cons:
Shade selection
Can't build coverage
Accentuates dry skin flakes
Doesn't cover redness 100%

on 7/22/2015 10:04:00 AM

I'm a little confused by this hybrid product. It has the slippy silicone feel of a primer which doesn't bother me under foundation but I don't like in a standalone product. If you want any coverage to wear it alone you have to use a lot and I don't like the feeling of building up this product. Also the shade range is pretty limited if you want to wear it as a bb cream. I'm in between fair and light. If you have any sort of dry patches this will just cling to them and make them extremely noticeable.
But on to the good note, It's very good at oil control!

Edit: so I tried this as a primer under my Mac face & body foundation and it was great! Added a little bit of coverage and lasted really well throughout the day. So definitely no as a standalone be cream but makes a great primer for extra coverage
I did a side by side comparison of the bb primer compared to my too faced primed and pore less primer and while I think the too faced primer did a better job of oil control, the bb primer was comparable and did last all day as well

on 7/21/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent for hot, humid, summer days! I have very fair skin, with age related dryness, but get shinny when it's over 90 degrees. To me this is more of a primer than a moisturizer. The product comes in Fair, which is very fair, I need to add Light to get a wear alone shade in this BB cream. It's a bit pink too. I've tried blending it with other foundations and some work, some don't.

Pros:
Goes on smooth
Dries matte
Light coverage
Don't need powder
Provides Mineral Sunscreen
Tube delivery for sanitation

Cons:
Limited Colors
A little drying
Expensive

on 7/18/2015 8:52:00 PM

After reading all the good reviews, I am slightly disappointed with this bb cream. So many people have raved about how good bb creams are for the skin so I went out and bought all kinds mostly Korean bb creams and of course this and I really don't quite like them. This bb cream upon application is very very smooth, like velvet and initially I love the texture and how it looked on my skin. But less than an hour later, all my dry spots got dryer and my forehead looked really oily. Some parts of my face still looked okay though. I would say this is better than the other bb creams I have used though not a lot better. The cream slides and transfers onto my fingers and tissue. Because of all the mess on my face (oil, dirt etc), I do feel uncomfortable with it after a few hours. Still, of all the bb creams I have tried, I would say this is one of the better ones. I have dry, combination, acne-prone skin. While this didn't work perfectly for me, it might work for people with other skin types.

I loved this so much for its soft and silky texture and the coverage didnt feel heavy but it was pretty good and i have mild acne. I adored this until i realized it broke me out pretty bad:( Probably great for non acne prone skin, but i sadly had to return this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this BB cream. The texture is incredibly smooth, and when you put it on your skin it really blends in. Usually it's super obvious to me when someone has foundation on.
It's very light and doesn't have very high coverage but it's the perfect amount for me.
I don't wear it every day, but when I do, my skin feels softer and clearer at the end of the day when I take it off.
I use it on its own and I just apply it with my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I adore this. First off, I have to say that I love how Tarte is all-natural, cruelty free, and has some products that are also vegan.

I have this product in the shade "light" for my NC25 skin, and I find that it is the perfect fit.

I love using this BB cream on days where I just want a sheer and natural look - whether on a roadtrip or at the beach. I use a beautyblending sponge and it works wonderfully. I find that this BB cream gives amazing sunscreen coverage and it stays put on my face even after a swim.

What I find gimmicky is the claim that "diamond particles" are in this BB cream. I mean... what magical properties do diamond particles have? It does nothing to human skin and it sounds more like a gimmick than anything. This BB cream isn't even sparkly or shimmery, just matte and sheer.
Also, don't use this "BB cream primer" as a primer (that's probably another gimmick) and I can imagine the colours of a foundation and this product mixing together to make an uneven looking face. Just use this product as a facial sunscreen / BB cream.

This primer tended to make my foundation really cakey. Since it is tinted, some days I just wore it with some translucent powder and I was good to go. After about a week of using it my face broke out horrible. Even if it wouldn't have broke me out I would not have repurchased it.

on 6/17/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite BB/foundation product that I have ever had. I wish that it lasted a little longer but overall I really like it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wrote an earlier review of this but trashed it because it didn't feel relevant anymore. It occurred to me that over the past three or four years, Iíve tried umpteen numbers of foundation primers.

High end, low end, you name it.

Incomplete list, sort of in order of how I remember purchase order (and definitely forgetting some):

-SmashBox Photo Finish (Iconic version)
-SmashBox Photo Finish (Hydrating blue version)
-SmashBox Photo Finish (Color correcting version in green)
-Glo Minerals Primer (basically a dupe for SmashBox)
-LíOreal Magic Perfecting Base
-Laura Mercier Moisturizing Primer (if thereís more than one version, no idea which one)
-Givenchy Mister Smooth
-Revlon Healthy Skin Primer
-Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel
-Hourglass Mineral Veil
-E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer
-Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
-Dr. Jart BB Cream (not a primer per se but throwing that one in here)
-Benefitís POREFessional
-TheBalm Time Balm
-Too Faced Primed and Poreless
-NYX Pore Filler
-Revlon Photoready Prime and Anti-Shine Balm
-Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer 002
-MAC moisturizing primer (not sure of official name ó sampled only)
-Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer (THIS STUFF!)

If thatís not a lot of primers, I donít know what is!

In any case, I feel like I have a pretty good sense of the options out there. My skin type is basically pretty normal (not perfect, but itís neither especially dry nor oily and I donít have combination skin either). It has a tendency to become dehydrated (which I've found is best tackled with moisturizer and not say, a moisturizing primer) and I have a pinch of rosacea, but that doesnít really affect me in any significant way other than I have pink-undertones.

Foundation primers are kind of a weird product category for me because theyíre basically not at all essential on one level, and yet I donít really feel properly put together without one (not super fussy in general though). Also, most of them donít really do all that much, but they do enough that apparently I see the value in using one, while not being utterly thrilled with any one particular one.

I still donít have a holy grail in this category, but the Tarte BB Tinted Primer is about the best Iíve used at this point and may yet achieve that status. Iíve been using it for about two or three weeks now and am pretty delighted with it. It promises to do a lot and it actually fulfills those promises...for me.

PROS:

-Provides light tinted coverage (the BB cream part) and for many people, it's enough coverage, although I prefer to use it under foundation.
-Mattifying (good for countering the shine of my high-SPF sunscreen)
-Blurs imperfections and pores.
-Has built-in 30 SPF, although itís highly unlikely that you'll use enough product to go without a standalone sunscreen ó itís just extra insurance.
-Makes my skin feel soft and smooth.
-Seems to extend the longevity of my makeup, although this is always the hardest thing to evaluate objectively.
-Bulletproof to apply (just need a pea-sized dollop and it's easily applied by hand) and an all-around pleasure to use.
-Mutes (but doesnít altogether diminish) the natural pink-tones in my skin.
-Works great under all of the foundations Iíve tried so far.

Cons:

-There are only five shades. However, it's a fairly translucent product so I don't know how much of an issue that is, especially for people with fairer or darker skin than mine (I'm definitely on the very fair side and the lightest shade works well for me).
-It does a lot of things well (especially for my skin type) but may not do certain things *well enough* for skin types that need more of...something...from their primer.

Highly recommend at least trying a sample (it's carried at Sephora and they can make one for you if you ask). That's how I ended up loving it and purchasing a full-sized version.

FYI, I came across it in the first place by plugging in the ingredients for Hourglass Mineral Veil into Google to see if it would come up with a dupe. This isn't a dupe, strictly-speaking, but they do have similar ingredients. I like this stuff MUCH better and it's also a better value, ounce-for-ounce. Not cheap though.