Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this! I get very chapped lips when the temperatures start to drop during the winter. The low humidity, in addition to the gusty winds, definitely wreak havoc on my poor, dry lips. I buy at least 3 of these bad babies--I keep one at home, one inside my coat pocket, and one at my work cubicle. It does its job at moisturizing, it's so inexpensive and plus the packaging is so cute. I can't live without my Baby Lip's!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased 05 quenched (light blue tube with pink lettering on the lid)
PROS
Looks very nice upon initial application
Has and SPF of 20

CONS
Can sometimes feel a bit greasy
It has this weird taste, like soap
Dries lips out over time
Have to constantly reapply
Kind of expensive for a lip balm

Probably wouldn’t repurchase, mainly because of the weird taste

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've tried to like this but I don't. It doesn't live up to the claims that it hydrates. I have dry lips and this didn't help at all. It has a very thin texture and its slippery when I rube my lips together. Also it dries very quickly I have to reapply every 10 minuets. Oh and the smell is gross. I just don't like it. I think for the $3 to $4 price point there are way better quality lip balms out there. Yes the packaging is cute but if it doesn't work then its just not worth it. I'm a fan of Maybelline but I just didn't like this product. I like others from the Baby Lips collection of the more colorful ones. But these are a very hit or miss product. I would not recommend this shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this product for at least 6 months. I will start with the pros and cons, then give my overall review.

Pros: Nice, fun packaging. Lightweight formula. Moisturizes my lips very well. Good price for amount of product.

Cons: Doesn't last very long.

Overall Review: I bought this because I saw many positive results, and I couldn't find the lip balm that I was using and lost. This is a nice, basic lip balm. Doesn't do anything overly exciting but moisturize your lips. This one is the clear formula. The price is slightly elevated due to the Maybelline brand, but it won't break the bank. I usually grab for lip gloss before lip balm, however, this is a product that I always keep on hand for when i don't want to wear any lipcolor at the moment.

Would I recommend? Yes.

Having a lip balm fetish, i thought I'd give this a try. The texture is smooth and feels light on my lips, however it isn't too hydrating and i do have to re apply frequently. However, as a normal everyday lip balm, it isn't too bad (if you don't mind re applying) It smells good, packaging is cute, but I'd rather use the tinted versions for their color and use another balm to keep my lips from drying.

I wanted a lip balm with sunscreen so I picked this up after seeing good reviews about it.With some balms,they make my lips dry and flakey but this did not.It moisturized and went on smoothly, no stickiness and has SPF 20 in it. I took one lippie off for one negative, it tastes like sunscreen.That's a big bummer but I do like this overall.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I wasn't a huge fan of most of the colored Baby Lips but I picked up the colorless "Quenched" today while in the checkout at Target because I thought the packaging was cute and had a decent amount of SPF. The texture of this felt much better than the Baby Lips that I had tried before (Cherry Me, Peach Kiss) and the smell was much more tolerable (just a subtle, fruity sweet smell). I've tried dozens of lip balms before (Carmex, Fresh (Sugar), Nivea, Aquaphor, etc.) and I liked that this texture wasn't runny, goopy. slimy or sticky. I'd repurchase if I ran out!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love it. Love that it has SPF 20. Love the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Since the Baby Lips line came out I've been wanting to try them out because the ads raved about how it would hydrate and soften your lips up to 82% and being that I'm obsessed with lip balms I felt the need to purchase this product but I wasn't very happy with it. Maybelline claims that it lasts 8 hours, it doesn't. When I apply this product on my lips and if i rub my lips together i feel that the product rubs off rather than moisturizes (if that makes any sense). I feel that this product is more oily than moisturizing and it doesn't really hydrate my lips. Yes its good to calm chapped lips because its oily based but it doesn't moisturize them. The only thing that I like is that its glossy but I'm just overall dissapointed because of how the ads claimed that they were a messiah for our chapped lips, I could've just slathered my lips in cooking oil and it'd be the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Feels like I paid 5 dollars for a stick of Vaseline.

Popular Lip Treatments