December 21, 2014 | 766 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by av8r

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You'll need the primer to get the powder to go on with any degree of smoothness, but it's still a dry chalky shadow with really artificial looking glitter. Be careful on the primer though, chunks of it flaked off the brush and lodged in my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadows are better than most other drugstore shadows I've tried.

The pigment is ground more finely than most I've tried, so it goes on smooth and stays in place well.

The colors themselves are very pretty, but they could be denser. It takes more than one application of each color for me to get the vibrancy I want.

Overall, these are the best eyeshadows I've ever tried, but they still leave room for improvement

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lforrestxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE this product! The first time I put on the primer, I was skeptical because it is a powder instead of a cream, but it went on super easy, and actually prevented creasing! If I use the main lid colour, I use it lightly and generously because it is very dark-too dark for my eyes. I don't use the grey sort of shimmer powder on my crease because the shadows in general are already shimmery enough. And to top it off, the brow powder is amazing! It wraps up the whole package. Is a definite, must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There was a sale on Revlon products at CVS--buy 1 get 1 half off each and I had a coupon...so I bought a few things from the PhotoReady line. I got this eye kit in "Graffiti" and "Impressionist"....Impression is the lighter more natural of the two, and Graffiti is more dramatic.
It comes with a primer, and 3 lid colors along with a sparkle tone for fun and glamor. The primer goes on nicely but like everything in this kit, it is too shimmery for anyone over 18. The lid color in Impressionist is a light tan-brown, and on pale skin it can bit a bit dark...but it's not sooo terrible. The darker tone for shading is pretty dark and works great as a liner as well as for shading. The lightest tone is probably one of my favorite high-lighters ever made for the eye--it's light and brings a nice bit of brightness to the brow bone *but* doesn't look too shimmery, frosty or 'old'...I really really quite like it!! The sparkle shade is a bit sparkly, as in chunky glitter particles. It probably would be nice for a glam evening but I don't think it's super-necesary unless you're going all-out Glam...the eyeshadows have enough shimmer and shine to them for it to be pretty unnecessary.

Overall, I like the colors alot! The shadows apply really easily and blend well. They look a little bit shiny going on--maybe because of the light in my makeup mirror--but in daylight they look really good--and those horrible fluorescent lights at work--my makeup looks flawless! I'm really impressed. I would wish they would tone down the whole shine factor in these products but that aside, they're simply brilliant! I actually look fresh-faced, glowy not shiny, and well rested--when I'm just simply exhausted and worn out. It's amazing what good makeup can do!lol

I'm really impressed with the quality of this line and for the price, you can't beat it. I would put this entire line up there with Kat Von D and the other HD makeup lines....plus this costs less!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst eyeshadow palettes that I have used. The glitters fall off easily and the color won't stay very long and it is cakey. I have given it to my little daughter to play with.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by lyfegoes

I didn't like this eye-shadow. It doesn't last long, it's glittery and the colors are very washed out. It took me probably 10 strokes to see any color, which was ugly anyways. Even after putting a primer on this wouldn't last even 2 hours. I would return it if it wasn't half way gone from me trying to rub the color out. Don't waste your money even wet and wild has better colors for $.99

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by B0ssLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow in 535 Pop Art. Sadly, was very disappointed. When I applied this product as directed, the end result made my eyes look dirty, and not a good dirty. It looked like I tried to cover up a black eye. The only good thing about the product is the brow bone highlighter (top shade). Their Photoready foundation is pretty good though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Avant Garde (blues and white/silver shimmer). It has a lot of shimmer and the primer is pretty but not very helpful. It does blend easily (also wipes off easy). The blues make for a very pretty wash of color which is what I was going for. I am taking lippies off because of the glitter. It's very fine, but it's all over :( I would return this if I paid any more then what I did ($10 CDN). I can't see it lasting more than a few hours (even with the "primer") but it is fun to play with. With a bit of Urban Decay "Sidecar" I achieved the look I wanted but I would only buy this again if it was on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Got this in Renaissance. I was drawn to the shimmery greyish green color but boy was I disappointed. Even with primer and a colored cream shadow this palette was extremely sheer and creased within a couple hours. By the end of the day my e/s had mostly disappeared save for the cream shadow. Not worth the price at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jcoop1887

I absolutely love this eye shadow!! I've been wearing the Watercolors one a lot, mostly the primer for everyday though as the rest of the pallet is quite purplish. The primer is my favorite, it's like an iridescent shimmer, very light in color. I use my own makeup brushes to create the actual entire look. The crease is always hard, but that's with any eye shadow really. It all has to do with how good you are with putting on makeup. And mine never fades by the end of thr day! I give this eye shadow a 9 out of 10! :)