Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) oil free moisturizing spf 46 cream

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% Zinc Oxide 9.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocoheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylysilane.

on 1/20/2015 9:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great, typical MUAC no-frills product. Smells like sunblock, works like a light moisturizer and SPF. It's not very moisturizing IMO so I'll apply twice or make sure to have put on a hydrating serum before. I alternate it with other daytime moisturizers- Neutrogena retinol + SPF, and a tinted moisturizer SPF. I like how it seems to even my skin tone and mattify as well, although I don't think it claims to do that. With regular use, I think it improves tone and texture. I've gotten it in my eyes from sweating and that burned like a mofo so be careful of that!

My skin is naturally normal, but can get dry or nose can get shiny, depending on products I use and the weather, same with breakouts, I don't get any hormonal ones or from what I eat or drink, but can break out from skincare and make up. I used this from July until mid September daily, what's left in the bottle is getting thrown out.

First for the good - no break outs and it's not greasy (but does add shine/glow), light lotiony consistency, easy to spread, no white cast. For the bad: this summer was very hot and humid, yet this product managed to dry my skin out so much it was flaking on my neck and felt tight, it just felt uncomfortable all over. I used a moisturizing serum underneath, sealed with a drop of oil, yet it didn't help. Also I got a lot of color with this, and not even from being much in the sun, I avoid it as much as I can and choose shade whenever I can. This was just from running errands and walking in the park, rarely being in direct sun for longer than few minutes.

Usually I just use Equate spf 15 sensitive, or Olay's version, or Trader Joe's, they all perform the same on me. This is spf 46, yet I got the same amount of color I got in the summer before when I used any of those spf 15 lotions, which feel much better on skin. Another con is, it contains lactic acid, which is an exfoliant, and best be used only at night, what's it doing in a sunscreen is a mystery too me, it only increases photosensitivity.

on 10/3/2014 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for at least 2 years now. In the past I was never able to use a moisturizer because it would cause breakouts. This never breaks me out. It is light and has a lot of sun protection. Love it!!! So happy I found it.

on 6/25/2014 9:39:00 PM

This is an amazing sunscreen. I've been looking for the perfect sunscreen that doesn't leave me greasy or leave a white cast and this is definitely it. It has a very similar feel to Elta MD Clear SPF 46, except it doesn't have niacinamide. However, you get double the product in comparison and it feels basically the same on skin.

I use it in place of a moisturizer in the morning, as it's very hydrating. If you're going to be sweating and swimming all day you might want to look elsewhere, but if you're looking for a great everyday sunscreen, this one is amazing.

on 1/9/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using the oil free moisturizing SPF 46 sunscreen for almost two months now so I now feel comfortable writing a review.

Let me start off with why I decided to try this product in the first place. I normally have oily skin but in the winter months I find that it gets dry and flaky around my nose and chin. I normally use Biore UV perfect face milk or Coppertone spf 50 for senstive faces but those two just do not sit well when I have dry areas. So I searched for a physical sunscreen that would add moisture to my skin and found this one. I could not find any reviews on this but I put my faith in the MUAC brand and took a chance. I'm glad i did. Here's why:

1. Its has a great consistency. It's not thick at all and blends into my face easily without any white cast (which I would sometimes get with Coppertone)
2. It's a physical sunscreen with Octinoxate (7.5%) and Zince Oxide (9.0%) and an SPF of 46/
3. Does not dry my skin out and soothes dry spots. This is due to the Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E that is added to it.
4. Does not make my face oily.
5. Sinks into the skin fast
6. You get 3.5 oz of product for about $20 which is a lot more than i get with the Biore SS (comparison pic above).

Cons:
The only con for me is the packaging. The dispenser is just a hole and you have to be careful with how much you squeeze the bottle because too much can come out. Because of this, the lid can get messy as well. It's not terrible but it could be improved.

I will definitely buy this again because it is perfect for when my skin is on the dry side.
**I also want to add that there is a slight lotiony fragrance but it goes away in about 5 minutes.**