December 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Soft & Thin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by iLoveaMarine

I wore acrylics for years and this is the only product to actually helped my nails grow and become strong.. and i only apply it about once or twice a week as a base coat under my manicure.

i recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by sugahlipz

Let me just say that for my entire life I have had incredibly thin and weak nails. If they somehow miraculously grew to a decent length almost immediately they would break off on something or become even weaker due to sucking on them or biting them. I have ALWAYS been disgraced at my mess of nails.

Enter OPI Nail Envy Strengthener. I was picking up some random supplies at a beauty shop, wandering over to the nail section to pick up a few colors and saw this. I thought, what the hell, and bought it. I have been using it for a little of a month and a half and almost IMMEDIATELY my nails were much, MUCH stronger! And had the ability to actually grow out! AND STAY THAT WAY! I mean, holy crap! That has NEVER EVER happened in my whole life! I've been so excited that I would rave about them to my mom (who has PERFECT nails might I add, they look like those individual color examples of nail polishes at stores, all real too!) and friends. Although it's not such a big deal, it was a huge thing for me. I would press on the longer grown nails and realize the difference from before: flimsy, ready to tear at any moment. To honest to goodness sturdy and healthy! I have tried many. and I do mean MANY times before to grow out and care for my nails with miserably failing results.

As silly as it sounds over such a small thing, I am so happy and excited over this product, because after many attempts before I assumed I just would be doomed to short, stubby, peeling nails. As for the peeling mentioned by other users from this product? I haven't seen any of that! Perhaps they changed the formula? In any case, I mostly just use this as a base coat then apply nail polish and on top Sally Hansen Mega Shine (I think that's what it's called, which by the way gives an AMAZING shine and protection equivalent to a great professional manicure) and using that method has brought to where I am now.. Less than a MONTH AND A HALF later. Amazing.. just amazing. I recommend this to all. If you have any problems with the peeling then I suggest simply using it as a base coat then applying your color. That should take care of any issues, I promise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried & true protein treatment to strengthen weak and/or thin nails. Be cautious of overuse, as with all protein treatments. I prefer the "original" formula and also like Amera's Natural Nail Protein treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sunnyhu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got persuaded by a beautician to buy a bottle of this a couple of years ago. I had nails which broke and peeled easily (totally runs in the family). After going through the bottle (OK, not exactly the whole bottle, because it became WAY thick, thicker than normal nail polish), I did not notice any visible changes. What really confused me too, was the instructions. Unlike OPI nail polish, this chips like crazy. However, you're only supposed to remove them once every week or something, which inevitably creates a bumpy surface. I don't mind paying for a good product, but this one is a rip-off. I now have a healthier lifestyle with a balanced diet (more protein than what I used to eat) and enough sleep. Guess what? That works WAY better than trying to improve the nail condition with a product. Think I'll simply stick to my newfound lifestyle than buying this ever again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by shammond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!! About a year ago I decide to take off my overlay nails (after wearing them for 15+ years)! Needless to say my nails were very soft, sore, thin and breaking! I used this product daily along with bi-weekly manicures (until the bottle was gone). OMG....Thank you OPI! This product worked like magic! My nails now are very strong and healthy. I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a reformed nail biter (slaps wrist) I needed help to grow my nails. They were so thin and weak, theyíd snap as soon as I managed to grow them to a neat and paintable length. Say hello to one of my beauty must-haves; Nail Envy. Iíve used the matt formula and loved
It, but it was the SOFT & THIN formula that didnít just add a protective layer to my nails; the ingredients nourish & strengthen the actual nail.

Some people may find it a chore to apply a coat of S&T every day (You remove it all once a week), but it only takes 5 minutes out of your day, itís fast drying. Iíd suggest that only nail biters & people whose nails peeled using Nail Envyís original formula will need the S&T formula. Everyone else will probably benefit more from the original or matt versions.

Once youíve grown your nails, you donít throw this into a drawer & forget about it, oh no. Day to day lifting, carrying, cooking & cleaning means that your nails will never stop needing that protective barrier. This is lovely to use as a base coat & Iíve found it to prevent any staining after I used dark polish.

S&T also makes a great topcoat. The formula doesnít affect the colour of my polish & adds a nice gleam. I went for 4/5 days chip free (I use a self powered wheelchair). For me, this is a great result.

When you first see the price youíll think itís expensive, but when you consider that itís strengthener, basecoat & topcoat in one, the price is reasonable.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the price - $16 you are getting ripped off. This product does nothing for soft and thin nails. It peels off very easily, and then has to be reapplied daily. Who has time for that? I had bought it in hopes of it mending my nails after years of wearing gels Ė but it did nothing. So needless to say I am back to wearing gel nails. Save your $.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nicolekinney

I have used this product int he past but never kept applying it daily until recently. I pick at my nails and have NEVER EVER had a free edge on my nail bed. About a month ago I found this in a drawer and decided to put it on nightly, I have nails, I mean nails like you wouldn't believe! Now they are only on 1 hand but I have never had any nails at all! I will continue to use this. I believe when I worked in a salon that it was suggested to remove the product nightly and reappy a first coat for the first 2 wks. Try that as it might help the daily peeling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ditto blackangel. I wore acrylic nails for years. My own nails were weak and brittle. I used this and it did strengthen my nails but it does peel. I had to reapply daily. It works but...it takes works.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by blackangel

I bought this to try and nurse my nails back to health after having acrylics. The upside is that yes it did strengthen my nails after a week but it peeled off on a daily basis, I had to take off the layer and re-apply every night before bedtime which is a pain in the a$$. I wont be repurchasing this 15 dollar treatment, instead i will just use it up.