Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

4.1

on 2/28/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Packaging is awful but that comes with Wet N Wild territory. Great price. It did not keep my combo skin oil free, really didn't provide great coverage. I mainly used this for daily use, gym, etc. to use it up. Won't repurchase.

I am really loving this powder. I use this with the coverall cream foundation, and it sets my foundation really well. It gives me a satin finish, and I don't have to reapply it, it stays on and keeps my face looking great all day. I usually buy the rimmel stay matte powder which I also love. But it gives me more of a powdery flat look. It does keep me less oily than the coverall though. All in all I think I like this coverall better, because of the finish and the staying power.

on 2/14/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE Wet 'n' Wild products. LOVE.

This pressed powder is no exception. What I love about it the most is that it comes in different shades to suit different complexions. I have warm gold/yellow undertones in my skin and most pressed powders are far too pink for me, or they claim to be translucent but still leave my skin looking ashy and too white.

Wet N Wild carries their coverall pressed powder in shades from Fair right down to Tan. I use Medium-Tan. It works well for my skin and matches my liquid foundation, Loreal True Match in W7, Caramel Beige. It is very soft and finely milled, and just a swipe of my angled brush over the pan picks up quite a bit of color. I usually tap it on the side of the container to get rid of the excess and then just use what's left on the brush.

I mainly use this powder for the areas of my nose and upper lip that tend to get 'dewy' after I put on foundation. That is really my only use for it. But I love that the color is perfect for my skin and that it's very inexpensive.

Like most other products for ethnic women, this is impossible to get in my town. I have found that you have to be in a large city or on the outskirts of one to be able to find anything past the color 'Medium'. I have searched for Medium-Tan in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my local drugstores that carries this brand and not one of them carries this powder in the shade beyond Medium. For this reason, when I go to visit my boyfriend in the city I usually buy two packages (if I can find any-this is always sold out) or I just buy two packages online and pay a ridiculous amount for shipping. It's really kind of infuriating. But I digress.

As is typical for Wet n Wild, the packaging is awful. I swear I chip a nail every time I have to open the package. If you drop the package, count on the powder breaking and possibly the cap shattering too. However, I will sacrifice bad packaging for an inexpensive powder that works extremely well.

You really cannot beat $4.00 for pressed poweder. CVS, Walgreens and Rite-Aid also frequently have BOGO sales where you can buy a product and get the second half off or free, so that's also and advantage.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I think it's a really nice powder and the price is amazing. :) I have the color light-medium, I think. It has a nice yellow undertone, I find that a lot of drugstore powders are too pink. I'm really surprised with wet n wild's quality nowadays.

on 12/26/2014 9:06:00 AM

I have already purchased this powder twice. I am about NC30-35 in MAC and the shade "Medium" suits me perfectly. I have acne prone skin with a lot of redness on my cheeks and around the nose. In summers, it does a good job of lightly covering the redness so it is "not in your face" but remember that this is not a powder foundation.
I use Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and it keeps it in place for about 6 hours after which I feel that my foundation begins to crease around my mouth.
For about $4 this is an absolute steal!

on 12/22/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

great price
Cheap looking packaging...sad, since it's so good.
Light to medium coverage. The color of the powder is very true to it self, meaning that if you buy a color darker by mistake, it will be noticeable it's not workable, the color you see on the compact is what you get.
It sets makeup perfectly and it helps with modorate oiliness.
It doesn't have a sent.
It's a bit messy when dabbing the brush in the powder, but nothing too bad to complain about.
8/10 <3

on 12/8/2014 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Seriously, how do they sell this gem for $3.99? Oh I know, it's in cheap packaging which we all know is 99% of the cost of a product. What did you say Wet n Wild??? You have a great product in cheap packaging and you are going to sell it to me at a rock bottom price? I'm IN!

This powder is super soft and finely milled. It's so soft that it has a tendency to break very easily. Treat it carefully or you will end up with a powdery mess all over your sink. I love this stuff. This little gem does not turn orange, it soaks up my oily mess and it never gets cakey. It just leaves a smooth finish that is never matte and dull looking.

I used this to touch up at work after lunch every day and it soaks up the oil and makes me look fresh. I hope they never stop making this diamond.

on 9/21/2014 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm quite happy with this powder & would definitely purchase again. I have oily skin, so powder is a staple item for me, an absolute must-have. I've tried all different brands & price ranges, this one is among the top for me.

I always use a brush to apply my face powder, & I've never found a brand that comes with one instead of a pad, so it really doesn't matter to me about that. I find the powder to be very soft and fine-milled; it feels high-quality to me. For the $3 price tag, I give it a thumbs-up.

Some people point out that you get less in the pan (.26 oz.) than other brands that charge a little more. That might be true, however, this one allows me to use every last bit of it, which evens out the value in my book. With other brands I always end up throwing away the last 15-20% anyway, because as I reach the bottom of the pan at some point that last thin amount ends up breaking apart into a bunch of little pieces, resulting in an unusable mess in the compact that I have to toss out. I don't get that with this brand. It doesn't break apart so I can use every last grain of powder until the compact is literally completely empty.

I have no trouble with finding a shade to blend in on my pale, warm complexion. I also find the oil control properties to be quite good on my skin, equal to just about any other face powder that I like.

The only thing I might change in the packaging is that I do wish it had a little mirror so that I could take it along in my purse for touch ups during the day. Since it doesn't though, I just keep another brand in my purse & this at home. Not a deal breaker for me.

on 9/6/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago and I am surprised at how much I've been loving it! I bought it in fair/light because it seemed to be the one with the most yellowish tones instead of pink. I apply it with a big fluffy brush right after my foundation has been put on. it gives light to medium coverage but you can apply AS MUCH AS YOU WANT without it ever getting cakey. I wore this all day at school AND went to job interviews afterwards and I only had to re-apply once. so that's about 5 hours of great coverage. great on price and the packaging is simple. definitely recommend.

on 9/6/2014 12:54:00 PM

Impressive little powder! Picked this up in light/medium and it's a perfect match for me. This did not oxidize, and does not look cakey when re-applying for touch-ups. Was really effective at minimizing pores and keeping the oilies at bay. The included sponge is useless, but my fluffy face brush is perfect with this.
I'll definitely remember this one when I run out of my regular finishing powder again!