Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: SunscreenOctinoxate 7.5Zinc Oxide 3.4Inactive ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Isododecane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Isoceteth-10, Silica, Lysine HCL, Fragrance, Lecithin, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Citrulline, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Baicalin, Linalool, Limonene, Tripeptide-9 Citrulline, Geraniol, Citral, Eugenol, Coumarin, Citronellol. May contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Thankfully I only got a sample size of this product, its really far below anything i expect from UD

THE GOOD:
texture - easy to apply and blend, no qualms there.

staying power - starts to fade after about 4 hours, but I always have some left after I get home. I have combination skin with an oily t zone.

THE BAD:
smell - minty and somewhat medicinal. I dont like smelling like a medicine cabinet but thankfully it wears off relative quickly

The colour - this is very very orange on my yellow C2 skin, it might suit heavily tanned cool toned ladies, although I don't know anyone who's naturally this orange

coverage - very light, so you will probably get away with how orange this is, but on the other side it struggles to cover even minimal discolouration.

doesn't actually improve the skin as a BB cream should, think of this as more of a lightly tinted orange moisturiser

Overall, wouldn't pick up a new one even it was free.

on 6/18/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this BB Cream. I wore it on it's own with just concealer, and it was good for me. It doesn't give a ton of coverage, which is why I had to add concealer, but I didn't really mind that because it felt so light on my face. I do think you have to have a specific skin tone in order to use this because it would look a bit orange on me sometimes, and I have medium skin. It was long-lasting; I could go all day with this and still see it come off on my makeup remover at the end of the day. Not too expensive, which is also great.

on 5/21/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream is ok. I didn't expect much coverage from it anyway since it is an American BB cream and I bought it to even out my skin tone. I was actually given a sample to try out after I liked how it looked on me when one of the girls at Macy's tried it on me. It makes my skin look nice and does seem to even out my skintone, but it's so expensive!! The travel sized one is so not worth the price....Other than that, the BB cream is ok. If you're looking for coverage, look elsewhere because this isn't it. This also did not break me out. I have oily, acne prone, slightly sensitive skin.

on 4/13/2015 12:24:00 PM

I think this product has so many negative reviews because people are expecting it to have more coverage. This really isn't a replacement for foundation if you are looking for coverage. It evens out bare skin and makes it look better, but still bare skin. I mean, it comes in one shade, so obviously it's not going to offer a lot of coverage. It can be worn UNDER foundation or concealer, if you feel like you need that, but then it's basically just a primer and maybe not worth the money.

I personally LOVE this product. I don't wear foundation on a regular basis, I hate how it feels and I don't really need to cover much. I'm 30 years old, no wrinkles except around my mouth from smoking for years, skin is on the dry side, pretty even except occasional dark circles that I use concealer on. This makes my skin look perfect, matte but natural, and really diffused. It also lasts all day. This is great for no makeup days, or when you want a really minimal look. So, if you have problem skin, or a lot to cover, maybe this won't be enough. It also lasts forever, I had a tiny sample that lasted for weeks and then I bought the bigger sample size at Sephora and that lasted for like over a month. The full size lasts me a really long time.

on 3/31/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really disliked this BB cream. I wanted to love it, but it just was not that great. First of all the coverage is SO SO light. It smells weird. And also, I don't even have sensitive skin, and I felt when I had this on, my skin felt very irritated or almost allergic to it. I wonder if the fragrance of the protect maybe didn't agree with my skin, but I was pretty surprised about it. Bummer. I have a full tube of this stuff just sitting on my vanity, but I got it free, so I'm not too peeved by it.

on 3/31/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was convinced to give this product a try - BB creams make me break out but this one wasn't too bad - one of the least breakouts of the many BB/CC creams i've tried.

However it doesn't provide much coverage - in face i would almost classify it as transparent if you're lucky translucent.

on 3/15/2015 4:42:00 PM

I bought this as part of the urban decay set that comes with the b6 priming spray and the naked foundation. I was very excited to try these out however was very dissappointed in all the products but since this review is just about the beauty balm ill stick to talking about that. The ONLY good thing about it was the nice packaging, other then that it was a waste of money , first of all it smells like weird biscuits or something, and it doesn't matter how much you put on it does nothing for your skin and you can't see any difference. I tried it on its on and under the foundation its drying and smells bad, I brought it back to sephora along with the naked foundation and b6 spray. i guess the search for the perfect foundation is still happening

on 2/24/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

As a fan of UD, this product was such a disappointment for me. I am not a big BB cream user, but when I saw this product from this brand I was super excited to try it.

A positive note for this cream was the texture, smooth and velvety and applied nicely, but that's where the positives ended for me. The smell was not so great, in my opinion it was very medicinal. On top of that, I didn't see any difference in my skin. I used it for 4 weeks and when there was absolutely no change in anything, lines, pores, discoloration I decided to throw in the towel. I don't know if I just expected too much, but again major letdown for me.

Wanted to say in a review that I would not recommend this product for a purchase because I really believe after a month or so of use, I didn't see anything as far as what the product claimed it would do. It's not a small price tag and I would recommend definitely getting a sample befor purchasing yourself.

on 2/9/2015 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this item because I wanted to try various BB creams. All I have to say is this stuff is NOT for oily ,acne, combination skin. I would definitely see this stuff work for normal skin. Gives absolutely no coverage. Reminds me more of a moisturizer. Left my face feel extremely sticky and cakey. The scent is also strong.

on 2/6/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the Illuminating one. While it doesn't offer much coverage, it does cover some red spots and evens me out a bit. What I really enjoy is how non-oily my oily skin is during the day when worn. I use it by itself and apply with my fingers. It is quite glittery but I'm just wearing it to work so I really don't care nor have I gotten any comments that my skin looks Twilight-esqe.

I actually did a test of wearing this 2 weeks in a row with nothing else and I really liked how my skin was looking, felt and I had no breakouts.

I don't know if I would purchase again since I have so many other products but I do know that had I not picked it up for $17 at Ulta, I would not spend the $30+ on it.