Nivea Aqua Effect Moisturizing Day Cream SPF 15 for Normal Skin

4.2

on 7/17/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

A lightly textured, quickly absorbing moisturizer with the added benefit of SPF! Been using consistently for about two years, and find that it's the only day cream which truly sinks into my skin without residue. Other products tend to just sit on top of my skin and combine with my natural sebum throughout the day, leaving my face feeling gross. But this cream truly moisturizes and reduces my oil production significantly, leaving my face less shiny than normal. I apply this cream sparingly so I find that one pot will last me 6-7 months (!!!!!) which, considering its low price point (~$8 CAD), makes it worth the money. I have had no problems using this cream year-round, so winter sun protection is really easy. Only things I didn't like was the packaging and scent. Pots are very useful in using the last bits of product but this cream is so cheap that I wouldn't mind a pump or tube as traveling with this cream leaves product all over the lid, increasing exposure to contaminants/open air. The scent is very pleasant and neutral, but it is quite strong on application. It fades quickly and while I am personally not bothered by scents, those with sensitivity may find it cloying. Overall though, I really enjoy this product and don't see myself switching to other daytime facial moisturizers.

on 7/24/2014 11:45:00 PM

This is a lovely cream, it has a great texture and I love the scent.
It might be a bit heavy for hot humid days but is great for dry winter skin.
I would repurchase because I have. I used two other moisturizers between my first one running out and rebuying and I ended up rebuying because I missed it.
It's not my holy grail moisturizer (I'm sure there are some much much better expensive ones) but for the price, it's very good!

Also, I have very sensitive skin and a LOT of moisturizers make it act up, burn, irritate it...this one has never been a problem.

on 11/21/2013 11:52:00 AM

I'm not big on moisturisers, I mostly use them at night if at all, though sometimes especially during winter my skin can get really aggravated and dry. This cream absorbs pretty fast, smells nice and makes my skin look very healthy and smooth. I think it's a nice one to apply before using foundation, sparingly of course. It has a watery feeling texture and it's very cheap, absolutely worth purchasing.

on 10/5/2013 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This moisturizer feels light on my skin and leaves it feeling supple and soft!
I would recommend this product for those who have normal and combination skin!
It's great to use during (early) spring, all of autumn, and (early) winter!

It has SPF 15 which is also great to use daily (when there's no high UV rays!).
It's also very lightly scented, and goes on quite smooth!

this is the latest formula, better than the old one, light enough for normal to combo skin type, it's only $6 cdn, this is a very good product and very effective.