July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this!! It is a sunscreen moisturizer and cover up in one! Such a time saver :) I am a devout SPF user; I always hated having to wait 15 min before applying my foundation. This feels like silk going on. It lasts all day, even lasted through a shower yet looks light and natural.

The result is a one step process that helps me achieve a natural look. It blends better than my Bare Essentials mineral foundation, which I used for 10 years.

It blends so well and I don't even feel it on my skin :). I've been looking for a cover up to even out my skin w/o looking like makeup. I just wanted to cover old acne scars on my jawline, while lightly evening out the rest of my skin. This does that perfectly.

Also love that it is paraben free, and free of bismuth-oxychloride (lead found in most foundations, including mineral)
I was skeptical at first because I can't stand the feel, or look of liquid foundations and they break me out.

I will update this if it causes any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't as talked about as some of their other products but it is quite nice. Its not quite my favorite bb cream just because it clings to the dry patches some times, their isn't a wide variety of shade selections and it can be hard to blend out without a makeup sponge or a face brush, Overall its a good product but I would go for the NYX bb cream or the Tarte amazonian clay bb cream. I would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sophiamcvay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product... Great staying power... I have to use a moisturizer under it but I have dry skin... The only bad thing is the price :/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by aquariusrizing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. Got a sample in some other tarte products, and fell in love w/the texture- I am very tan right now, and just ordered both the medium and tan, with brushes, which are on special at qvc right now. I did set it with a little light mineral powder (not much!) but I think I've found my foundation for the summer, and hopefully beyond. It is very light weight, but I went back over a couple of 'those' places on my face, with my fingers, and it held through two nights of all out dancing and being up all night. I have combo skin, sensitive, and love the way this wears- I'm not sure about the 12 hour claim, but can attest to the durability of this during high humidity, high temps., and vigorous exercise. Bravo, tarte.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Tashi09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't give this much of a review because there isn't a shade that works for me -- and I'm just a fairly ordinary NC20. There needs to be a shade between Fair (quite fair) and Light (too intense; pinky orange). I got generous samples of both, but neither one works. Tarte products always intrigue me, but I can never find the right shade in this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by callyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product, but it did absolutely nothing for me. In fact it gave me probably the worst breakout I've ever experienced. I wore it as a primer under my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have some acne scarring as well as some redness on my face. When first applied and combined with the foundation, my skin looked absolutely flawless. However, only a few hours later, my face was like an oil slick. About two weeks into using this product my skin started breaking out everywhere, which is very unusual for me. I discontinued using it and returned it to Sephora. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal. On reflection, maybe it was too heavy for my skin as I was wearing it under full coverage foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Monicapli

I keep coming back to this product because it works so well with my skin. Im oily in my t zone and dry in the cheeks. Ive got black heads and a few acne scars. To apply, I use my fingers to blend, concentrating most of the product around my t zone and blending out using less on my cheeks. It evens out my skin tone and texture without feeling heavy and erases my pores. I do have to put concealer on my under eye circles and severe blemishes, otherwise I would wear this product by its self. I only wish it came in a pump because I get it all over the cap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

Just being honest here, but this is by far the worst face makeup I have ever used! I had really high hopes for this, because it supposedly provides coverage + SPF 30 + natural safe ingredients + lightweight + does not make face look oily. A lot of reviews out there claim it's awesome for daily wear and what-not. This sounded like the perfect product, until I used a sample and looked + felt TERRIBLE.

I have combination skin, and it's easy for me to end up with a really shiny nose and forehead. When I first put this tinted treatment on, my face looked matte and stayed matte for about four hours. I was very impressed, because my face had absolute zero shine. Plus, the coverage was actually really good! BUT after four hours, my face felt SUPER dry and uncomfortable. My face NEVER felt dry in the past, it's only oily. I looked in the mirror, and my face was like a huge grease ball. FEELING REALLY DRY AND LOOKING REALLY OILY. HORRIBLE. I washed it off right away, because my face really couldn't stand it. Also, I really dislike face makeup with little sparkle/glitter particles that can be seen with the bare eye. This product does contain small shining particles, because after I used my fingers to apply it, they were covered in glitter!

I got this in the light shade and it was a little on the pink side, but that's not a huge problem compared to the aforementioned turn-offs.

All in all, I personally won't recommend this product to anyone, because it will seriously dry out your skin. Since I have oily skin and it just made it worse, I don't see how this can work on dry skin either. Maybe it works for normal skin? Not sure...But, there does seem to be a lot of positive reviews, so check out what some others say. Anyways, this is solely my own opinion, and we all have differing skin affected by various other factors.

Summary:

Pros: Good coverage, SPF 30, natural ingredients

Cons: Dries out skin WAY TOO MUCH (and enhanced oil patches), cannot find perfect shade, there are sparkles/glitter in the product, not very long-lasting

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Bad Bad bad for my dehydrated/oily acne prone skin
Ing list is short and cant see what irritated my skin so much (maybe the stearic acid?)
I found it to be dry/caky and sat on top of my skin
Also by end of the first day I had tons of blackheads on my t-zone...returned asap!