September 2, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Volupte Sheer Candy - Sweet Fig #7

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been eyeing up YSL's Sheer Candies for a while now, and after having a good look at the shades thought I'd try out Sweet Fig (7).

IT.IS.GORGEOUS.
It has YSL's typical luxe packaging and lovely weight, and is a lip product unlike any I've previously tried. It's a lovely balm/gloss with a hint of colour - so soft and hydrating it's amazing! I suffer from super dry chapped lips, and this literally makes them feel like silk.

Sweet Fig is a gorgeous natural dark red, that when on lips (mine anyway), seems simply to enhance their natural colour - the colour is definitely perceptible, but is so gorgeous and subtle. I'm going to use this for my wedding with a natural lipliner to define the edges of my lips.

Gorgeous smell, stunning packaging, unique product - I absolutely love it and will definitely repurchase - in fact, I want to buy the Cherry (6), Papaya (2), and Grapefruit (3) as well!

UPDATE:
This product doesn't seem to be the most long wearing, and I have to reapply relatively often. I don't particularly mind, as it is more of a balm, so you don't have the frustration of constant re-application like you would with a poor lipstick. That said, I still absolutely adore it, and will most definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This product is simply gorgeous. From the packaging to the product itself, it's a lovely splurge. Sheer Fig is a beautiful dark red, without pulling any pink or purple. It's lighter in tone than Clinique's Black Honey gloss, but the same type of idea. You get a decent amount of product, and the product is a cross between gloss/balm/lipstick. It wears surprisingly well, is light in texture, and, well, to repeat- just plain gorgeous. I would repurchase.