Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.4

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love Nature Republic's Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera line, this being my favourite product in the line. I got a tub because can use it for so many things; I myself have used it as mask, moisturiser before applying make-up, on sunburns and as skincare.

I have very sensitive skin; it gets irritated/inflamed easily and I tend to scratch my skin a lot, especially on my arms and legs, but this stuff helps to cool down my skin and moisturises it quickly. It also helps reduce puffiness and redness on my face.

The only downside to this product is the packaging; there is no spatula (therefore can be very unhygienic even if cleaning your hands before) and the gel dries up very quickly on the the lid / ridges where the lid goes.

Who would hate such a wonderful product. An all around Aloe Vera gel that can moisturize both your face and body. I use it every night to soothe my tired skin. I apply it to my face and massage it in circular motion and it really helps my skin stay soft and clear. I don't always put heavy creams on my face because I know that those contain more chemicals and I prefer organic and natural solutions for my skin. Would definitely repurchase this one. It's a must have for my vanity case.

When I apply it on my face, it causes my T-shapes area oily. It's not suitable for my face. However, I will apply it on my arms and feet after sunbathing. It's cheap enough to use for applying huge area of the body. It's not bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bought to try due to the raves , but I don't really like it . but its cheap and has multiple usage. but I dun think its a good product for me.

I have a very sensitive-dry-combo skin and I'm also scent-sensitive person and I'm truly happy that I decided to buy this product. I've been using this almost month and I can see my skin is much moisturized, smoothier and healthier.

I use this on my face in the morning and evening and I've replaced my original moisturize cream to this aloe vera gel and it works for me amazingly better. Aloe vera gel treats my dry spots on my cheeks much better than any other face cream I've ever tried. And also my redness is going down.

I also use this on my whole body after I've shaved my legs and arms and my skin doesn't make red itchy spots or feel sticky. Aloe vera cools down sensitive skin and feels so good!

My hair loves this. I use this on my hair after hairdrier and straightener and this makes my hair much moisturized and smooth!

There is alcohol in the product but it doesn't cost me trouble and I think there's just a little bit in it.
Alcohol just cleans and disinfects so I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Just think about it: There's 92% aloe vera. 92%. So there's just a little bit other ingredients.

Smell is first time you open the jar a little bit strong but not too strong or not too light.
I just love it.

I recommend this product to sensitive-dry -combo skin types!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm using this in hopes to replace neutrogena hydroboost water gel due to a bit of stinging/burning experience when put freshly on the skin. This unfortunately does the same thing. I agree with the reviewer below in regards with the texture. It just doesn't feel like it's absorbed into the skin. So it doesn't hydrate my skin, and as my skin becomes more dehydrated, it produces more oil. When I used neutrogena, it helped with the oil control, my face did not become shiny when wearing makeup. On the other hand, when I use this as a base, my face is back to oily again and breaks down my foundationů
Overall, this is not enough of a moisturizer for me, even though I got an oily skin. Soothing gel, yes it does take down some redness. It doesn't break me out. I don't know why this gets a lot of hype... No, I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, as it's mostly aloe vera, it is great for anti-inflammatory purposes. It's great at reducing redness from acne, and soothes puffiness. Good as a cooling mask.. if you don't have burns.

I'm talking about the type when you over-exfoliate or when you've recently used whatever product that contains an acid (BHA, AHA, Kojic acid, etc).

This happened to me when I used Kojic acid on my face for too long, and it was burning and red and painful. I figured I could use this to cool my hot hot face... Well, it should be noted that alcohol is second in the list of ingredients, so however much is in the remaining 8%, alcohol would take up a good amount. And let me tell you, it made my burning face worse! This is what I really don't like about it, so beware of irritation caused by the alcohol content. The burning did eventually decrease however, but I didn't think it was worth experiencing the b u r n i n g. I also find it stings if you've got an open pimple..

Also, this shouldn't replace your moisturiser. Just like the natural gel you'd get from breaking a piece off the plant, the moisturising is purely superficial. Think of it like a gel pack you'd put over an inflamed area.

When it dries, it just becomes thin and transparent and sometimes become flakes that you can peel off. It does leave my face shiny and tight, but that's temporary. I've never tried putting anything over it when its dried so I don't really know how it is, but it's easy to wash off. It didn't really do much to hydrate, nor did it seem to face my acne scars, but I wasn't really expecting it to since i was really using this to sooth my redness and acne.

And.. The packaging. It's really just a huge tub of gel. Pretty unhygienic, and as entrancing as it is to look at when you first open it, I would avoid sticking my fingers in it. Even if it's cleaned. It's easy to get contaminated due to its size.

Overall, this is good for puffiness and redness caused by acne or fatigue etc, and a nice cooling sensation (mostly), and there's a generous amount for a relatively cheap price. But take note of the alcohol when you apply to a raw face. And also hygiene. Personally, I'll stick to my natural aloe plant.

I've been using this for about a month now, and I must say that this product has made me enjoy skincare again! I love using this after a cleansing or mask session because it makes me feel so fresh and moisturized. It absorbs into the skin so quickly (around a minute) and a little goes a long way. It doesn't leave a thick, shiny, gel-like layer on your skin like other moisturizers do. The scent isn't bad at all too. It smells like a freshly-mowed lawn so it makes you feel fresh and clean. The consistency of this gel also makes it very easy to glide all over your face. It's also super affordable, so you can keep repurchasing it!

It is a soothing gel and no more, not a moisturizing gel. My skin does not get hydrated at all after using. But recommend for after sun.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well with my super sensitive acne prone skin