SHANY Professional Brush Set 32 count

3.5

on 2/22/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought these brushes a while ago and I absolutely LOVE them! I cannot ever justify spending over 20$ on a single brush so I was really happy to find this brush set!
I've never had bristle fallout on any of the brushes and I find that they pick up pigment really nicely. Yes the bag that it comes in does smell really plasticky but I really had no need for the bag so I threw it away. The smell does not transfer to the brushes.
My only complaint would be that while there are tons of smaller brushes, some of them are pretty repetitive and It would be nice to see more face/foundation brushes added.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I got these on Amazon for about $12. You really couldn't go wrong for that price. I was looking for a decent sized fan brush and this kit definitely has that. Let me start off by saying these aren't Sigma or Mac brushes lol. But for the price they're really pretty good. The ones that I've used so far didn't shed TOO much. I had some shedding while washing but it wasn't extreme. I do agree with the other poster, there are A LOT of look alike brushes in this set. That's the reason I only gave it a 3 overall rating. If there was a better variety of brushes I'd be in love. The set I received was really soft. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the look alike brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These brushes are AWFUL. The bristles are very rough and leave streaks in my makeup. Plus the bristles fall out very easily. A lot of the eyeshadow brushes look exactly the same. There is no variety! Not buying these ever again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just got these brushes about a week ago and I actually really like these! Now, for 32 brushes you can't go wrong since I paid only $25 from Amazon.

Now I was on the fence a little because they always say you get what you pay for. But surprisingly, these are nicer than I expected. I'm not sure how to compare these with higher end name brand brush sets, but these are pretty nice for the price I paid!

The are VERY soft, and dry pretty fast (I washed them and so far no shedding and very soft still). I believe these are made with synthetic, but is not 100% sure..as they do have a animal hair feel to them (will edit when I find out). ;) I have used these with my makeup and so far they pick up color very nice.

My only complaints/Cons:

NO "ANGLED blush brush"!! Not sure why they wouldn't have included a big angled brush but they do seem to have many other makeup brush sets, so I will prob check those out and buy some more from them!

They have a HUGE fan brush and a small fan brush..but no big brush for foundation (which is ok, I use Bare minerals for basic coverage and use their brushes for that). But for liquid foundation, not sure if any of these would work for anyone. They have a TON of nice eye brushes, but mostly all of them are flat (except the 2 small blending/crease brushes-which are also nice btw).

I LOVE the leather pouch, very very nice, easy to use and store away and great to travel with. I uploaded a picture of each and every brush (and the pouch) it comes with so you can get a good detail on what you are getting before you decide to purchase. Overall I would say these are great for beginners because it comes with so many nice brushes. They dont seem cheap looking or feel cheap at all, and I have no shedding at all (so far) with the brushes. Just wish they included a contour angle blush brush and a blending brush, and maybe threw in a fluffy eyeshadow brush, but overall, still very worth the money I paid.