August 20, 2014 | 1511 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this as a natural looking setting powder, that adds a bit more coverage to my liquid. It sucks as a touch-up powder because of the crappy packaing which has NO mirror and a useless sponge that packs the powder on way too thick. I apply this over my foundation using a flat top brush. The powder is not tightly packed, so it can be a little messy I have tried various shades, and have determined these go on darker than they appear in the pan, which is no big deal, but good to know. The powder is silky smooth, and isn't as matte and chalky looking as some powders (has almost a natural skinlike glow). I will probably continue to buy this as a setting powder, but if WnW updates/improves the packaging, it would be my on the go powder too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is awsome powder!!! i only use powder where i need it cuz of my dry skin, but with this i can add everywhere WITHOUT looking cakey i love it! its so thin but yet keeps my shine away it was on sale for 1.50 and im going to buy another its so great..reminds me of a translucent powder almost. yiu can even tell you have powder on:) try this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe what I've been experiencing these past couple weeks and especially what I'm about to say...I love wearing wet n wilds cover all foundation and powder. Ok there, I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest. I originally bought the liquid foundation, bought the medium shade, tried it loved it but I felt It just needed a little bit more yellow to it to be perfect. Couple days later I was reading the back of the bottle and it was light/medium, guess the hoodlums that opened most of them in store put it in the wrong spot. But that's alright because light/ med was best for me. Sooo I went and picked up the presses powder in light/med to give it a whirl and it had that little touch of yellow I needed. Gahhlee I can't believe how much I enjoy wet n wilds foundation !?

The powder it's self I feel would be best used as a setting powder because it doesn't have a ton of coverage, of coarse if there are days you don't want too much this would be great for that. It has a great smooth texture that helps it not look cakey or packed on. It's a little too smooth, just gently touching my ELF powder brush to it kicks up dust. I can totally live with that because it preforms well. I normally tend to stick with mineral makeup because it's light and my face doesn't get super shiny. I have been wearing this for a while during the summer and it's so light weight and keeps the shine away. That is amazing for me. I don't feel like it's clogging my pores at all makes an excellent base for the rest of my makeup. The packaging its fine, thin, easy to store, just a tad hard to get open sometimes. Layers great as well no cakey facey. Got mine on sell for 2.19? I believe. Winner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome powder! It's fine and soft, almost creamy I would say. Definitely not chalky like I would expect from such a cheap powder. I used Revlon CS pressed powder for years and finally started looking for something cheaper that wouldn't emphasize my fine lines. Thank goodness I found this! The color match is excellent (I use Fair), I can apply it with a brush all over to set my Coverall foundation, and I pack it on more heavily on top of concealer to set it and add a final bit of coverage. Perfect. No cakiness, no fine lines. As with all WnW compacts, it's a pain to open, and the package is somewhat small. The little applicator is decent, I use it when setting the powder on my concealer and I rarely use the included applicators. But for less than $3, this is an absolute steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through 4 compacts already and it's about time I review it.

I use a lot of powder... more than one type at once... and I'm definitely not stingy with it. After applying the recommended amount of sunscreen I need powder to tone done shine and minimize blottings through the day. My skin is oily but mattifying sunscreens have never really worked for me. They all end up creasing in my eyelids. So, I have resorted to a lightweight lotion that works well under makeup and is also slightly hydrating. My skin is oily/dehydrated.

The COVERALL pressed powder has taken the place of a powder foundation that adds a light coverage while setting my sunscreen. The coverage is impressive for a powder - it can be built up to medium without looking cakey - and the shade range is wide. Note that stores don't carry all the colors available on the website. The powder is incredibly fine for drugstore. It will set foundation without looking powdery. Because it is so fine in texture, it would work wonderfully for setting concealer on your undereyes (it's hard to get this to set in fine lines), or as a finishing powder also.

But be warned that picking up the right shade is tricky. On the pan the powder looks much lighter than it translates on the skin. I picked up Medium at first and had to switch to Fair?Light quite successfully. Paying attention to the correct undertone pink/yellow I suggest choosing a shade that would be a bit too light. It will become darker once on the skin. Or you can simply base your choice on swatches of the foundation online since the same pigments are used for each.

A general description of the undertones in each shade:
fair - porcellain
fair/light - yellow
light - pink
light/medium - neutral
medium - yellow
medium/tan - ..
tan - ..
deep tan - ..

The powder is indeed very lightweight. It is so fine that you need to be careful with your brush or it Will get messy! I simply tap the brush the surface a couple of times, then press it against the inside of the cover to distribute the powder into the brush before applying on the skin. It works quite nicely. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I see the gentle nature of the powder as a positive. The finer it is the less visible it will be on the skin.

I use the ELF Powder and Angled Blush Brush. I prefer natural bristles for blending blush and bronzer but the black synthetic bristles work better for this. I can see the amount and distribution on the brush before pressing the powder on the skin. The packaging is functional, lightweight and very thin. It doesn't have a mirror but I actually prefer it. I can use the inside of the cover to press the brush against it. It's similar to tapping off excess but without the waste.

I am very satisfied with this little product and I believe I will continue to use it for a long time. It has permanently replaced the Body Shop All in One Face Base in my daily makeup since it looks more natural and does not feel sticky. On my more oily areas I apply the Kryolan Anti Shine Powder which pairs beautifully with this. They are both very fine. Despite the the price difference I consider them in the same league.

The price is extremely affordable too. It is such a great bargain that I would gladly pay twice the price and still consider it a steal. Too bad that it is not so readily available here in Canada. I have only seen it at Walmart, but only a few stores carry it. I have taken many a trip to the suburb to pick me a few backups of this. :)

Try it.
Just keep in mind my advice on the color. It is such a soft-smooth-fine powder that it's difficult not to find a use for. The finish would work even on dry skin, and for a pressed powder the coverage is by no means low. This is one I love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Rosiethevegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's okay

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by alexdarbyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its a good powder to keep you from getting shiny throughout the day. I can put it on at 6 a.m. and not even have to think about reapplying it until at least 3 p.m. ot later. very light on your skin. flawless finish almost every time! 100% repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pressed powder does the job I want it to do; it mattifies my skin and leaves it looking shine-free. The label on the back claims "VisiBright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin," which I don't think is totally true; I don't notice any improvement in my fine lines when I use this. As for the packaging: I really wish there were some sort of mirror in this compact, because that would make this much more travel-friendly. But, it does come with a sponge that is great if you don't want to bring a brush along with you when you're traveling or if you're putting this in your purse. Decent powder, but I do think there are better pressed powders at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by HazelEyedDoll

Let me start by saying that i love powders prefer them over liquids or any other foundation. I have so many that I really need to start using them up. But anyways I love the coverall powder just started using it a lot lately and iam really starting to love it. I feel like you can't tell im even wearing powder it looks natural , does not feel heavy on my face nor does it feel super greasy like others and seems to last on your face for a the whole day. Not sure how long it would last if you're going out to a club or somewhere you might sweat a lot. But even being in the hot sun it still looks good and did not feel gross. I put at least 3 layers on but it does help my skin tone and with redness. I would deff put more than one layer. I gave the packaging four lippies only because I wish they would have added a mirror. Every girl needs a mirror in thier compact and it help. Last but not least best part is its fairly priced so I would deff check it out :). Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because it was cheap and new at the time. This is the only powder that hasn't oxidized on me. I bought it in light/medium. The coverage and lasting power is average, but I'm surprised by the fact that it is the first powder to not turn me orange.