Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour

3.0

on 4/22/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product and am so surprised I am considering a drug store product to be one of my holy grails!
Its got medium to thick consistencey but thin enough to run a little.
Smell is just like any other foundation.
The coverage is definitely a medium and with 2 application you could almost consider it a full but i would still recommend using a concealer with it.
One it has dried it really does stay on your face - ZERO transferability. Doesn't settle in lines, doesn't crack or bleed off. I am constantly touching my face and it doesn't ever rub off.
My only con would be it wasn't full coverage but thats just because i prefer full coverage foundations.
It lasts for absolutely ages!
It works well in winter and even in summer heat it doesn't melt off.
So if you are going out to the beach or something like swimming you can wear this and not be worried about it coming off.
Really happy with this product and I would buy again.
Would recommend for oily skins especially I think it could handle oil well, as for dry skins be wary of it sticking to patches, apart from that very happy.

on 4/22/2015 8:18:00 AM

Absolutely love this foundation, I was a Covergirl lover for a really long time and I just decided lately in the past few months to venture out of my comfort zone, I tried a 24 hour foundation from Rimmel before this, and I just felt like it melts right off and it leaves a really dewy finish but it dried the crap out of my skin, so I purchased this about a week ago, and I am in love..I love the way it applies (I do use my fingers) and it lasts all day, and yes I know its bad but I sleep with it on and when I wake up its still perfect haha. I will definitely be repurchasing..but I did find that Classic Ivory is a lot darker than a Classic Ivory from Covergirl collection. Which is fine because summer is approaching and it will match in no time because its not that much darker I just have to do a lot more blending into my neck is all. I love love love this! and I am kind of upset that Ive been missing out for so long!

Not for me - I tried a sample of Nude (21) and although it looked too peach or pink in the tube it actually looked okay on my skin. But it was very runny, provided very little coverage and the finish was unimpressive. Four hours later it seemed to have disappeared. And it brought me out in lots of spots.

on 1/21/2015 10:30:00 PM

This was my HG foundation for years until I started using the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation, a year ago. I have been using this foundation since it came out, and loved it! It gives medium coverage and it didn't break me out. It kept my foundation looking good all day, although I did look shiny in my T Zone, but with powder it is perfect. The color selection is pretty good I think, it has lots of different undertones, pink, yellow, and neutral.

This is a great foundation, but I've moved on to my new HG drugstore foundation. I had a good run with this foundation.

on 1/12/2015 2:57:00 AM

I needed a new foundation and after reviewing this product on MUA and you-tube, I tried it. It was OK for the first 3 hours then it started to oxidize. Also, was oily within a few hours.

on 1/10/2015 1:10:00 AM

Let me start by saying this. I F***ING LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Now before you all get your panties in a bunch and wonder why the hell I rated this foundation as an overall 3..hear me out.
I spend on average about $2,000-$3,000 a year on makeup. I know its pretty sad to some. But I figure that spending the money on makeup and having a healthy hobby is probably better than being a drug addict. RIGHT??
I am always trying new brands, new types of makeup and new applications. I saw this foundation at my local ULTA and had never seen it before. So I figured I would give it a shot.
For those of you who don't know, I AM PALE AS A MOTHER F****ER. So I need a pretty pale foundation. I bought this in the lightest shade they have. I think its called sand beige or something along those lines. It gave me AMAZING and I mean hands down AMAZING coverage and it did indeed stay all day. I couldn't believe how well it stayed. It didn't get shinny at all and I didn't have to do a single touch up all day. It blends very easily and you have around 30-45 seconds before it dries. That helps spread that s**t all over your face holes. It goes on easy, gives a full coverage and doesn't stick into pores or fine lines. This stuff truly is amazing. One of the best if not the best foundation I have ever used.

Now, this is where I get a bit angry. The lightest shade they offer is also too dark for my skin. They don't have a lot of shades and they don't have a warm, neutral or cool option. So you kinda have to take it for what its worth.
Seeing as I am transparent damn near I need to mix this with a much much lighter shade of another kind of foundation. Thus the 24 hour liquid doesn't last as long nor does it stay mat free. UGHHHHHHH!
#whitegirlproblems
Along with that, it doesn't have a pump on it. This can make a bit of a mess and if you are not careful you can dump too much out and waste it. Or I guess you could just put it all on your face and look God awful. The lack of shade options and the messy bottle application are what brings this score down. I would say to give it a shot tho if you find one that matches your color.
That was what I originally tried to do. However the hawk like lady at ULTA had spotted me and I had to get out of there before she tried to sell me more and more things I will never use.
Plus she always has bad breath and I cant stand talking to her.

on 12/30/2014 9:45:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite drugstore foundation.. and actually foundation in general. I LOVE it. It does not oxidize on my skin and turn orange which is the problem I have with almost every foundation. It really does stay on a whole work day... about ten hours. It has good coverage and never cakes. My other issues are the lack of color range (for some people, Im sand beige and.. no pump).. BUT If they ever stop making this I would cry. LOVE it.

Glad I picked this up on sale! I have combo skin with a tendency to break out. The coverage was wonderful and I applied it with my fingers. I also tried it with my flat top brush with equally good results. It was a bit drying--even on my combo skin. I made sure I moisturized well before and this helped. I only need a tiny bit, as too much can cake up. It last all day with no touch ups or powder needed. This morning I tried mixing a bit of my LM illuminating TM, and it was wonderful! Not as heavy and wore perfectly. I noticed that they changed the bottle to a pump, which will be nice. I am a NC20 and I purchased the Natural Beige color and it is perfect--no oxidizing, which is wonderful.

on 7/8/2014 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation when I mix it with the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. The lightest shade of this foundation at stores near me is Sand Beige which is too dark so I have to mix it with other foundations to get a good color. It gives medium coverage like it says and has a nice finish. It's great for my dry skin from accutane.

on 7/1/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Didn't like this foundation at all, tended to be extremely streaky and uneven. Also made my dry spots more pronounced and made my skin feel greasy. The color match for me was pretty good, though I didn't wear it long enough to notice any oxidizing. Will not repurchase and will most likely give away.