April 20, 2014 | 949 users online

Hair - LUSH - Fair Trade Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this product last night. I'm trying to switch to a more natural means of beauty products so I thought I'd try Lush even though Fair Trade Honey shampoo still contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Cocamide Dea. My first use was this morning and I honestly can't get over how light my hair feels! I cut my hair in a pixie cut this past July so it's getting closer to my shoulders, but even though its short I've often noticed that it feels very heavy. I thought the reason was because I do have a lot of hair, but after washing my hair this morning, I'm beginning to think it might be the shampoos I was using. Fair Trade Honey has a light texture which doesn't really sud. I also used the American Cream on my ends. I'll update my review after a while using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sammie1120

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo. It gives my hair volume while keeping it soft. It also smells amazing, like honey and flowers. It lathers up decent, but i end up having to use more than i usually think for my ends. I will definitely purchase again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo broke my heart. Not for the way it performs but because of the way it smells. Other reviewers have said this smells of honey, but I can't smell it all. All I can smell is this awful earthy floral note that I think must be the geranium. I LOVE the smell of honey. It's one of my favorite scents in the world. When I first heard that Lush was releasing a honey shampoo a year ago I was SO excited. I used to use their sadly discontinued honey shower gel B Never Too Busy To Beautiful on my hair and loved the way it made my hair smell and look. I had really hoped that this would fill the space that product left in my heart. Even in the store when I first smelled it, I was disappointed, but I took it home anyway hoping it would smell more like honey in the shower. It didn't. I used it hoping it would smell more like honey in my hair. It didn't. I used it for a couple of weeks hoping I'd be able to pick up the honey note more after I used for a while. I didn't. I even stuck it in a cabinet for 6 months hoping the honey scent would get stronger with age. It didn't. Epic disappointment all around, and not just because it didn't smell the way I expected a shampoo that is mostly honey to. I think it stinks. I can't understand why Lush felt they had to add so much fragrance to a substance that already smells so awesome on its own. It stumps and saddens me.

As a shampoo this performed well enough. It claims to give your hair volume, moisture and shine, but I didn't find it performed any better than my regular shampoos. My hair isn't dry except at the ends (which I don't shampoo anyway) so I wasn't really expecting anything in the moisture department. My hair is reasonably shiny and this did no better or worse. It definitely didn't give my hair an extra body though. If I loved the smell, it does good enough job that I'd repurchase even though it's pricey, but it's not good enough to justify the expense even if I just "liked" the smell. Since I hate it, it's definitely not worth it.

I really hope someday that Lush brings back or makes new honey scented products that actually smell of honey rather than keep teasing me with "honey" products that smell more like the perfumes they add to it than the honey they contain. Honey is such an awesome natural ingredient that both does amazing things for your hair and skin AND smells nice. They've made (and discontinued :( ) products in the past that really showed off the beauty of this ingredient, so I have faith that they can do it if the put their mind to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the scent of this - it smells much better in the shower than in store; however, this shampoo doesn't work for me. I have used it for about a week and it just makes my hair feel dry. Boo :( I really wanted to like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by leprechauness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be the best shampoo I have ever used, and boy have I tried a bunch. The bottle is easy to use and the shampoo produces an excellent lather, so very, very little is needed for a thorough wash. The shampoo has a fairly strong floral scent (mainly rose and geranium), but obviously you can also smell the honey. I really disliked the scent at first, since I have never enjoyed floral perfumes, but I was happy to notice that the smell doesn't linger. Amazingly, it also only took me two or three uses to become so used to the floral aspect of the scent that it now pretty much just smells of honey to me.

I want a shampoo that washes my problematic (gets easily oily and gunky, but is somewhat sensitive) scalp thoroughly and leaves my hair voluminous and shiny, but doesn't dry out my fragile, blond and slightly wavy hair. Fair Trade Honey does it all. It gives my hair huge volume and leaves my scalp totally clean and comfortable without any irritation or dryness. It leaves absolutely no hint of any sort of gunk in my scalp nor my hair. My hair is left soft and shiny and just really natural, in a good way. I love that it doesn't have any salt (makes my hair rough) or irritating ingredients in it, such as peppermint or lemon, which worsen my eczema and make my scalp itch like crazy.

If you like a clean feel and would like your shampoo to give your hair some volume, shine, and natural softness, then I really suggest you try this! A bottle will last a long time, so definitely worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I actually just used this for about two weeks from generous sized samples that were given to be by a lovely LUSH Sales Associate. I am driving an hour and a half away to the nearest LUSH store to pick this baby up this weekend.

Smelling it out of the bottle, it's nothing amazing but it isn't the worst smelling shampoo I've ever picked up either. I just found it to be strong and a bit of a heavy smell. But once it's lathered up, it is much more pleasant and even enjoyable. I love how soft, shiny and manageable this product makes my hair.

Also, which isn't very common with LUSH shampoo, at least in my experience, this one lathers very well and you don't need to use much at all.

19.95 USD for an 8.4 ounce bottle is definitely on the more expensive side, but with the way my hair is looking and feeling after using this for only two weeks (I can only imagine the benefits with continued use!), and the smell, I definitely will be purchasing.

Edit: I am no longer using this shampoo. I have switched to Living Proof Restore which is similar in price, but I enjoy the smell more, it leave my hair a lot smoother and lathers better for being sulfate free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by SylasBelle

Over half the bottle is fair trade honey, contains absolutely no preservatives. It's so softening, and doesn't irritate my preschoolers skin. Amazing shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells of honey and the flowers the honey were made from. It had a thicker consistence which I think makes me use more then I need to. It doesn't dry out my hair at all and leaves it shinny and silky. To me there is no wow factor, so it's kinda expensive in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by 1432

The shampoo comes in the typical Lush bottles and it's brown and thick like honey. It smells like honey and flowers in the bottle but it's a weird smell, when your hair dries, it smells better. The shampoo lathers really well and you only need a small amount. For me, it made my hair softer than other shampoos and more manageable. My only con is that my hair got a little flaky afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this for cleansing my hair after I use castor oil on the roots as this really cleans out everything.
Smell is alright.
Wouldn't use it every day as it is may dry out hair and is overpriced as with all LUSH hair products.
Would recommend.