LUSH Fair Trade Honey Shampoo

3.8

Sunflower Lecithin (Lecithin) , Fairly Traded Honey , Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide DEA , Lauryl Betaine , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Beeswax Absolute , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , Citronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Eugenol , Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , Hydroxycitronellol ,

on 7/23/2015 6:39:00 AM

I tried this shampoo a couple of years ago and loved it back then. I wanted a more natural shampoo so I decided to buy this one again. I have fine blonde hair with highlights, so it can get pretty dry. If I use too much conditioner or leave in product my hair can look very greasy and limp the next day, so I try to avoid using too much products. But since my hair can get dry I really need a conditioner or a leave in product. This shampoo helps with the conditioner problem. Because it's such a gentle and nourishing shampoo, I feel like I can go without conditioner and still have soft hair. It also makes my blonde hair shine and brings out my highlights. For me this is a great shampoo, but I'm sure there are people who disagree. Not everybody has the same hair type or likes the same smells. I've read that some people think it smalles too herby, but the smell really doesn't linger. The girl at Lush even said that this shampoo is more for blondes with highlights, who don't want to weigh their hair down. So if you're like me and you have fine hair that is a bit wavy, and gets greasy after two days, then I would try this shampoo. It's a bit prices, but you can always buy the small bottle to try it out and see if you like it or not.

on 7/17/2015 10:50:00 AM

I was torn between rating 3 or 4 stars but ultimately, it did was it was supposed to do.

My hair type: I recently went through 3 hours of Japanese hair straightening to tame my curly, frizzy, course hair. Right now it's stick straight.

With Japanese straightening, it's very damaging to the hair, which is why I wanted a moisturizing shampoo. I have straightened my hair twice and used the Lush shampoo for the second time around to see if it would actually help my dry hair. I can honestly say that there is a HUGE difference - my hair is really dry but this shampoo made it will so soft and manageable after two uses. I recently switched back to my drug store shampoo (** reason why will be listed below) and my hair is still smooth.

** I switched back to my drug store shampoo after a month of use due to the same reason I deducted one star - it's honey, I get it, but it is so HARD to get through my wet hair. The best way I can describe it is that there is a lot of friction when I tried to apply the shampoo and comb it through my hair. It got to the point where I was afraid I was ripping out way more hair than healthy. I eventually started using a little bit of conditioner first before applying my shampoo in hopes of a smoother lather. However, it really did make a huge difference to my hair (which people have said felt like straw and I don't dye!) so I think I will be occasionally returning to it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I recently ran out and started using a drugstore shampoo I wanted to use up, so now I can really see the difference this LUSH shampoo made on my hair. Never was my hair so soft, shiny, and healthy. It's the most moisturizing shampoo I've ever used that doesn't weigh down my hair or cause unpleasant build-up over time.

You could probably get away with not even using a conditioner with this shampoo (if you have the right hair type), but I have an irrational fear of even trying to go without conditioner. But I do use very little conditioner with this shampoo, and I apply it mostly just to the ends. I really wish there was a matching conditioner for this product! I'd be all over that. But I have paired it both with Kevin Murphy and John Frieda conditioners to great effect.

Another bonus of this shampoo is that it does not seem to have any fading effect on my color-treated hair. This is something I had been concerned about before buying it, but my stylist is always impressed with how well my color lasts between appointments.

It smells like honey and flowers, which I love. My boyfriend loves this shampoo too, both on me and in his own hair. This is definitely an expensive product, but I am going to re-buy it ASAP because the payoff is awesome.

FYI: I only wash my hair every 3-4 days and use dry shampoo in between. If this product fades your color, or weighs you hair down, or stops working- maybe you should shampoo less!

on 2/14/2015 6:48:00 AM

I don't know how an awesome shampoo like this one can get a negative review. Never had my hair looking so beautiful and shiny. I was using trichomania before but this one is definitely better. Smells like wild honey (not the sweet fake one) and the consistency is just like syrup. I'm in love with the smell and you can see results after first use.

on 10/6/2014 6:28:00 PM

Update: I downgraded this to 2 stars because it started to dry out my hair. I wash my hair everyday, so maybe that makes a difference too. I switched to System Biolage shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is soft again, even with daily washing.

Beautiful shampoo! Smells luscious, like flowers and warm honey! Mmmmm..mmmm. :)
Makes my fine hair look full and shiny. Does not strip my color. Leaves my hair feeling super soft. I follow with Lush's Happy Happy Joy Joy conditioner, and my hair looks so shiny, bouncey and soft! Good stuff!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am always on the lookout for a product that make my hair smooth and shiny. Since I have fine-medium hair instead of thich hair, it can be tricky to find a product that will smooth me out without weighing me down. This shampoo does the trick wonderfully! I use just a quarter size dollop, and the shampoo builds up a very good lather. I usually do not shampoo my ends much, but i will use this shampoo all over my hair since it is hydrating. After using this product, my hair doesn't feel like it has been "stripped." Even under the running water, it feels soft. When using this, I can cut the amount of conditioner I normally use in half, and apply it to my ends only. Because I have long hair, I do have to blow dry in order to get the full shiny, smooth effect, but it pays off! And the smell doesn't bother me. It is a little uniquely floral/earthy, without much trace of sweetness or honey. But it also doesn't linger in your hair much afterwards, so it is isn't offensive to me. The only thing that keeps this from being my HG is the price. I will go back to Lush's Trichomania since you can customize the amount you want to buy, as opposed to the pre-bottled Fairly Traded Honey.

on 2/5/2014 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just purchased this product last night. I'm trying to switch to a more natural means of beauty products so I thought I'd try Lush even though Fair Trade Honey shampoo still contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Cocamide Dea. My first use was this morning and I honestly can't get over how light my hair feels! I cut my hair in a pixie cut this past July so it's getting closer to my shoulders, but even though its short I've often noticed that it feels very heavy. I thought the reason was because I do have a lot of hair, but after washing my hair this morning, I'm beginning to think it might be the shampoos I was using. Fair Trade Honey has a light texture which doesn't really sud. I also used the American Cream on my ends. I'll update my review after a while using it.

on 11/24/2013 7:51:00 PM

I love this shampoo. It gives my hair volume while keeping it soft. It also smells amazing, like honey and flowers. It lathers up decent, but i end up having to use more than i usually think for my ends. I will definitely purchase again

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shampoo broke my heart. Not for the way it performs but because of the way it smells. Other reviewers have said this smells of honey, but I can't smell it all. All I can smell is this awful earthy floral note that I think must be the geranium. I LOVE the smell of honey. It's one of my favorite scents in the world. When I first heard that Lush was releasing a honey shampoo a year ago I was SO excited. I used to use their sadly discontinued honey shower gel B Never Too Busy To Beautiful on my hair and loved the way it made my hair smell and look. I had really hoped that this would fill the space that product left in my heart. Even in the store when I first smelled it, I was disappointed, but I took it home anyway hoping it would smell more like honey in the shower. It didn't. I used it hoping it would smell more like honey in my hair. It didn't. I used it for a couple of weeks hoping I'd be able to pick up the honey note more after I used for a while. I didn't. I even stuck it in a cabinet for 6 months hoping the honey scent would get stronger with age. It didn't. Epic disappointment all around, and not just because it didn't smell the way I expected a shampoo that is mostly honey to. I think it stinks. I can't understand why Lush felt they had to add so much fragrance to a substance that already smells so awesome on its own. It stumps and saddens me.

As a shampoo this performed well enough. It claims to give your hair volume, moisture and shine, but I didn't find it performed any better than my regular shampoos. My hair isn't dry except at the ends (which I don't shampoo anyway) so I wasn't really expecting anything in the moisture department. My hair is reasonably shiny and this did no better or worse. It definitely didn't give my hair an extra body though. If I loved the smell, it does good enough job that I'd repurchase even though it's pricey, but it's not good enough to justify the expense even if I just "liked" the smell. Since I hate it, it's definitely not worth it.

I really hope someday that Lush brings back or makes new honey scented products that actually smell of honey rather than keep teasing me with "honey" products that smell more like the perfumes they add to it than the honey they contain. Honey is such an awesome natural ingredient that both does amazing things for your hair and skin AND smells nice. They've made (and discontinued :( ) products in the past that really showed off the beauty of this ingredient, so I have faith that they can do it if the put their mind to it.

I like the scent of this - it smells much better in the shower than in store; however, this shampoo doesn't work for me. I have used it for about a week and it just makes my hair feel dry. Boo :( I really wanted to like this product.

Popular Shampoos