Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.4

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

on 4/24/2015 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my HOLY GRAIL moisturizers! If you need a no frills moisturizer, i totally recommend this!

This helped me calm my hormonial acne and moisturize my skin without making my skin itch.

Pros
▪️ Moisturizing (for oily skin)
▪️ Calms redness and breakouts
▪️ Organic
▪️ For multi purpose (hair mask, face mask, body lotion, etc.)
▪️ Cheap

Cons
▪️ I prefer tube or pump packaging
▪️ Not moisturizing enough for other skin types
▪️ It has alchohol

I think alchohol is a good ingredient in a well formulated product and this is one of them. (Note: I often breakout of there is an alchohol but this never broke me out)

❤️❤️❤️❤️

on 4/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product for your body, but I wouldn't recommend using this on your face. I have sensitive skin and eventually, I ended up with a couple dry patches on my face. It stung when I applied more aloe vera. This is most likely due to the alcohol. However, I love the packaging and the price was very reasonable. I wouldn't buy this again as there is plenty left. The cream is soothing as it is cool applied, but not very moisturizing. I may see how well it works on sun burns in the future.

on 4/12/2015 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is awesome! I bought this after seeing so many rave reviews online. This is such an amazing multitasking product. I use this to moisturize my body and I love it as it is not sticky and dries fast. This is also great to soothe sunburn and irritated skin.

Texture & fragrance :
It is a very liquidy gel texture that is easy to spread with a refreshing aloe vera scent.

Packaging :
It comes in a huge tub that is a great value for money but not travel friendly.

Overall, this is an awesome product that is a must have for me.

on 4/8/2015 7:21:00 PM

I finished my first jar and I bought 2 more. This is great for sensitive combo skin. I use it as a moisturizer when I don't want anything thick on my face. It goes on smooth on my face and this stuff heals my acne scars. I also use it on my sunburn and it's great! This is a huge jar so it'll last. Highly recommend it!

on 2/28/2015 4:22:00 PM

I really like this product, but I've heard that there is quite a bit of alcohol content in it. That hasn't troubled me too much, so I'm not as concerned right now.

The gel comes in a big tub, but there is no spatula to remove the product. I took a lippie off of packaging due to hygienic concerns (with a container this large, you'll be using it for a while). It is multi-purpose and I have personally used it for things like soothing itchiness and moisturizing my face/hair.

I actually received mine as a gift, but I think it costs about 12 CAD in my area. That's not bad considering how much product I can get. Unless I find a better product, I'll be repurchasing.

on 1/12/2015 9:38:00 AM

I'm truly appreciate review from everyone and I'm glad that I bought it! It has been my favorite products of all!

This gel treats pimple inflammation in a sped up time. Pimples seem to get straight onto the process of going away when I apply this gel. They don't disappear at a shockingly fast rate but the process is accelerated. I feel great treating my acne-prone and sensitive skin with a mostly natural product; once applied the pain from a pimple will stop for the rest of the day. My face is much more hydrated from using it; I plan on using it with my moisturizer step for a long time. I would recommend use of any aloe vera gel, the results over time are a better complexion and hydrated skin.

on 10/20/2014 10:03:00 PM

I got this product from a friend and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what to do with a giant tub of aloe gel. Yes it has a cool sensation to it but in no way does it moisturizes it just sits on top of your skin and when you rub it in it leaves this hand sanitizer residue feel, like it's supposedly non-existence but existing. I ended using up the entire tub after I discovered that it made my clay face mask extra effective if layer it on top ( feel like I can have the firming of a clay mask while taking care of skin moisture at the same time sealing up my mask with the aloe gel.

on 8/16/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This could potentially be a good product for you provided you had realistic expectations. For me, this works well to soothe mild sunburn (gets rid of the uncomfy hot and itchy-stinging feeling) - I would not put this on severe sunburn, however, bc you really shouldn't use it on broken skin. I gave this tub away to my friend, and she uses it on top of her eyecream at night to make sure it doesn't rub off on her pillow. Seems clever.

The main reason I will not be buying this again is that the product simply does not penetrate the skin. I used this as a night pack, and when I washed my face the next morning, all of the gel came off from my face as soon as I splashed water on it. Gross. I want something nourishing that can be absorbed by my skin, not a film that sort of dries on top of the dermis. I use facial oils, and my skin looks plump and hydrated in the morning, but I can just feel skin when I wash my face - the oil is completely gone by then, absorbed.

I think a tiny dollop of this used before makeup could possibly help with pores and just give you a nice smooth, moist canvas to work on, but the alcohol content keeps me from repurchasing just to try that theory out. I want to try other, more natural aloe products for now.

on 8/12/2014 6:56:00 AM

Im so glad that I bought this - thanks Exo for advertising this :D My second bottle is on its way! I will make this short: I use this every day in the evening as a moisturizer. BUT, if you have drier skin, it might not be moisturising enough, therefore I advise adding cream moisturizer on the drier areas. My favorite thing is that it feels beautifully fresh on my face, its not greasy at all and my face can breathe. I also noticed that my blemishes are possibly healing faster when I apply this product on them. I also use it as an aftershave on my legs, sometimes on my scalp when it gets dry - and you can totally apply this there because it doesnt make you hair greasy, and I am convinced that this makes my lashes grow longer and thicker after a month of using it as a lash serum. Only downside is the packaging - after weeks of dipping my fingers in, even clean, it colects little dust particles - it is unavoidable to get it dirty. Pump bottle would be so much better.