Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo

3.9

on 5/17/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Dry Shampoo worked, and the white residue would comb out no problem. It never made my hair feel sticky or anything like that, HOWEVER:

It was gone 3x as fast as any other Dry Shampoo I've ever used. I use Dry Shampoo on a fairly regular basis, and I've never run out this quickly. Either this dispenses a lot of product, or requires a lot to actually work.

That's why I won't repurchase. Other brands use less product to get the same result.

on 5/13/2015 10:35:00 AM

By far the BEST dry shampoo I've tried! To give you an idea, I have tried Rene Furterer, Oscar Blandi (both spray and powder), Dove, Tresemme, Herbal Essences, Batiste, and a few that I can't recall. The price alone is a plus - but this actually, ACTUALLY cleans my hair and leaves me feeling fresh! I've only seen it sold at my local Duane Reade, and I've already gone through several bottles of it that I keep at work for a mid-day pick-up. I guess the only con is that I go through it quickly, but because it is so moderately priced, I really don't mind having to keep buying it!

on 4/19/2015 12:41:00 PM

My least favorite of all the dry shampoos I've tried. The packaging broke half way thru the bottle too :(

on 4/11/2015 8:38:00 PM

I don't use this too often but when I do I'm happy with the results.
My scalp is pretty dry as it is so I don't really need any oil control but I use this when I need to get a bit of volume.
Pretty decent smell too.
And the price is pretty great.

on 4/11/2015 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I stumbled upon this at Walgreens & went back & bought the last 2 cans they had. This is the best dry shampoo I have ever used! Great for when you flat iron ur hair to keep it from getting wavy. This smells good like citrus & doesn't leave white marks if I'm wearing a black shirt. I spray it into my hair then I use the cool setting on my hair dryer & blow it dry (if I'm skipping a shampoo my hair is usually slightly damp from sweating during sleeping), then I spray in a heat protectant & go on my Merry way flat ironing my hair. I cannot live without this!! HG!! The packaging is functional the sprayer hasn't clogged & the writing on it reminds me of Midge & Madge under the bonnet dryers at the salon getting their weekly shampoo set lol or AquaNet (lol). I was told this stuff has been around forever. Best dry shampoo replaced my Batiste as my dry shampoo of choice. It's just not available at many places around here I got lucky at that particular walgreens. Yes try blowing some w the hair dryer & u will have better results big time. But I do that w all my dry shampoos. Your hair will go from wilted to blooming once they u blow it dry (no heat, heat tends to defeat the purpose some odd reason. I've tried both ways), then attack it w a heat spray & a flat iron ur dirty hair transformed into sleek straight hair! U could also put a diffuser attachment on & schrunch ur hair into curls w a curling product (gel/mousse). Finish either style with hair spray I swear this stuff is a miracle!!

on 3/12/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this dry shampoo. My hair gets so oily if I skip a day of washing, but this dry shampoo makes my hair so much more volumized (which I didn't expect) and takes away the greasy look while still keeping my natural shine. I bought the Dove Dry Shampoo which was a total bust compared to this one. Love this product

on 2/25/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically wash my hair every day and it's even more aggravating to do after having spent an hour + in the morning styling it (specifically, straightening and then curling with the flat iron). Unfortunately my hair tends to get icky after 24-36 hours. Not necessarily oily per se, but it loses it's softness and sheen and kind of clumps together therefore only being wearable up in a bun.

So anyways, my ends feel pretty dry and though I use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner plus It's a 10 leave-in, the daily washings strip my hair of moisture. A catch 22 being that if I wash my hair daily it gets dry but if I don't it gets gross. Enter dry shampoo.

I figured if I could "refresh" my scalp and hair instead of washing, I could save myself the time and energy of styling therefore exposing my hair to less damage via heat styling, therefore letting my natural oils do their job. So, I did my research and decided on Batiste brand but of course Walmart/Walgreens/Publix didn't have it so I saw Pssst (S count on point? not sure) and bought it for around 5 dollars.

I was weary of the product being visible on my 6r (medium red hair) and causing a white cast as some had complained about but I didn't see it. And, as is my custom, I used this product excessively on my scalp, let it sit while I did my makeup and then lightly brushed it through but not too much so as to agitate my curls. Anyhoo, IT WAS AMAZING! I had like 3x the volume at my roots, more so than I do with hairspray or teasing, dare I even say backcombing :x
So, now I can go 3 days without a wash, which seems kind of gross to me being a former daily washer but my hair sure appreciates it. My only complaint is the smell, while inoffensive, could be better. Therefore I might try Batiste. Regardless, if you're looking for a great dry shampoo, this is a good buy :)

EDIT: one more thing, I've also started doing oil treatments, like Coconut oil or sometimes I'll do a henna gloss (henna + cone free cheapy conditioner + coconut oil) and after leaving it on for a couple hours without shampooing after (so as not to undo the treatment), there is some residue leaving my hair looking greasy. All I do to rectify that is spray this dry poo on my scalp and ouila, my ends are nourished as intended and my roots aren't slick!

on 2/16/2015 11:06:00 PM

I am not bowled over by the performance of this product. It seems to work initially, but sometime later, my hair becomes flat and lifeless, and the amount of oiliness stays the same. Sometimes, my hair gets even more oily, if you can imagine. Plus, like some other reviewer said, I am not even sure anything comes out most of the time - I swear I am spraying air onto my scalp. I do use this in between washings, at night, so the next day, my hair remains manageable. I won't be repurchasing, though.

on 10/29/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is by far, my favorite dry shampoo. The bottle looks pretty lame...it looks like shaving cream for men, but it's dry shampoo. If you like the retro look, then this bottle is perfect. It is a metal can and it's a spray. I have rather dark hair, so I've tried Batiste and Klorane. Those two tend to leave an annoying white powder on my scalp, but the Pssssst one does not! This was a pleasant surprise! With that being said, I use a little more than I would of the Psssst one than I would with the others, but it's a fairly-priced dry shampoo. By that, I mean that I feel as if I have to use a lot more product in order to de-grease my hair. It is about $5.99 and Batiste is about $7.99. Klorane is wayyyy up there on the price chart, so one bottle of Klorane would be around $20. Psssst is the cheapest and it works much better than the others, in my opinion. The scent is also very clean and pleasant...it's a neutral scent, so I'm sure a lot of people won't be bothered by it. If you have to pick a dry shampoo, pick this one.

I'm always looking for a new, great smelling dry shampoo. This brand is old-school and after trying a few prestige brands, I thought I would give this a try. Results...worked okay at first, but didn't absorb as much oil as I wanted. Like the clean scent and how it neutralized hair odor, but did not like the white residue (you really have to comb it out or the white lingers).
Pros:
-Talc-free
-Lightweight feel
-Clean scent
-No animal testing
-Great price point
-Available in a travel/trial and full size
Cons:
-So-so at oil absorbing
-Nozzle gets clogged easily
Ingredients include aluminum starch, SD-40 alcohol and butane (acts as a propellant)