October 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

Cleansers - E.L.F. - Mineral Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I love this! I'm very sensitive to smells and the smell of this does not bother me at all so I'm surprised by the previous reviews. I realized I had to review this stuff this morning, I was in a hurry and washed my face and forgot to put on moisturizer before I left for work. My face is soft and not tight or dry. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only thing I do not care for with this product is the scent. It isn't too bad, smells like cleanser, or maybe a detergent cleanser, it's a little different. It cleanses really well and it does make my skin feel clean and soft.
I was surprised when I received it-it is a powder cleanser. To use: wet face and pour very small amount of powder into hand ad add a drop or so of water, rub hands together and it forms suds/foam. Wash face, rinse well.
My opinion is this is a very good facial cleanser and a little goes a long way. Well worth $8.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I have a love hate relationship with ELF products. This one is on the love list! I was excited to try this and it didn't disappoint. I recently received a sample of Dermatologica,s version of this. I loved it but at $50 a pop I couldn't afford to indulge myself. ELF's dupe at $8 is pricy for them but still a steal. I really think the ELF version is an excellent product. It does not dry out my skin and works very well. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been wanting to try this product for quite a long time now since I first saw it on the ELF website, so when I last placed an order I included this, not knowing a lot about it. It is a facial cleanser, but it is different from most cleansers in the fact that it is a powder! You simply shake a small amount into your hand and mix with water to form a light paste, which you apply all over your face. I have very dry skin and was worried that this might be a bit too stripping for my skin, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't. The reason I gave this such a low score is because I cannot abide the smell - it smells very soapy, much more so than any other cleanser I've used and as such I've only been able to force myself to use it a couple of times. One associates mineral products with much more gentle ingredients so I was really surprised that this smelt so chemically. It's an innovative product, I still haven't come across any other powder cleansers on the market but for me the smell was the deal breaker.