Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour

3.0

on 8/4/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation doesn't get enough credit! This stuff is amazing! I have tried TONS of foundations...expensive and cheap. I work 12-hour shifts, and this stuff holds up like a dream! I have normal-dry skin, and this applied with a damp sponge (I use the RT sponge) is just flawless. My makeup still looks perfect at the end of the day.

The only downside is that I hate foundations in glass bottles without a pump. However, I will definitely be repurchasing this. I highly recommend this foundation to brides as well.

on 7/15/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't know the difference between the new and old version. I only see the bottle looks different. The only had this version. I purchased it because I need a foundation with no SPF for photos. I was so happy to find a color that matches my skin almost 98% ( a tiny bit dark)
I purchased Sand Beige. it wasn't too yellow more neutral like my skin. Other foundations I've tried too yellow.
Stayed on for a very long time.
Matte finish. Covered my red dry patches (rosacea) and didn't irritate my skin.
I just wish the bottle had a pump like the new version.

on 7/2/2015 9:49:00 PM

This is a terrible foundation. The coverage is great, but the oxidization is TERRIBLE. I wore it once and by the time I came home my face was completely orange. When you first apply it it looks good, but after a good 30 minutes you end up looking like an Oompa Loompa.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because it came so highly recommended by my favorite YouTuber, after about 2 weeks of giving this a try, I absolutely hate this!

Pros: easy to blend out, isn't streaky.

Cons: I did NOT stay matte all day, about 3 hours of wear and I had a greasy mess, separated on my face terribly, lightest shade was 3 shades too dark for my porcelain skin, too pricy for the quality, oxidized within an hour, had a horrendous cluster of white heads and blackheads all over my jaw and cheeks after two days of wearing this.

I have no idea why I had such a terrible experience, I really wanted to enjoy this. I wouldn't recommend if you have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin.

on 4/22/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product and am so surprised I am considering a drug store product to be one of my holy grails!
Its got medium to thick consistencey but thin enough to run a little.
Smell is just like any other foundation.
The coverage is definitely a medium and with 2 application you could almost consider it a full but i would still recommend using a concealer with it.
One it has dried it really does stay on your face - ZERO transferability. Doesn't settle in lines, doesn't crack or bleed off. I am constantly touching my face and it doesn't ever rub off.
My only con would be it wasn't full coverage but thats just because i prefer full coverage foundations.
It lasts for absolutely ages!
It works well in winter and even in summer heat it doesn't melt off.
So if you are going out to the beach or something like swimming you can wear this and not be worried about it coming off.
Really happy with this product and I would buy again.
Would recommend for oily skins especially I think it could handle oil well, as for dry skins be wary of it sticking to patches, apart from that very happy.

on 4/22/2015 8:18:00 AM

Absolutely love this foundation, I was a Covergirl lover for a really long time and I just decided lately in the past few months to venture out of my comfort zone, I tried a 24 hour foundation from Rimmel before this, and I just felt like it melts right off and it leaves a really dewy finish but it dried the crap out of my skin, so I purchased this about a week ago, and I am in love..I love the way it applies (I do use my fingers) and it lasts all day, and yes I know its bad but I sleep with it on and when I wake up its still perfect haha. I will definitely be repurchasing..but I did find that Classic Ivory is a lot darker than a Classic Ivory from Covergirl collection. Which is fine because summer is approaching and it will match in no time because its not that much darker I just have to do a lot more blending into my neck is all. I love love love this! and I am kind of upset that Ive been missing out for so long!

Not for me - I tried a sample of Nude (21) and although it looked too peach or pink in the tube it actually looked okay on my skin. But it was very runny, provided very little coverage and the finish was unimpressive. Four hours later it seemed to have disappeared. And it brought me out in lots of spots.

on 1/21/2015 10:30:00 PM

This was my HG foundation for years until I started using the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation, a year ago. I have been using this foundation since it came out, and loved it! It gives medium coverage and it didn't break me out. It kept my foundation looking good all day, although I did look shiny in my T Zone, but with powder it is perfect. The color selection is pretty good I think, it has lots of different undertones, pink, yellow, and neutral.

This is a great foundation, but I've moved on to my new HG drugstore foundation. I had a good run with this foundation.

on 1/12/2015 2:57:00 AM

I needed a new foundation and after reviewing this product on MUA and you-tube, I tried it. It was OK for the first 3 hours then it started to oxidize. Also, was oily within a few hours.

on 1/10/2015 1:10:00 AM

Let me start by saying this. I F***ING LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Now before you all get your panties in a bunch and wonder why the hell I rated this foundation as an overall 3..hear me out.
I spend on average about $2,000-$3,000 a year on makeup. I know its pretty sad to some. But I figure that spending the money on makeup and having a healthy hobby is probably better than being a drug addict. RIGHT??
I am always trying new brands, new types of makeup and new applications. I saw this foundation at my local ULTA and had never seen it before. So I figured I would give it a shot.
For those of you who don't know, I AM PALE AS A MOTHER F****ER. So I need a pretty pale foundation. I bought this in the lightest shade they have. I think its called sand beige or something along those lines. It gave me AMAZING and I mean hands down AMAZING coverage and it did indeed stay all day. I couldn't believe how well it stayed. It didn't get shinny at all and I didn't have to do a single touch up all day. It blends very easily and you have around 30-45 seconds before it dries. That helps spread that s**t all over your face holes. It goes on easy, gives a full coverage and doesn't stick into pores or fine lines. This stuff truly is amazing. One of the best if not the best foundation I have ever used.

Now, this is where I get a bit angry. The lightest shade they offer is also too dark for my skin. They don't have a lot of shades and they don't have a warm, neutral or cool option. So you kinda have to take it for what its worth.
Seeing as I am transparent damn near I need to mix this with a much much lighter shade of another kind of foundation. Thus the 24 hour liquid doesn't last as long nor does it stay mat free. UGHHHHHHH!
#whitegirlproblems
Along with that, it doesn't have a pump on it. This can make a bit of a mess and if you are not careful you can dump too much out and waste it. Or I guess you could just put it all on your face and look God awful. The lack of shade options and the messy bottle application are what brings this score down. I would say to give it a shot tho if you find one that matches your color.
That was what I originally tried to do. However the hawk like lady at ULTA had spotted me and I had to get out of there before she tried to sell me more and more things I will never use.
Plus she always has bad breath and I cant stand talking to her.