July 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Toners - Avene - Gentle toner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by whitemartinii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have dry combination + sensitive skin and I love Avene products! I was trying to brighten my skin and made a bad mistake of buying a toner with alcohol in it. After 5-7 days of using the toner which had alcohol in it, my cheeks which were the drier parts of my face started flaking and peeling.

Desperate, I searched for a toner which was gentle enough yet works for my skin type. And I am so happy I got the Avene Gentle Toner!! After 2 days of switching over to the Avene Gentle Toner, my skin totally stopped peeling and looked more hydrated than before. It leaves your face feeling refreshed and soothed, no taut stingy feeling on the dry areas.

I'm about 3-4 weeks into the toner and will definitely buy again when I finish my bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite toner, which I always come back to. It is very gentle, feels hydrating and non-drying on the skin, and adds that lovely 'finishing touch' to my cleansing routine. Moisturiser seems easier to apply after use. Also, it smells absolutely divine. It is a little pricey for a toner, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by dusice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first toners I've tried, and I love it. Don't neglect the need to tone, ladies! It's lightly fragranced, alcohol-free and oil-free. I haven't used it enough to notice any results, but I plan to use it as a final step in the cleansing process. It isn't drying my skin like alcoholic toners tend to be, it's just great and I would definitely repurchase from Avene.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great product by Avene!! I have very oily skin and I was a bit sceptical about buying this - in fact my skin was a bit distressed when I bought it (it's acne prone and I had those odd little spots on my forehear) and I thought I might try it as I've read reviews that it actually calms your skin. And guess what: After using it for the first time, the spots were almost gone! I could not believe it! It doesn't make your skin fell try or sting (like those clinique ones, full of alcohol) and no blackheard either (I was using clinique's 3 Step a few years ago and my skin was full of them...) I use it at night usually under Avene's Eluage and it's really fantastic. In the morning I prefer wearting the matifying fluid on it's own. I would definitely re-purchase this once it's over, I don't think I can live without it anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by piscesmindfuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Avene gentle toner

My skin is dry combination and avene gentle toner is great.

1. It does not contain alcohol so skin feels moist, and cleansed. It's not drying like toners containing alcohol.

2. It has light fragrance that's soft and undisturbing.

3. I like its packaging for the gentle soft colors and the openness ad casualness of design. It feels like it is made by some secret magic recipe not yet commercialized as big brands. I like its imperfect spontaneity of design.

4. Even when I have open scars from popping pimples, this toner feels gentle on them, and it does not sting.

Cons
1. Must be shaken before use as it separates into two. It looks pretty and intriguing when it does that nonetheless and adds to its specialness.