Maybelline Color Whisper Plum Prospect

3.7

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, BHT, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Linalool, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Benzyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine.

on 1/9/2014 9:40:00 AM

It's basically a well-pigmented lip balm. A Plum Prospect is a little too garishly pink for me (NC30). Staying power is not great, as you'd expect from a lip balm, but it does feel nice on the lips. The packaging is a little flimsy and clumsy - I prefer lipstick caps that open from halfway up, not close to the bottom of the tube. Overall, I don't think it's worth CAD$8-10 and would not repurchase at this price point.

on 2/26/2013 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Imagine the beautiful flush of dark raspberry. Your lips after a grape sorbet. Juicy youthful color. A clash between the darkness of berry and the pigment of fushia and purple. Beautiful.

Plum Prospect is a beautiful wearable color that is similar in tone to my natural lip color but a little more intense. I think that it might be helpful for me to compare the product to other popular drugstore lip butter/chapstick type products that I own & use.

Compared to the Maybelline baby lips:
*Formula - very similar! smooth, slightly more pigmented but still considered sheer though it can be built up, same so-so lasting power. Just as moisturizing as the baby lips.
*Finish - depends on the shade (plum prospect is a cream finish but no glitter/shimmer just a nice shine)
*Packaging - nicer & more "adult" (IMO) than the baby lip's chapstick tube
*Scent - no scent
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $2.99

Compared to the L'oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse:
*Formula - similar with a smooth, thin consistency & is buildable like the colour caresse that I personally own. Same moisturizing quality.
*Finish - again, it depends on the shade but the color whisper is not as glossy as any of the colour caresse that I own.
*Packaging - Colour Caresse packaging is nicer (in my opinion) though they tend to show fingerprints and smudges easily.
*Scent - no scent!
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $7.99

Compared to the Revlon Lip Butters:
*Formula - more thin, sheer, & moisturizing than the lip butter but not as long lasting.
*Finish - depends on the shade. Plum Prospect is not as glossy as any of the lip butters than I own.
*Packaging - similar lipstick tube packaging.
*Scent - no scent!
*Price - $5.99 (at my target) compared to $6.49

Overall, I definitely prefer this to the color tinted baby lips (not including quenched), about the same as the colour caresse, & more than the lip butters as far the texture/consistency but less when it comes to lasting power. I will be buying more shades on my next to trip to the drugstore!