Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

4.4

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (92%), Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyglutamic Acid, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Parfum, Disodium EDTA.

on 7/12/2015 7:13:00 AM

I have a very sensitive-dry-combo skin and I'm also scent-sensitive person and I'm truly happy that I decided to buy this product. I've been using this almost month and I can see my skin is much moisturized, smoothier and healthier.

I use this on my face in the morning and evening and I've replaced my original moisturize cream to this aloe vera gel and it works for me amazingly better. Aloe vera gel treats my dry spots on my cheeks much better than any other face cream I've ever tried. And also my redness is going down.

I also use this on my whole body after I've shaved my legs and arms and my skin doesn't make red itchy spots or feel sticky. Aloe vera cools down sensitive skin and feels so good!

My hair loves this. I use this on my hair after hairdrier and straightener and this makes my hair much moisturized and smooth!

There is alcohol in the product but it doesn't cost me trouble and I think there's just a little bit in it.
Alcohol just cleans and disinfects so I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Just think about it: There's 92% aloe vera. 92%. So there's just a little bit other ingredients.

Smell is first time you open the jar a little bit strong but not too strong or not too light.
I just love it.

I recommend this product to sensitive-dry -combo skin types!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I'm using this in hopes to replace neutrogena hydroboost water gel due to a bit of stinging/burning experience when put freshly on the skin. This unfortunately does the same thing. I agree with the reviewer below in regards with the texture. It just doesn't feel like it's absorbed into the skin. So it doesn't hydrate my skin, and as my skin becomes more dehydrated, it produces more oil. When I used neutrogena, it helped with the oil control, my face did not become shiny when wearing makeup. On the other hand, when I use this as a base, my face is back to oily again and breaks down my foundation...

on 7/8/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly, as it's mostly aloe vera, it is great for anti-inflammatory purposes. It's great at reducing redness from acne, and soothes puffiness. Good as a cooling mask.. if you don't have burns.

I'm talking about the type when you over-exfoliate or when you've recently used whatever product that contains an acid (BHA, AHA, Kojic acid, etc).

This happened to me when I used Kojic acid on my face for too long, and it was burning and red and painful. I figured I could use this to cool my hot hot face... Well, it should be noted that alcohol is second in the list of ingredients, so however much is in the remaining 8%, alcohol would take up a good amount. And let me tell you, it made my burning face worse! This is what I really don't like about it, so beware of irritation caused by the alcohol content. The burning did eventually decrease however, but I didn't think it was worth experiencing the b u r n i n g. I also find it stings if you've got an open pimple..

Also, this shouldn't replace your moisturiser. Just like the natural gel you'd get from breaking a piece off the plant, the moisturising is purely superficial. Think of it like a gel pack you'd put over an inflamed area.

When it dries, it just becomes thin and transparent and sometimes become flakes that you can peel off. It does leave my face shiny and tight, but that's temporary. I've never tried putting anything over it when its dried so I don't really know how it is, but it's easy to wash off. It didn't really do much to hydrate, nor did it seem to face my acne scars, but I wasn't really expecting it to since i was really using this to sooth my redness and acne.

And.. The packaging. It's really just a huge tub of gel. Pretty unhygienic, and as entrancing as it is to look at when you first open it, I would avoid sticking my fingers in it. Even if it's cleaned. It's easy to get contaminated due to its size.

Overall, this is good for puffiness and redness caused by acne or fatigue etc, and a nice cooling sensation (mostly), and there's a generous amount for a relatively cheap price. But take note of the alcohol when you apply to a raw face. And also hygiene. Personally, I'll stick to my natural aloe plant.

I've been using this for about a month now, and I must say that this product has made me enjoy skincare again! I love using this after a cleansing or mask session because it makes me feel so fresh and moisturized. It absorbs into the skin so quickly (around a minute) and a little goes a long way. It doesn't leave a thick, shiny, gel-like layer on your skin like other moisturizers do. The scent isn't bad at all too. It smells like a freshly-mowed lawn so it makes you feel fresh and clean. The consistency of this gel also makes it very easy to glide all over your face. It's also super affordable, so you can keep repurchasing it!

on 7/4/2015 3:40:00 AM

It is a soothing gel and no more, not a moisturizing gel. My skin does not get hydrated at all after using. But recommend for after sun.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well with my super sensitive acne prone skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

SECRET PRO TIP!!
I am obsessed with essential oils, especially tea tree oil. I managed to find some articles and books telling me that aloe vera + tea tree oil are the best partner on handling my acne-prone and dirty skin! I live in urban city, and I need something that moisturizes, cleansing my skin without having the feeling of "squeaky-clean" from SLS, and dries my pimples without any excessive alcohol.
I gave it a try. two drops of tea tree oil with a slap of aloe vera gel, I mixed it up with q-tip, and voila! It turned cloudy and pretty warm on my palm, and when I gave it a go on my face, it's amazing. my skin finally gave up on producing weird pimples and blackheads/whiteheads. I'm still on my treatment, and all those pimples that I used to pop (bad habit, I know) are slowly gone, in a good way.
(If you wanted to try this, better give this solution a try on your arm and left it overnight before you irritate your sensitive face, you'll never know)

on 4/28/2015 9:40:00 AM

This is the must-have for summer!!! Like the smell, consistency, and its function. Although it very cheap, It is very gentle and absorb very well into your skin, the true definition of smoothing gel. I wish that they have a travel size so I can apply it every time I want during the day. Done excellent jobs as makeup base, moisturizer, and hydration lotion for oily or combination skin.

on 4/24/2015 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my HOLY GRAIL moisturizers! If you need a no frills moisturizer, i totally recommend this!

This helped me calm my hormonial acne and moisturize my skin without making my skin itch.

Pros
▪️ Moisturizing (for oily skin)
▪️ Calms redness and breakouts
▪️ Organic
▪️ For multi purpose (hair mask, face mask, body lotion, etc.)
▪️ Cheap

Cons
▪️ I prefer tube or pump packaging
▪️ Not moisturizing enough for other skin types
▪️ It has alchohol

I think alchohol is a good ingredient in a well formulated product and this is one of them. (Note: I often breakout of there is an alchohol but this never broke me out)

❤️❤️❤️❤️

on 4/13/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product for your body, but I wouldn't recommend using this on your face. I have sensitive skin and eventually, I ended up with a couple dry patches on my face. It stung when I applied more aloe vera. This is most likely due to the alcohol. However, I love the packaging and the price was very reasonable. I wouldn't buy this again as there is plenty left. The cream is soothing as it is cool applied, but not very moisturizing. I may see how well it works on sun burns in the future.