October 31, 2014 | 1591 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm quite happy with this powder & would definitely purchase again. I have oily skin, so powder is a staple item for me, an absolute must-have. I've tried all different brands & price ranges, this one is among the top for me.

I always use a brush to apply my face powder, & I've never found a brand that comes with one instead of a pad, so it really doesn't matter to me about that. I find the powder to be very soft and fine-milled; it feels high-quality to me. For the $3 price tag, I give it a thumbs-up.

Some people point out that you get less in the pan (.26 oz.) than other brands that charge a little more. That might be true, however, this one allows me to use every last bit of it, which evens out the value in my book. With other brands I always end up throwing away the last 15-20% anyway, because as I reach the bottom of the pan at some point that last thin amount ends up breaking apart into a bunch of little pieces, resulting in an unusable mess in the compact that I have to toss out. I don't get that with this brand. It doesn't break apart so I can use every last grain of powder until the compact is literally completely empty.

I have no trouble with finding a shade to blend in on my pale, warm complexion. I also find the oil control properties to be quite good on my skin, equal to just about any other face powder that I like.

The only thing I might change in the packaging is that I do wish it had a little mirror so that I could take it along in my purse for touch ups during the day. Since it doesn't though, I just keep another brand in my purse & this at home. Not a deal breaker for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by tannegray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product a few days ago and I am surprised at how much I've been loving it! I bought it in fair/light because it seemed to be the one with the most yellowish tones instead of pink. I apply it with a big fluffy brush right after my foundation has been put on. it gives light to medium coverage but you can apply AS MUCH AS YOU WANT without it ever getting cakey. I wore this all day at school AND went to job interviews afterwards and I only had to re-apply once. so that's about 5 hours of great coverage. great on price and the packaging is simple. definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Impressive little powder! Picked this up in light/medium and it's a perfect match for me. This did not oxidize, and does not look cakey when re-applying for touch-ups. Was really effective at minimizing pores and keeping the oilies at bay. The included sponge is useless, but my fluffy face brush is perfect with this.
I'll definitely remember this one when I run out of my regular finishing powder again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

About 15 years ago I had a WnW powder that oxidized and turned my oily face very orange. I took a chance on this powder because of the good reviews. Sadly, this did oxidize some. I also use Rimmel Stay Matte and Revlon Colorstay, and those don't turn orange. It's probably best if you don't have oily skin. The applicator it comes with is very small.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by slyact

I have been obsessed and am always on the search for flawless coverage for my face. As I get older, I do gravitate towards the higher end spectrum of cosmetics, simply because I have been put off by many drugstore duds and color ranges. Revlon runs too pink and other foundations don't have the type finish I like or are long-lasting. After a couple years of really only purchasing high end foundation, I bought these on a whim when I was traveling. I am picky with foundations and choose foundations that is long lasting (as I hate to reapply and have long busy days). I am extremely picky about the color as well. I like my foundation to look natural, yet provide coverage. Since I have simplified my foundation routine, I have received tons of compliments on my skin. I have been able to limit my collection to my holy grails below

My skin type: I have dry skin in the winter and oily skin in the summer.

My coloring: Usually NC25 (can be NC30 in the summer), light-yellow Asian undertone

Foundations I use:
In the Winter---Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji , Bare Escentuals in Light, Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska
In the Summer--- Estee Lauder Double wear in Rattan, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour in Medium Sand

My Holy grail powder is Cargo Blu Ray powder in 020. I also use Nars Light Reflecting powder

My review: I use the color Light/Medium in the powder color.

**I also found a good review of this powder and swatches here:

With that said, this is such a lovely powder! The powder has a satin finish that is finely milled. I am beyond surprised by this DS gem. Medium coverage, but would work well if you have a pink foundation base and want to even out the color. It has a creamy, dense but light texture. It is not powdery. It glides over pores and gives your face a soft focus effect. Oil control lasts about 8 hours on my skin. I have been currently wearing this everyday. The other drugstore powder I have used is Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Sandstorm (the most yellow toned powder) and I find that one gives me a weird peachy cast and I am not impressed with its finish which sort of turns me muddy and powdery. The finish for this product is beautiful.

I would definitely recommend this foundation as a good travel/carry everywhere powder as well . However, it does not come with a mirror. You will also need to carry a brush with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is awsome powder!!! i only use powder where i need it cuz of my dry skin, but with this i can add everywhere WITHOUT looking cakey i love it! its so thin but yet keeps my shine away it was on sale for 1.50 and im going to buy another its so great..reminds me of a translucent powder almost. yiu can even tell you have powder on:) try this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe what I've been experiencing these past couple weeks and especially what I'm about to say...I love wearing wet n wilds cover all foundation and powder. Ok there, I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest. I originally bought the liquid foundation, bought the medium shade, tried it loved it but I felt It just needed a little bit more yellow to it to be perfect. Couple days later I was reading the back of the bottle and it was light/medium, guess the hoodlums that opened most of them in store put it in the wrong spot. But that's alright because light/ med was best for me. Sooo I went and picked up the presses powder in light/med to give it a whirl and it had that little touch of yellow I needed. Gahhlee I can't believe how much I enjoy wet n wilds foundation !?

The powder it's self I feel would be best used as a setting powder because it doesn't have a ton of coverage, of coarse if there are days you don't want too much this would be great for that. It has a great smooth texture that helps it not look cakey or packed on. It's a little too smooth, just gently touching my ELF powder brush to it kicks up dust. I can totally live with that because it preforms well. I normally tend to stick with mineral makeup because it's light and my face doesn't get super shiny. I have been wearing this for a while during the summer and it's so light weight and keeps the shine away. That is amazing for me. I don't feel like it's clogging my pores at all makes an excellent base for the rest of my makeup. The packaging its fine, thin, easy to store, just a tad hard to get open sometimes. Layers great as well no cakey facey. Got mine on sell for 2.19? I believe. Winner.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome powder! It's fine and soft, almost creamy I would say. Definitely not chalky like I would expect from such a cheap powder. I used Revlon CS pressed powder for years and finally started looking for something cheaper that wouldn't emphasize my fine lines. Thank goodness I found this! The color match is excellent (I use Fair), I can apply it with a brush all over to set my Coverall foundation, and I pack it on more heavily on top of concealer to set it and add a final bit of coverage. Perfect. No cakiness, no fine lines. As with all WnW compacts, it's a pain to open, and the package is somewhat small. The little applicator is decent, I use it when setting the powder on my concealer and I rarely use the included applicators. But for less than $3, this is an absolute steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through 4 compacts already and it's about time I review it.

I use a lot of powder... more than one type at once... and I'm definitely not stingy with it. After applying the recommended amount of sunscreen I need powder to tone done shine and minimize blottings through the day. My skin is oily but mattifying sunscreens have never really worked for me. They all end up creasing in my eyelids. So, I have resorted to a lightweight lotion that works well under makeup and is also slightly hydrating. My skin is oily/dehydrated.

The COVERALL pressed powder has taken the place of a powder foundation with a coverage that is med/light. The coverage can be built up to medium without looking cakey and the shade range is wide. Note that stores don't carry all the colors available on the website.

For a drufstore powder it is incredibly fine. It works wonderfully for setting concealer on your undereyes (It's hard to get this to set in fine lines!).

But be warned that picking up the right shade is tricky. On the pan the powder looks much lighter than it translates on the skin. I picked up Medium at first and eventually switched successfully to Fair/Light. Paying attention to the correct undertone pink/yellow I suggest choosing a shade that would be a bit too light. It will become darker once on the skin. Or you can simply base your choice on swatches of the foundation online since the same pigments are used for each.

A general description of the undertones in each shade:
fair - porcelain
fair/light - yellow
light - pink
light/medium - neutral
medium - yellow
medium/tan - ..
tan - ..
deep tan - ..

The powder is indeed very lightweight. It is so fine that you need to be careful with your brush or it Will get messy! I simply tap the brush the surface a couple of times, then press it against the inside of the cover to distribute the powder into the brush before applying on the skin. It works quite nicely. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I see the gentle nature of the powder as a positive. The finer it is the less visible it will be on the skin.

I use the ELF Powder and Angled Blush Brush. I prefer natural bristles for blending blush and bronzer but the black synthetic bristles work better for this. I can see the amount and distribution on the brush before pressing the powder on the skin. The packaging is functional, lightweight and very thin. Does not take much space in your makeup bag. It doesn't have a mirror but I actually prefer it like that. I can use the inside of the cover to press brush against and achieve a uniform distribution of the product. It's like tapping off excess without the waste of product.

I am very satisfied with this little product and I believe I will continue to use it for a long time. It has permanently replaced the Body Shop All in One Face Base in my daily makeup since it looks more natural and does not feel sticky. On my more oily areas I apply the Kryolan Anti Shine Powder which pairs beautifully with this. They are both very fine. Despite the the price difference I consider them in the same league.

The price is extremely affordable too. It is such a great bargain that I would gladly pay twice the price and still consider it a steal. Too bad that it is not so readily available here in Canada. I have only seen it at Walmart, but only a few stores carry it. I have taken many a trip to the suburb to pick me a few backups of this. :)

Try it.
Just keep in mind my advice on the color. It is such a soft-smooth-fine powder that it's difficult not to find a use for. The finish would work even on dry skin, and for a pressed powder the coverage is by no means low. This is one I love!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Rosiethevegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's okay