Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle

2.9

on 5/7/2015 2:09:00 PM

I have this eyeshadow in the Bohemian palette. It includes a teal blue for the eyelid, brown for the crease and a pinky mauve for the brow bone, with gold sparkles and a flesh colored "primer" powder. I thought the teal blue was so pretty and the packaging was attractive, so I purchased it. Also the price was a tad steep for drugstore eyeshadow so I figured it had to be pretty good quality.

I am pretty neutral about this product. It is definitely not a waste of money and the shadows are much better than other drugstore ones that I've tried. However, to get the most out of the colors you will definitely need to use a high quality eye primer underneath. The "primer" that is included is honestly quite useless. I just use it as a base color on my lid and brow bone.

With my Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, the pigmentation of these colors is pretty nice. The stay on almost all night and the colors look very lovely together. However they do tend to fade a good bit overtime, so that's a bummer. Also, the gold sparkles are pretty but a total mess! You will end up looking like you have stripper glitter all over your face and chest in a matter of an hour or two. Skip the glitter and the shadows look great.

I would probably repurchase this palette just for the teal blue color alone! It is so gorgeous. However I was not blown away by these eyeshadows and for the price, I would prefer to just splurge on some Bare Minerals or Stila shadows that I know will look as good at 3am as they did when I first applied them.

on 1/17/2015 4:27:00 PM

I have used a few of these eyeshadows and overall I am highly impressed. The only thing I dislike about these type of compacts is the colour blocks are too small and you often get overlap when you are trying to rub your makeup brush in a particular colour. That is why I prefer to buy my eyeshadow in single units. However, the colours always seem to be highly pigmented and very well matched. Until I came upon this range, I had always been disappointed with the quality of brown eyeshadows I had been using from other brands. I think the current pallete I am using is called "Impressionist" and the browns are fabulous. I also love that they add a primer (which I actually use as my base colour for the whole eye area) and also sparkle for that little bit of extra drama. You can pick these up on psecial occasionally, but they usually retail in Australia for about $25 which is OK.

on 5/21/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

You'll need the primer to get the powder to go on with any degree of smoothness, but it's still a dry chalky shadow with really artificial looking glitter. Be careful on the primer though, chunks of it flaked off the brush and lodged in my eyelashes.

on 1/28/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

These eyeshadows are better than most other drugstore shadows I've tried.

The pigment is ground more finely than most I've tried, so it goes on smooth and stays in place well.

The colors themselves are very pretty, but they could be denser. It takes more than one application of each color for me to get the vibrancy I want.

Overall, these are the best eyeshadows I've ever tried, but they still leave room for improvement

on 9/11/2013 7:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! The first time I put on the primer, I was skeptical because it is a powder instead of a cream, but it went on super easy, and actually prevented creasing! If I use the main lid colour, I use it lightly and generously because it is very dark-too dark for my eyes. I don't use the grey sort of shimmer powder on my crease because the shadows in general are already shimmery enough. And to top it off, the brow powder is amazing! It wraps up the whole package. Is a definite, must have.

There was a sale on Revlon products at CVS--buy 1 get 1 half off each and I had a coupon...so I bought a few things from the PhotoReady line. I got this eye kit in "Graffiti" and "Impressionist"....Impression is the lighter more natural of the two, and Graffiti is more dramatic.
It comes with a primer, and 3 lid colors along with a sparkle tone for fun and glamor. The primer goes on nicely but like everything in this kit, it is too shimmery for anyone over 18. The lid color in Impressionist is a light tan-brown, and on pale skin it can bit a bit dark...but it's not sooo terrible. The darker tone for shading is pretty dark and works great as a liner as well as for shading. The lightest tone is probably one of my favorite high-lighters ever made for the eye--it's light and brings a nice bit of brightness to the brow bone *but* doesn't look too shimmery, frosty or 'old'...I really really quite like it!! The sparkle shade is a bit sparkly, as in chunky glitter particles. It probably would be nice for a glam evening but I don't think it's super-necesary unless you're going all-out Glam...the eyeshadows have enough shimmer and shine to them for it to be pretty unnecessary.

Overall, I like the colors alot! The shadows apply really easily and blend well. They look a little bit shiny going on--maybe because of the light in my makeup mirror--but in daylight they look really good--and those horrible fluorescent lights at work--my makeup looks flawless! I'm really impressed. I would wish they would tone down the whole shine factor in these products but that aside, they're simply brilliant! I actually look fresh-faced, glowy not shiny, and well rested--when I'm just simply exhausted and worn out. It's amazing what good makeup can do!lol

I'm really impressed with the quality of this line and for the price, you can't beat it. I would put this entire line up there with Kat Von D and the other HD makeup lines....plus this costs less!

on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the worst eyeshadow palettes that I have used. The glitters fall off easily and the color won't stay very long and it is cakey. I have given it to my little daughter to play with.

on 7/19/2013 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this eye-shadow. It doesn't last long, it's glittery and the colors are very washed out. It took me probably 10 strokes to see any color, which was ugly anyways. Even after putting a primer on this wouldn't last even 2 hours. I would return it if it wasn't half way gone from me trying to rub the color out. Don't waste your money even wet and wild has better colors for $.99

on 7/19/2013 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought the Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow in 535 Pop Art. Sadly, was very disappointed. When I applied this product as directed, the end result made my eyes look dirty, and not a good dirty. It looked like I tried to cover up a black eye. The only good thing about the product is the brow bone highlighter (top shade). Their Photoready foundation is pretty good though.

on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in Avant Garde (blues and white/silver shimmer). It has a lot of shimmer and the primer is pretty but not very helpful. It does blend easily (also wipes off easy). The blues make for a very pretty wash of color which is what I was going for. I am taking lippies off because of the glitter. It's very fine, but it's all over :( I would return this if I paid any more then what I did ($10 CDN). I can't see it lasting more than a few hours (even with the "primer") but it is fun to play with. With a bit of Urban Decay "Sidecar" I achieved the look I wanted but I would only buy this again if it was on sale.