Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo

3.9

on 3/12/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I can't live without this dry shampoo. My hair gets so oily if I skip a day of washing, but this dry shampoo makes my hair so much more volumized (which I didn't expect) and takes away the greasy look while still keeping my natural shine. I bought the Dove Dry Shampoo which was a total bust compared to this one. Love this product

on 2/25/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically wash my hair every day and it's even more aggravating to do after having spent an hour + in the morning styling it (specifically, straightening and then curling with the flat iron). Unfortunately my hair tends to get icky after 24-36 hours. Not necessarily oily per se, but it loses it's softness and sheen and kind of clumps together therefore only being wearable up in a bun.

So anyways, my ends feel pretty dry and though I use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner plus It's a 10 leave-in, the daily washings strip my hair of moisture. A catch 22 being that if I wash my hair daily it gets dry but if I don't it gets gross. Enter dry shampoo.

I figured if I could "refresh" my scalp and hair instead of washing, I could save myself the time and energy of styling therefore exposing my hair to less damage via heat styling, therefore letting my natural oils do their job. So, I did my research and decided on Batiste brand but of course Walmart/Walgreens/Publix didn't have it so I saw Pssst (S count on point? not sure) and bought it for around 5 dollars.

I was weary of the product being visible on my 6r (medium red hair) and causing a white cast as some had complained about but I didn't see it. And, as is my custom, I used this product excessively on my scalp, let it sit while I did my makeup and then lightly brushed it through but not too much so as to agitate my curls. Anyhoo, IT WAS AMAZING! I had like 3x the volume at my roots, more so than I do with hairspray or teasing, dare I even say backcombing :x
So, now I can go 3 days without a wash, which seems kind of gross to me being a former daily washer but my hair sure appreciates it. My only complaint is the smell, while inoffensive, could be better. Therefore I might try Batiste. Regardless, if you're looking for a great dry shampoo, this is a good buy :)

EDIT: one more thing, I've also started doing oil treatments, like Coconut oil or sometimes I'll do a henna gloss (henna + cone free cheapy conditioner + coconut oil) and after leaving it on for a couple hours without shampooing after (so as not to undo the treatment), there is some residue leaving my hair looking greasy. All I do to rectify that is spray this dry poo on my scalp and ouila, my ends are nourished as intended and my roots aren't slick!

on 2/16/2015 11:06:00 PM

I am not bowled over by the performance of this product. It seems to work initially, but sometime later, my hair becomes flat and lifeless, and the amount of oiliness stays the same. Sometimes, my hair gets even more oily, if you can imagine. Plus, like some other reviewer said, I am not even sure anything comes out most of the time - I swear I am spraying air onto my scalp. I do use this in between washings, at night, so the next day, my hair remains manageable. I won't be repurchasing, though.

on 10/29/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is by far, my favorite dry shampoo. The bottle looks pretty lame...it looks like shaving cream for men, but it's dry shampoo. If you like the retro look, then this bottle is perfect. It is a metal can and it's a spray. I have rather dark hair, so I've tried Batiste and Klorane. Those two tend to leave an annoying white powder on my scalp, but the Pssssst one does not! This was a pleasant surprise! With that being said, I use a little more than I would of the Psssst one than I would with the others, but it's a fairly-priced dry shampoo. By that, I mean that I feel as if I have to use a lot more product in order to de-grease my hair. It is about $5.99 and Batiste is about $7.99. Klorane is wayyyy up there on the price chart, so one bottle of Klorane would be around $20. Psssst is the cheapest and it works much better than the others, in my opinion. The scent is also very clean and pleasant...it's a neutral scent, so I'm sure a lot of people won't be bothered by it. If you have to pick a dry shampoo, pick this one.

I'm always looking for a new, great smelling dry shampoo. This brand is old-school and after trying a few prestige brands, I thought I would give this a try. Results...worked okay at first, but didn't absorb as much oil as I wanted. Like the clean scent and how it neutralized hair odor, but did not like the white residue (you really have to comb it out or the white lingers).
Pros:
-Talc-free
-Lightweight feel
-Clean scent
-No animal testing
-Great price point
-Available in a travel/trial and full size
Cons:
-So-so at oil absorbing
-Nozzle gets clogged easily
Ingredients include aluminum starch, SD-40 alcohol and butane (acts as a propellant)

on 8/4/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Can't stand this stuff - a friend of mine brought it along on a camping trip and it made my already fine and "needs a wash badly" looking hair look even worse.

Blargh!

on 5/29/2014 11:38:00 PM

This product really doesn't do anything to make my hair fine second day hair less oily. It's like spraying air, I don't see any change. Only good thing is that it's really cheap so I didn't lose much on it.

on 5/21/2014 5:17:00 PM

I love dry shampoos and I've tried a lot. I always have this one and it's definitely my favorite so far. My hair is super light blonde, so I never mind the white part of dry shampoos, if anything, I like it. But my friends hair is much darker and she loves this one too. It's easy to find and there's usually deals. I wash my hair about twice a week and it's past my mid back, so this helps in between washing and makes it look better when it's up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really thin and oily hair that gets greasy in 24 hours time. I tried this dry shampoo and hated it, it does nothing for your hair, smells nasty, and is wayyyy to white! On to the next.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried quite a few dry shampoos. This one is the best one I've found. It doesn't have much fragrance and I LIKE that. I have very oily hair. It is fine and straight. My hair is light brown and this doesn't change color. Love love! I've been using this for 2-3 years.