October 21, 2014 | 1456 users online

Highlighters - Shiseido - Luminizing Satin Face Color in BE206 Soft Beam Gold

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Selphia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love White Beam, perfect in every way but Gold Beam is just not the right colour, texturally it is wonderful, can't fault it but the colour is...makes me look more yellow but also darker.

I'm usually use Chantecaille future skin alabaster/ THREE 202 powder foundation.

I was hoping it would glow like it does in the D!ck Page demo videos but it didn't and it looks like I have super yellow powder on my face that isn't quite the right warmth to be a contour shade either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

NC42 here, tan with yellow undertones. Im on the hunt for the perfect, powder, gold, highlighter. This was on sale, I saw the color(pale gold) so I bought it on a whim.

This does not show up on my skin. The powder is very chalky, not smooth, hard to pick up.Im very disappointed with Shiseidos highlighters and blushes. They dont even try! What is this? I dont know what to use it for...This brand has many great things but sadly this is not one of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

I've found that glitter-free, natural-looking, day-light-friendly highlighters are exceedingly difficult to find, and this product is among the few that I like.
The Good: I use this as a highlighter (cheekbone, brow bone, cupid's bow, etc.), and it gives a sheen with no glitter particles. I have light-to-medium skin (Chanel 30) and Soft Beam Gold disappears into my skin. It goes on a bit golden and warm. This product can be used alone, but I often use it to set cream or liquid highlighter. The powder is very finely milled and the brush that comes with this product is really well made and soft (but a little big for highlighting).
The Bad: I'm giving this product 4 instead of 5 stars because it doesn't last until the end of the day.
Overall: Great highlighter! I'd definitely recommend it to those looking for a natural looking highlighter to use during the day.
Alternatives: For natural looking highlighters, I also really like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector and Mac Cream Color Base in Luna. I've also sampled MUFE Uplight and really liked it as well (but can't remember which shade).
Value: I think it's a good value. The $30 pan should last a while, even if you're using to everyday.
For others also looking for more natural looking highlighters, here are the ones I've tried or sampled so far:
No glitter: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color (High Beam White and Soft Beam Gold), Mac Cream Color Base (Luna)
Some very fine glitter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, MUFE Uplight (can't remember the exact shade, which I do think matters), Mac Cream Color Base (Pearl)
Higher glitter content (what I personally found to be too much for day): Armani fluid sheer (02 shimmering beige), Benefit Watt's Up, Benefit High Beam, Nars Blush (Albatross), Nars Multiple (Copacabana, Orgasm), Nars Illuminator (Copacabana, Orgasm)---although based on the many glowing reviews for a lot of these products, the ideal amount of shimmer/glitter in a highlighter is clearly a very personal opinion!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No