July 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Moisturizers - Nature Republic - Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by intoxicatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this! I use it after my hair serum when I wash my hair. And I can really see that it hydrates my hair well. And it's cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tellyhigh

I went to Seoul, Korea and got 5 tubs of this! It is free of mineral oils, parabens and artificial colourings. It gives a light and cooling effect and surprisingly, it does not leave a sticky residue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I am on my second tub! Love this and had bought it on a whim without much expectations . This is strictly for night use . I apply a think gel at night , and next morning I wake up to nice , calmed , totally rested skin ! No allergies so far. It is so cheap and works well in moisturising oily skin without adding oil. I have use other aloe Vera gels and this works well for my face .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this during a 1+1 promotion at my local Nature Republic.

It was hot, summer and I figured I would stock up for the season. And, if it didn't work out for me, I could generously give the other one to a friend in need.

Part of me was intrigued by the advert. My Hangul isn't so good that I could understand all of what they were trying to say this gel could do. Luckily, I can understand pictures. Those pictures told me that this gel could literally do a million things, it was that good. It could be a mask or sleeping pack, hair treatment, moisturizer, shaving cream alternative, soothe sunburns…

Actually, it only illustrated it could do, like, 9 things. But still. That's crazy multipurpose. And as I got it as a 1+1...that's like it doing 18 things! (Beauty math at its finest, everyone).

Anyway, I digress.

Pros: I like how high the aloe percentage is for this gel - 92 per cent.

It's a lightweight gel that moisturized my skin. It didn't leave a sticky residue and it has a nice, cooling effect.

Bonus: if you're in a bind, slathering this on + fanning yourself = a pretty sweet/cheap/lo-fi alternative to air condition.

Where it truly shines is as an alternative to shaving cream. It left my legs soft and moisturized. More importantly, my legs were nick- and razor burn-free!

Cons: The price. I'm not in Korea anymore and the lack of Nature Republics make this only accessible online through resellers or through GMarket. The overseas price and shipping make it difficult for me to justify the price.

Major lippies off because of the cost on what is, otherwise, a pretty solid aloe gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by zzyan09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great product in the humid climate. Just make sure to air dry it after applying. I have acne prone oily skin and I use it as a day moisturiser before putting sunblock. It prevents my face from being oily, makes it smooth and keeps your face cool and fresh! It's relatively cheaper here in the Nature Republic stores in Manila where the price is 2x-3x in the online shops such as yesstyle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lilylillylily

Started on this gel like half a year ago. Recommended by friends and family as I have dry skin. I really thought it would help on my face as it was so convincing. It started quite well, very soothing (and cold, put it inside the fridge!), mild, light scented, instant absorption and non-sticky. I love it. As the months go on, I realized it doesn't help much on my dry face even tough I put like few layers. I felt quite disappointed. However, it works extremely good on burnt skin like acid burn or sunburn, instantly took off the redness and itchiness. I think this product is more suitable for normal/combination skin rather than dry. For dryer skin people (ie. me), better to try something stronger than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Izfinale

This is definitely one product I can't live without!
I don't have acne problems, oily skin or dry skin. My skin almost stays the same year round. But this winter I've been out more than in and the cold air caused my right cheek to become like sandpaper :(
My friend recommended this to me.
It's definitely not like a regular moisturizer which is heavy and creamy and thick. This is a gel consistency and absorbs/dries quickly. It doesn't have a strong scent and comes in a huge tub!
I got it in December and i use it everyday. It's February and I still have at least 85% left.
And my cheek is now back to being soft and bouncy (also from gaining weight during holiday)
Not the most natural thing but it works.
If you don't like thick, greasy moisturizers like me then this is perfect for you. It's oil free and won't leave skin feeling sticky.
I also use it on my scars and burns.
Definitely should give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Heymatt

if this did not contain alcohol, this would be amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its just a "good " product...i have oily combo dry skin, and it doesn't do much for me really...i use it as a toner, or gel cream before my gel moisturizer as it seems to absorbe well.
doesnt really hydrate dry spots though :/

**update:

i now use this everyday! i mix it with a face milk/creme thats really hydrating but wayy too thick for my combo skin. this makes it a lot easier for my skin to accept and hydrate because it makes it a gel like moisturizer and i LOVE ITT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ksabha01

I bought this at a Nature Republic store in Seoul, Korea. I got it for a vacation to Thailand I was going on, but months later, now that I'm back in Canada and dealing with a harsh winter, I found a better use for it.

I suffer from a really itchy, flaky scalp year-round that gets much worse during winter) and nothing completely resolves this issue. I switched to shampoos that don't contain SLS (which has helped but hasn't fixed the problem completely), I take Omegas and try to eat well. Last night I slathered my head in aloe gel, let it sit for 5 minutes while I removed nail polish, and then shampooed it out. Lo and behold, NO FLAKES TODAY. Not one. That never, ever happens. Plus my hair is really shiny and smooth today, which is an unexpected bonus. I'm thrilled.

If you suffer from an itchy, dry, flaky scalp, try aloe vera gel. It really might be the thing that could save you years of grief and annoyance.