November 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Fragrances - Aura Cacia - Lavender 100% Pure Essential Oil CALMING

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Aura Cacia provides good-quality essential oils that are readily available to the American public. They offer a wide range of oils at reasonable prices and do an excellent job in marketing and distributing their oils. Lavendar is of good quality and has a multitude of skincare, fragrance and topical uses.

A great introduction to aromatherapy especially for the novice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lavender essential oil is not simply a fragrance but is actually a volatile oil extracted from the lavender plant itself, and contains many of its chemical constituents. It is considered to be one of the safer EO's (though it still should be patch tested by individuals who have not used it before) and is mildly antimicrobial.

There are two main ways I've used it for years: as a deodorizer and to quickly freshen up in the middle of the day and/or when away from home.

As a (boosting) deodorizer: after bathing, sprinkle a couple of drops on a wet washcloth and apply to underarms/intimate areas. After a few seconds blot area(s) and use underarm deodorizer as usual. For mammograms where deodorant and powder are not allowed, (use either clinical strength deodorizer the night before, or) apply water diluted lavender EO (in spray or on wet washcloth) to underarms, and bring along regular deodorant in purse to apply after finishing mammogram.

Freshening up can be achieved by applying water diluted lavender EO to (portable) baby wipes, Wet Ones or similar 'wipes'. The wipes can be first moistened a bit more with water from the faucet, and then sprinkled with a drop or two of lavender EO straight from the bottle, or the EO can be premixed with water in a small spray bottle, shakened first, and then liberally spritzed onto the wipe(s) before use. After use, discard wipe(s) in trash as per usual.

The above ONLY applies to lavender EO, NOT any other type/kind of essential oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Aura Cacia Lavender 100% Purse Essential Oil in Calming is my #1 favorite scent of all time, ever. I'm pretty much an expert on this oil since I use it constantly. Every day in some way I use it. From my aromatherapy steam nebulizer to just using it on a cotton pad and sticking it in my bra, this oil always makes me feel comforted and quite frankly I'm addicted to the scent.

Here's what it says on the bottle:

Ingredients: Lavendula angustifolia (lavender oil)
Origin: France/Ukraine
Aroma: Sweet/floral
Body: Toning
Mind: Balancing
Spirit: Soothing

Suggested usage:
Calming toner: 5 drops lavender, 1 tsp witch hazel
Soothing mist: 18 drops lavender, 1 oz water in mister.

Take the edge off:
Waft open bottle under nose.

I know they sell this at Whole Foods in the small .5 oz bottles for around $8 or so. I got my 2 oz large bottles on Ebay for around $10 but I got really lucky.

Aura Cacia also makes a lovely scent using Lavender oil and Orange oil for a Pillow Bedtime Scent. I would highly recommend trying this combo!

I had someone tell me today that I smell like fruity pebbles! I cannot imagine why but I was wearing lavender oil.

The only downside to this oil is that it is addictive! I simply cannot get enough. I also find that when I smell it up close I do tend to get allergies from it.

Overall this is a wonderful lavender oil that you will fall in love with!