August 27, 2014 | 1819 users online

Fragrances - Mary Kay - thinking of you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a free MK gift and on initial smell I disliked it and it was sitting in my linen closet for 2 years. Then I gave my daughter a few perfume samples to play w and ToY was in there. I let her dab it on my wrist and thought it smelled like any other lame (to me) 'happy' flowery scent. I am an oriental girl all the way. An hour later I sniffed my wrist and by george! I smelled vanilla & light light patchouli! As the scent wore in it reminded me a lot of Burberry Brit. They are in no means identical but I fragrantica'd ToY and sure enough it's a floral oriental (same as BB) and has a warm base of vanilla and patchouli... That's what was drawing me in. The top notes you can't really detect the oriental-ness but as it wears it warms up. I am going to use it for rest of summer and on my cruise I'm going on... since my holy trinity of shalimar, angel by thierry mugler and la petite robe noir (oh i forgot samsara yes we have 3 guerlains here) are a little more fall/winter scents. If you like a light floral with some oriental base notes, this may be for you. Don't dismiss on initial application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thinking of you smells like a yummy fruit tart. It is a dainty, vanillic, cocoa floral. A very delicate, fragfile cocoa scent. I can imagine a young man on his prom date giving Thinking of You to his date to wear for the evening and from then after it being "their" scent.