October 20, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eye Shadow - LUSH - Cream Eyeshadow - Happiness

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've yet to find a LUSH product that I don't love. So far, the liquid liners are amazing, the lip colors are to die for, the lip tints are the greatest thing ever, and the balms and lotions are so perfect and lovely and I just want to buy all the things.
Enter their cream eyeshadow. I had low expectations due to the thin nature of these shadows, but once applied, I was surprised at its pigmentation and wonderful texture.
It's almost whipped. It's not a heavy cream shadow like a MAC Paint Pot or anything like that. It's more of a primer consistency. I find it to be identical in texture to my ELF primer.
I use my primer first, then a thin dusting of the ELF Studio HD Powder, and then I apply this shadow. (The girl at LUSH said a powder first will help it last longer.) I only need a small amount, and then I blend it out with my ring finger. It quickly dries to a silky, powder-like finish and doesn't look cakey or heavy at all. Just a wash of shimmery, delightful pigment. I find it has more pigmentation than any of my powder shadows and I use far less product.
So far, the staying power has been great. Of course, after a 16-hour day, it starts to crease slightly because I have extremely oily lids (nothing EVER lasts that long for me), but through a regular day, it's perfect from start to finish.
I love pairing this color with their liquid liner in Motivation (a gorgeous peacock blue with green duochrome effect) because the orange leanings of Happiness pair beautifully as a perfect contrast to the blue. It makes my brown eyes look dark and doe-like and I positively adore it.
Price-wise, it's high, but I have been taking advantage of the buy-one-get-one-free sale going on there, so I can't complain. Once that's over, however, I will cry.
Overall, I adore this product and am looking forward to grabbing more colors in this line.