Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.5

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

on 2/28/2015 4:22:00 PM

I really like this product, but I've heard that there is quite a bit of alcohol content in it. That hasn't troubled me too much, so I'm not as concerned right now.

The gel comes in a big tub, but there is no spatula to remove the product. I took a lippie off of packaging due to hygienic concerns (with a container this large, you'll be using it for a while). It is multi-purpose and I have personally used it for things like soothing itchiness and moisturizing my face/hair.

I actually received mine as a gift, but I think it costs about 12 CAD in my area. That's not bad considering how much product I can get. Unless I find a better product, I'll be repurchasing.

on 1/12/2015 9:38:00 AM

I'm truly appreciate review from everyone and I'm glad that I bought it! It has been my favorite products of all!

This gel treats pimple inflammation in a sped up time. Pimples seem to get straight onto the process of going away when I apply this gel. They don't disappear at a shockingly fast rate but the process is accelerated. I feel great treating my acne-prone and sensitive skin with a mostly natural product; once applied the pain from a pimple will stop for the rest of the day. My face is much more hydrated from using it; I plan on using it with my moisturizer step for a long time. I would recommend use of any aloe vera gel, the results over time are a better complexion and hydrated skin.

on 10/20/2014 10:03:00 PM

I got this product from a friend and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what to do with a giant tub of aloe gel. Yes it has a cool sensation to it but in no way does it moisturizes it just sits on top of your skin and when you rub it in it leaves this hand sanitizer residue feel, like it's supposedly non-existence but existing. I ended using up the entire tub after I discovered that it made my clay face mask extra effective if layer it on top ( feel like I can have the firming of a clay mask while taking care of skin moisture at the same time sealing up my mask with the aloe gel.

on 8/16/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This could potentially be a good product for you provided you had realistic expectations. For me, this works well to soothe mild sunburn (gets rid of the uncomfy hot and itchy-stinging feeling) - I would not put this on severe sunburn, however, bc you really shouldn't use it on broken skin. I gave this tub away to my friend, and she uses it on top of her eyecream at night to make sure it doesn't rub off on her pillow. Seems clever.

The main reason I will not be buying this again is that the product simply does not penetrate the skin. I used this as a night pack, and when I washed my face the next morning, all of the gel came off from my face as soon as I splashed water on it. Gross. I want something nourishing that can be absorbed by my skin, not a film that sort of dries on top of the dermis. I use facial oils, and my skin looks plump and hydrated in the morning, but I can just feel skin when I wash my face - the oil is completely gone by then, absorbed.

I think a tiny dollop of this used before makeup could possibly help with pores and just give you a nice smooth, moist canvas to work on, but the alcohol content keeps me from repurchasing just to try that theory out. I want to try other, more natural aloe products for now.

on 8/12/2014 6:56:00 AM

Im so glad that I bought this - thanks Exo for advertising this :D My second bottle is on its way! I will make this short: I use this every day in the evening as a moisturizer. BUT, if you have drier skin, it might not be moisturising enough, therefore I advise adding cream moisturizer on the drier areas. My favorite thing is that it feels beautifully fresh on my face, its not greasy at all and my face can breathe. I also noticed that my blemishes are possibly healing faster when I apply this product on them. I also use it as an aftershave on my legs, sometimes on my scalp when it gets dry - and you can totally apply this there because it doesnt make you hair greasy, and I am convinced that this makes my lashes grow longer and thicker after a month of using it as a lash serum. Only downside is the packaging - after weeks of dipping my fingers in, even clean, it colects little dust particles - it is unavoidable to get it dirty. Pump bottle would be so much better.

on 8/12/2014 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This gel is amazing, I bought this and was so excited to use it cause of the amazing reviews here, and i have to agree this stuff does wonder to the skin and hair. I leave my tub in the fridge and when I apply this after a long day it is so refreshing on the skin and cooling, I like that it hydrates my dry feet well and at the same time it hydrate my spilt ends from my hair.

I even use this on my under eye dryness before doing my makeup and it helps smooth my concealer so much better,

Price wise I found that if you search online like best buy or even eBay you can get a better deal and save a couple of dollars off.

on 7/23/2014 7:46:00 AM

I like this! I use it after my hair serum when I wash my hair. And I can really see that it hydrates my hair well. And it's cheap too.

on 7/21/2014 11:38:00 PM

I went to Seoul, Korea and got 5 tubs of this! It is free of mineral oils, parabens and artificial colourings. It gives a light and cooling effect and surprisingly, it does not leave a sticky residue.

on 5/28/2014 11:35:00 AM

Have bought and gave as gifts to friends . Very soothing , non congesting, soothing overnight mask gel . Gives me clear skin free from redness .nice scent .