November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Moisturizers - Nature Republic - Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Multipassleeloo

This gel treats pimple inflammation in a sped up time. Pimples seem to get straight onto the process of going away when I apply this gel. They don't disappear at a shockingly fast rate but the process is accelerated. I feel great treating my acne-prone and sensitive skin with a mostly natural product; once applied the pain from a pimple will stop for the rest of the day. My face is much more hydrated from using it; I plan on using it with my moisturizer step for a long time. I would recommend use of any aloe vera gel, the results over time are a better complexion and hydrated skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Yumi2

I got this product from a friend and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what to do with a giant tub of aloe gel. Yes it has a cool sensation to it but in no way does it moisturizes it just sits on top of your skin and when you rub it in it leaves this hand sanitizer residue feel, like it's supposedly non-existence but existing. I ended using up the entire tub after I discovered that it made my clay face mask extra effective if layer it on top ( feel like I can have the firming of a clay mask while taking care of skin moisture at the same time sealing up my mask with the aloe gel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This could potentially be a good product for you provided you had realistic expectations. For me, this works well to soothe mild sunburn (gets rid of the uncomfy hot and itchy-stinging feeling) - I would not put this on severe sunburn, however, bc you really shouldn't use it on broken skin. I gave this tub away to my friend, and she uses it on top of her eyecream at night to make sure it doesn't rub off on her pillow. Seems clever.

The main reason I will not be buying this again is that the product simply does not penetrate the skin. I used this as a night pack, and when I washed my face the next morning, all of the gel came off from my face as soon as I splashed water on it. Gross. I want something nourishing that can be absorbed by my skin, not a film that sort of dries on top of the dermis. I use facial oils, and my skin looks plump and hydrated in the morning, but I can just feel skin when I wash my face - the oil is completely gone by then, absorbed.

I think a tiny dollop of this used before makeup could possibly help with pores and just give you a nice smooth, moist canvas to work on, but the alcohol content keeps me from repurchasing just to try that theory out. I want to try other, more natural aloe products for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by ravenrage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iīm so glad that I bought this - thanks Exo for advertising this :D My second bottle is on itīs way! I will make this short: I use this every day in the evening as a moisturizer. BUT, if you have drier skin, it might not be moisturising enough, therefore I advise adding cream moisturizer on the drier areas. My favorite thing is that it feels beautifully fresh on my face, its not greasy at all and my face can breathe. I also noticed that my blemishes are possibly healing faster when I apply this product on them. I also use it as an aftershave on my legs, sometimes on my scalp when it gets dry - and you can totally apply this there because it doesnt make you hair greasy, and I am convinced that this makes my lashes grow longer and thicker after a month of using it as a lash serum. Only downside is the packaging - after weeks of dipping my fingers in, even clean, it colects little dust particles - it is unavoidable to get it dirty. Pump bottle would be so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

This gel is amazing, I bought this and was so excited to use it cause of the amazing reviews here, and i have to agree this stuff does wonder to the skin and hair. I leave my tub in the fridge and when I apply this after a long day it is so refreshing on the skin and cooling, I like that it hydrates my dry feet well and at the same time it hydrate my spilt ends from my hair.

I even use this on my under eye dryness before doing my makeup and it helps smooth my concealer so much better,

Price wise I found that if you search online like best buy or even eBay you can get a better deal and save a couple of dollars off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by intoxicatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this! I use it after my hair serum when I wash my hair. And I can really see that it hydrates my hair well. And it's cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tellyhigh

I went to Seoul, Korea and got 5 tubs of this! It is free of mineral oils, parabens and artificial colourings. It gives a light and cooling effect and surprisingly, it does not leave a sticky residue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I am on my second tub! Love this and had bought it on a whim without much expectations . This is strictly for night use . I apply a think gel at night , and next morning I wake up to nice , calmed , totally rested skin ! No allergies so far. It is so cheap and works well in moisturising oily skin without adding oil. I have use other aloe Vera gels and this works well for my face .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this during a 1+1 promotion at my local Nature Republic.

It was hot, summer and I figured I would stock up for the season. And, if it didn't work out for me, I could generously give the other one to a friend in need.

Part of me was intrigued by the advert. My Hangul isn't so good that I could understand all of what they were trying to say this gel could do. Luckily, I can understand pictures. Those pictures told me that this gel could literally do a million things, it was that good. It could be a mask or sleeping pack, hair treatment, moisturizer, shaving cream alternative, soothe sunburns…

Actually, it only illustrated it could do, like, 9 things. But still. That's crazy multipurpose. And as I got it as a 1+1...that's like it doing 18 things! (Beauty math at its finest, everyone).

Anyway, I digress.

Pros: I like how high the aloe percentage is for this gel - 92 per cent.

It's a lightweight gel that moisturized my skin. It didn't leave a sticky residue and it has a nice, cooling effect.

Bonus: if you're in a bind, slathering this on + fanning yourself = a pretty sweet/cheap/lo-fi alternative to air condition.

Where it truly shines is as an alternative to shaving cream. It left my legs soft and moisturized. More importantly, my legs were nick- and razor burn-free!

Cons: The price. I'm not in Korea anymore and the lack of Nature Republics make this only accessible online through resellers or through GMarket. The overseas price and shipping make it difficult for me to justify the price.

Major lippies off because of the cost on what is, otherwise, a pretty solid aloe gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by zzyan09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great product in the humid climate. Just make sure to air dry it after applying. I have acne prone oily skin and I use it as a day moisturiser before putting sunblock. It prevents my face from being oily, makes it smooth and keeps your face cool and fresh! It's relatively cheaper here in the Nature Republic stores in Manila where the price is 2x-3x in the online shops such as yesstyle.