October 30, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Pen & Ink Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I thought that I would like this product. The tester was obviously fresh and when I applied on the back of my hand the line was a gorgeous true black line that was achieved with just one stroke, I was sold! I purchased, brought it home and shortly thereafter, I was no longer impressed. One of my fellow reviewers was lucky enough to get 5 uses before issues became apparent, I only got 2.

Upon my third use the product just didn't flow and the application was streaked and patchy. If only they could correct the issues, otherwise this product was right on; good flow (at first), bold true color, fast dry down and easy application...too bad the applicator dries out so quickly causing application to be patchy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner only seems to be impressive in the first 5 uses, if at all. Initially, I thought it was great because the "ink" just flowed from the pen and it was easy to get eyeliner onto the lash line. I liked the thicker, wider tip which is great if you know you want a thicker line and you want to get it on fast. However, soon after, it felt like the liquid inside was drying up. The "ink" was still being dispensed, but it was a lot harder to apply the product. I would have to apply it a few times to cover the patchiness. You really have to drag the felt tip harshly against the skin to get the product to apply, so I felt like in the end, it wasn't worth the hassle, nor $20. Save your money! Too bad I realized this too late and can't return it. I tried it again one last time, and it just was an epic fail. You know how you sometimes read reviews where people hate a product and they throw it in the bin? I always thought that was a bit dramatic as I've never been one to just throw things into the trash if I don't like them, but after that last time I didn't think twice about chucking it into my bathroom trash. Not good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great, dependable product! I used Stila Stay All Day for ages, but found it was starting to ball during the day, wear off on the waterline and have spotty pigment with non-black shades. This one doesn't smudge, is totally waterproof, but removes easily with soap and water. It's also easier to control- it can go on thickly or extra dark with a heavy hand. A thin, light line is more subtle and appropriate for day. Other long lasting eyeliners tend to have a thicker product applied almost like a paint, if that makes sense. This is more like pen ink as in the name. Highly recommend, hope there are more shades in the future! UPDATE: After a more rigorous trial, it ended in big disappointment! Turns out it's no match for a continuously watery eyes during a cold. It rubbed right off. No more liquid eyeliners for me, they just can't stand up to daily life.