April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - PHOTOREADY eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadows are better than most other drugstore shadows I've tried.

The pigment is ground more finely than most I've tried, so it goes on smooth and stays in place well.

The colors themselves are very pretty, but they could be denser. It takes more than one application of each color for me to get the vibrancy I want.

Overall, these are the best eyeshadows I've ever tried, but they still leave room for improvement

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lforrestxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE this product! The first time I put on the primer, I was skeptical because it is a powder instead of a cream, but it went on super easy, and actually prevented creasing! If I use the main lid colour, I use it lightly and generously because it is very dark-too dark for my eyes. I don't use the grey sort of shimmer powder on my crease because the shadows in general are already shimmery enough. And to top it off, the brow powder is amazing! It wraps up the whole package. Is a definite, must have.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst eyeshadow palettes that I have used. The glitters fall off easily and the color won't stay very long and it is cakey. I have given it to my little daughter to play with.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by lyfegoes

I didn't like this eye-shadow. It doesn't last long, it's glittery and the colors are very washed out. It took me probably 10 strokes to see any color, which was ugly anyways. Even after putting a primer on this wouldn't last even 2 hours. I would return it if it wasn't half way gone from me trying to rub the color out. Don't waste your money even wet and wild has better colors for $.99

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by B0ssLady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow in 535 Pop Art. Sadly, was very disappointed. When I applied this product as directed, the end result made my eyes look dirty, and not a good dirty. It looked like I tried to cover up a black eye. The only good thing about the product is the brow bone highlighter (top shade). Their Photoready foundation is pretty good though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Avant Garde (blues and white/silver shimmer). It has a lot of shimmer and the primer is pretty but not very helpful. It does blend easily (also wipes off easy). The blues make for a very pretty wash of color which is what I was going for. I am taking lippies off because of the glitter. It's very fine, but it's all over :( I would return this if I paid any more then what I did ($10 CDN). I can't see it lasting more than a few hours (even with the "primer") but it is fun to play with. With a bit of Urban Decay "Sidecar" I achieved the look I wanted but I would only buy this again if it was on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Got this in Renaissance. I was drawn to the shimmery greyish green color but boy was I disappointed. Even with primer and a colored cream shadow this palette was extremely sheer and creased within a couple hours. By the end of the day my e/s had mostly disappeared save for the cream shadow. Not worth the price at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jcoop1887

I absolutely love this eye shadow!! I've been wearing the Watercolors one a lot, mostly the primer for everyday though as the rest of the pallet is quite purplish. The primer is my favorite, it's like an iridescent shimmer, very light in color. I use my own makeup brushes to create the actual entire look. The crease is always hard, but that's with any eye shadow really. It all has to do with how good you are with putting on makeup. And mine never fades by the end of thr day! I give this eye shadow a 9 out of 10! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by xxSam

I have Metropolitan, Graffiti, Watercolors, and Renaissance. I love pre-made color palettes that do all the color matching work for you.

At first, I loved this product and often used it. It lasts for morning and afternoon, but by the evening, it has either faded or smudged up. I love the color palettes they have, but it especially takes effort to make the black shadow in Graffiti look good on the crease.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a huge disappointment. The style and shades in the Metropolitan set I got are simply stunning. Too bad the actual shadows suck so much. No matter what brush I used to apply, all I got was a sheer wash of color with a lot of microglitter. The sparkles were the only parts in this that seemed to stick around (pun intended). Not much pigment in the other shades whatsoever, even the darker ones-once you start to blend they just fade into nothingness. I felt like I was wiping it off the more I tried, and applying more just looked muddy and then blending that just made it worse. Strange and frusterating. I'm fairly light in skintone right now and it STILL didn't show up no matter what I did. I guess I could have tried to apply wet, but I never know if it will wreck the shadow pan and frankly, I was too frustrated to bother.

The "primer" is indeed a powder which works ok; not be my first choice by far but in a pinch it isn't too bad unless your lids are super oily as I doubt this would keep in check. Mine are on the dry side so it was ok, but once on seemed to be an iridescent cool pinkish-white shade that was not flattering on my skintone, nor did it seem to go with the rest of the warm-toned palette. This is such an attractive palette with nice descriptions of shade placement to match the eye design on the front. That is what caught my eye, along with the lovely color combos, but the one I tried was a complete failure in execution. I never have good luck with Revlon eye makeup, and this leap of faith proved nothing has changed. I'll be returning this to CVS ASAP; for the ten bucks this cost I can buy ten dollar store e/s that are ten times better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No