August 22, 2014 | 1197 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Bronzing Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This self tanner is fantastic for beginners. The color is such a natural golden brown with NEUTRAL undertones so it will look great on everyone. This is great when you want a tan overnight, as the color builds up within a few hours. My tan lasted a few days, without extra moisturizing or gradual tanner used afterward. I was very happy with the color, and how easy it was to apply. You may need to rub in a few spots if you don't evenly spray it, but the spray nozzle is pretty great in that it gives a wide spray, so you won't end up with any white zebra stripes if you forget a spot. I've only used this twice, and I think I've been using too much because it seems like I may only get 3-4 uses out of the full sized bottle. However, this is still much cheaper than getting a professional spray tan. I think I'll try out the gradual tanner for in between sprays.

Overall: If you've never used a self tanner but want a quick glow for a night/weekend out, this is for you. The price will be totally worth it, but if you're really worried about it, I'd suggest buying it from a store with a good return policy, like Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jillydearest

LOVE. So the first time I bought this, it was horrible. Sprayed in big globs and I had to rub it all in. The color I got was amazing, but like I said the spraying experience was awful. Luckily I purchased it at Sephora and I could return it and exchange it for a new one. The second time it worked perfectly. I use this on my face all the time and on my body for touch-ups in between using a lotion or mousse. Color is natural and dark brown. Most natural looking self tanner I've ever used! I so highly recommend this product. But please buy somewhere you can return it just in case, because the spray nozzle may not work on all of them!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised the reviews are so low for this. I have used most self-tanners, all HE. This is by far my favorite, as it gives an incredibly natural color. I apply it at night and even like the color guide so much that I don't always wash it off in the am. Only HUGE downside is that BF cannot stand the smell, hence one lippie off. *sniff*

EDIT: I emailed the company asking for a list of ingredients, which they sent me. However, they failed to include all of the gross parabens that are listed on the bottle. Whaaaat? They just left those out? Horrible. I would've possibly sacrificed this if it was a lotion (which I don't think goes on as well), but spraying parabens on my face? No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by brencole

Okay, so I bought this product thinking it would be good as it is highly rated and expensive so I assumed that I would get what I paid for. This was not the case, the bottle is horrible, the nozzle on the bottle got clogged after about two uses and then every time I sprayed it it would either just spray little dots of tan and left all these horrible freckle looking dots on me or it would all come out at once and leave big patches of tan on my skin. The tan was so uneven, I used the St Tropez tanning mit and everything followed all of the directions and still did not even. I have had better results from fake tans that cost $6. It was the darker tanning mist in the smaller spray bottle. I got about 5 full-body applications out of the bottle before it ran out which I believe isn't much for what I paid for it. The tan was an okay colour, a brownish colour with a slight green tinge to it. It is so messy to apply. I had to put a towel on the floor and spray it on my body and it still ended up on the bottoms off my feet and all over my floor around the towel. The tan also stuck to all of my pores and faded away horribly and made my skin look patchy. I wouldn't recommend buying this fake-tanner, I'd steer clear of the spray and maybe go for the mousse or the cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Sadly, I would buy this again even though it is expensive IMO and only lasts through a few applications. The tan I get with this looks so natural and I get pretty dark. After a couple applications I turn a nice bronze color. However, the price is expensive and I went through the bottle too quickly. I wish the bottle was bigger or produced a darker application on only one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by JackHawkins37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I can pick this up in TK Max for 12 a bottle I will use it. It's not as good as fake bake original, but is a bit kinder on my sheets.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by abbrogan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was kind of new to using self tan so I thought I'd buy a expensive one
due to not wanting to be a wotsit I used it on my face and body,
its not that orange-y but it does has a kind of tint or orange if you put it on
your face so I wouldn't recommend using loads on your face!
the smell is kind of off-putting as well I must admit, but the tan is really nice
overral on your body!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sxchannel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ITS BRILLANT BUT DO NOT USE IT ON UR FACE OR U WILL GET A RASH! :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, St. Tropez, St. Tropez... my new bestes' friend. I definitely had my doubts at first - first thing that alarmed me was the term "self-tan" in the product name. Nothing good EVER comes out of a translucently pale white girl & a self-procclaimed tan in a bottle. Secondly was the price... I'm a bargain snob - I root for the cosmetic underdog, what can I say? But dood, take it from someone who has tried every effin' sunless tanner on the market: pricey, maybe, but believe me when I say this stuff's worth it.
The directions instruct to spray evenly over the whole body, give it about four hours to completely set (meanwhile get ready for the day, take a nap, whatevs), and shower off to reveal a gorgeous, healthy glow.
So I spray myself down, it dries really really quickly - which is nice, because walking around like a nude, yet very bronzed swamp monsta' for hours on end gets a little weird for the family, I'll admit. In the meantime I'm checkin' out my skin in the sunlight - the true test if it's an even sunless-tan. And I'm not gonna lie, at this point, I'm a little worried. It's a little, um, overly-colored straight out of the can, which I'm guessing is why a shower's recommended once the bronzer sets? So I'm holding out, hoping this shower will bust some shit out & save the St. Tropez name. Turns out, it did (: it looked totally natural once I showered and dried off, absolutely no streaking, no scary-dark elbows/knees, and flawless color match - which is the part that blew my mind, considering it was sort of a one-size-fits-all bronzer.
The only down side is there's a subtle chemical smell to it (not a big deal for me, but some people might not be crazy about it), and the price is on the steep side if you buy it directly - don't be afraid to check out Ebay though, usually you can find some awesome deals on that kinda stuff. And if you're worried it might not be a genuine St. Tropez product or whatever, all you have to do is contact the Ebay company - they'll refund you, 100%.

St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Spray = ego boost in an effin' can; definitely recommend (;

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Fake Bake the past couple of years, but it keeps coming off on my bed sheets and well..I think it was a bit too dark for me. So, I decided to use St. Tropez Bronzing Mist. It dries in seconds and I use St. Tropez's self tan mitt to rub it in. Doesn't come off on my bed sheets, gives a more natural tan than Fake Bake and doesn't have the dreaded fake tan smell - only slightly. I think Fake Bake might be for darking skin tones. I'm surprised at this stuff because I thought it might be orange, but I have fair skin and it looks like the golden colour I go in the sun!! Fantastic!