September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Color Whisper Plum Prospect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

It's basically a well-pigmented lip balm. A Plum Prospect is a little too garishly pink for me (NC30). Staying power is not great, as you'd expect from a lip balm, but it does feel nice on the lips. The packaging is a little flimsy and clumsy - I prefer lipstick caps that open from halfway up, not close to the bottom of the tube. Overall, I don't think it's worth CAD$8-10 and would not repurchase at this price point.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Imagine the beautiful flush of dark raspberry. Your lips after a grape sorbet. Juicy youthful color. A clash between the darkness of berry and the pigment of fushia and purple. Beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

Plum Prospect is a beautiful wearable color that is similar in tone to my natural lip color but a little more intense. I think that it might be helpful for me to compare the product to other popular drugstore lip butter/chapstick type products that I own & use.

Compared to the Maybelline baby lips:
*Formula - very similar! smooth, slightly more pigmented but still considered sheer though it can be built up, same so-so lasting power. Just as moisturizing as the baby lips.
*Finish - depends on the shade (plum prospect is a cream finish but no glitter/shimmer just a nice shine)
*Packaging - nicer & more "adult" (IMO) than the baby lip's chapstick tube
*Scent - no scent
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $2.99

Compared to the L'oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse:
*Formula - similar with a smooth, thin consistency & is buildable like the colour caresse that I personally own. Same moisturizing quality.
*Finish - again, it depends on the shade but the color whisper is not as glossy as any of the colour caresse that I own.
*Packaging - Colour Caresse packaging is nicer (in my opinion) though they tend to show fingerprints and smudges easily.
*Scent - no scent!
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $7.99

Compared to the Revlon Lip Butters:
*Formula - more thin, sheer, & moisturizing than the lip butter but not as long lasting.
*Finish - depends on the shade. Plum Prospect is not as glossy as any of the lip butters than I own.
*Packaging - similar lipstick tube packaging.
*Scent - no scent!
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $6.49

Overall, I definitely prefer this to the color tinted baby lips (not including quenched), about the same as the colour caresse, & more than the lip butters as far the texture/consistency but less when it comes to lasting power. I will be buying more shades on my next to trip to the drugstore!