November 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Dry Shampoo - Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This is by far, my favorite dry shampoo. The bottle looks pretty lame...it looks like shaving cream for men, but it's dry shampoo. If you like the retro look, then this bottle is perfect. It is a metal can and it's a spray. I have rather dark hair, so I've tried Batiste and Klorane. Those two tend to leave an annoying white powder on my scalp, but the Pssssst one does not! This was a pleasant surprise! With that being said, I use a little more than I would of the Psssst one than I would with the others, but it's a fairly-priced dry shampoo. By that, I mean that I feel as if I have to use a lot more product in order to de-grease my hair. It is about $5.99 and Batiste is about $7.99. Klorane is wayyyy up there on the price chart, so one bottle of Klorane would be around $20. Psssst is the cheapest and it works much better than the others, in my opinion. The scent is also very clean and pleasant...it's a neutral scent, so I'm sure a lot of people won't be bothered by it. If you have to pick a dry shampoo, pick this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by musidora1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always looking for a new, great smelling dry shampoo. This brand is old-school and after trying a few prestige brands, I thought I would give this a try. Results...worked okay at first, but didn't absorb as much oil as I wanted. Like the clean scent and how it neutralized hair odor, but did not like the white residue (you really have to comb it out or the white lingers).
Pros:
-Talc-free
-Lightweight feel
-Clean scent
-No animal testing
-Great price point
-Available in a travel/trial and full size
Cons:
-So-so at oil absorbing
-Nozzle gets clogged easily
Ingredients include aluminum starch, SD-40 alcohol and butane (acts as a propellant)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can't stand this stuff - a friend of mine brought it along on a camping trip and it made my already fine and "needs a wash badly" looking hair look even worse.

Blargh!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by amk1095

This product really doesn't do anything to make my hair fine second day hair less oily. It's like spraying air, I don't see any change. Only good thing is that it's really cheap so I didn't lose much on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sjea32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love dry shampoos and I've tried a lot. I always have this one and it's definitely my favorite so far. My hair is super light blonde, so I never mind the white part of dry shampoos, if anything, I like it. But my friends hair is much darker and she loves this one too. It's easy to find and there's usually deals. I wash my hair about twice a week and it's past my mid back, so this helps in between washing and makes it look better when it's up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by katherinejanee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really thin and oily hair that gets greasy in 24 hours time. I tried this dry shampoo and hated it, it does nothing for your hair, smells nasty, and is wayyyy to white! On to the next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few dry shampoos. This one is the best one I've found. It doesn't have much fragrance and I LIKE that. I have very oily hair. It is fine and straight. My hair is light brown and this doesn't change color. Love love! I've been using this for 2-3 years.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ofw123

i use this on my second day hair, it makes my hair really clean when i first spray it on but after a few hours, my hair starts getting greasy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this totally did not work for me. i have straight fine hair that goes down to my mid-back. because my hair is fine, it gets oily pretty quickly. the longest i can go without washing my hair before it starts looking gross is maybe 26 hours; therefore, i have been diligently washing my hair every single day.. but wanted to try a dry shampoo to see if i can get by without washing should i ever be in a pinch. unfortunately, this dry shampoo failed me miserably. if anything, it actually manages to make my hair look more dirty / greasy / gross. no go, into the trash it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, it seems like I am the only one who didn't like this product hahahaha. To start with, I have to say that this is not a bad product by itself, is just that doesn´t work on my super dark hair. No matter how much I comb, it always leaves an ashey cast in my hair (I have to say that also leaves my hair slightly wet). I can see this product working wonders on blondes. For me, I prefer Klorane dry shampoo, It is more expensive but leaves no residues, no humidity on my hair and absorbs oil like a charm.