Yes To Carrots Yes to grapefruit correct and repair brightening facial towelettes

2.9

on 6/2/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

These are one of my favorite wipes cause they're 95 percent natural. They also exfoliate when you're wiping and are great to clean and refresh the skin on your face and neck and very simple to use.

on 1/23/2015 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought on sale at Walgreens. They smell fresh, are plenty big, I really liked the size. They are a bit expensive under normal circumstances and they left my face feeling a bit sticky so I'll stay with the Simple wipes.

on 11/21/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

These wipes are awesome for value and product. I have oiliy skin and these leave my face with a clean feeling. No residue like MaC wipes can. I love these. I buy two packs at a time.

on 8/29/2014 10:29:00 AM

I like these towelettes almost as much as I like the cucumber ones by Yes to Carrots. The best thing about these wipes is their texture, which is a bit different from the other wipes. I enjoy the scent of the product, too. It is very pleasant and sweet. These wipes remove most of my makeup, although of course I need to use something else to remove mascara. These do not have a brightening effect, and I think it is ridiculous to claim that a product you use on your face for ten seconds per day will have a brightening effect, but I still enjoy using them. I should probably take off a lippie for false advertising, but I really do love them.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ok, I have now tried the yes to cucumber and yes to blueberries facial towelettes in addition to these grapefruit ones. The cucumber ones are still the winners as they leave my face feeling the freshest. However, the packaging and towelette quality is the same in all three products. The packaging is in a little plastic bag with a snap closure (NO resealable tape garbage!). The towelettes themselves are a generous size and thick/good quality. I've noticed the reviews on all these products are pretty poor and I'm not sure why! There's often good sales on them and they work nicely if you're looking for a refresher throughout the day as opposed to a complete face wash. They really do a decent job cleaning. These wipes are not necessarily intended as a makeup remover wipe, although I sometimes use them as such. Usually I use my Napoleon Perdis makeup remover and then wipe my face with these to get any residue off. They smell nice, too! I don't feel the value is so great, as a full priced package of these particular wipes is about $6ish for 25 wipes. Burts Bees makes great wipes very similar to these for around the same price, and are probably a little more gentle for those of you with sensitive skin concerns. Do I feel like this product "brightened" or "corrected" my complexion? Not necessarily, but I think they're a great, versatile product staple to have in your vanity as they make my face feel clean and fresh after each use!

Pros: SMELLS OKAY? CONS:everything!!! It does nothing, staring ur face, can't remove waterproof makeup

on 5/17/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love all things grapefruit scented so when I first saw the towelettes I did not hesitate to buy it. I had previously purchased 'Yes To Cucumber' hypoallergenic facial towelettes and after using them, it left an unpleasant stinging sensation on my face. The 'Yes To Grapefruit' brightening facial towelettes are no different. It also made my face feel raw, stinging and agitated. At first I thought it was just the quality of the towelettes and that I was wiping my face too roughly but this was not the case as I had tried to wipe my face more gently but I still experienced the same stinging sensation.

Fortunately, I didn't have a bad skin reaction but the towelettes didn't seem to 'correct' or 'brighten' my face either. This might be because I chose not to use the towelettes frequently due to the discomfort. In addition, it is pretty average in terms of removing make-up. It removes the majority of my BB cream and lipstick but does not remove mascara or eyeliner (which weren't waterproof).

As for the pros, the size of the towelettes are relatively large compared to the standard size of facial wipes. It is almost too large for the face but you can use it on your neck/chest area too. The packaging design is good; the plastic tab locks in the moisture really well. The grapefruit smell is very noticeable which I find quite pleasant. However, as I have mentioned before, I am a fan of grapefruit scents, so this might not apply to everyone.

To summarise, I wouldn't buy this product again or recommend it to people with sensitive skin. I would also avoid other 'Yes To' facial wipes.

on 1/9/2014 3:24:00 AM

I got this on Target clearance 2 packs x each with 25 Towelettes for $6-7. I mainly used this for those lazy days i dont wear makeup and I don't want to wash my face at night with cleansing oil. Really lazy days.

Likes:
- grapefruit scent: truly invigorating
- re-sealable plastic lid: really helps keep towels moist. I hate when that "re-sealable" sticker stops working once u open/close it a handful of times.
- textured towels: surprisingly feels nice on the skin, makes u feel like u are really scrubbing the oil off your face, but still soft and gentle.

Dislikes:
-effectiveness as a cleanser to remove makeup: this only does its job if you aren't wearing any makeup or just moisturizer/SPF. I've tried using the towel to wipe off day and night makeup and it takes a lot of scrubbing for makeup to come off. The size of the towelettes is larger than most other brands, but you will definitely need every inch of that to take off makeup. At least it's still gentle on your skin. But I was still unsure if it removed all my makeup so I cleansed again with my Shu Uemura cleansing oil (guaranteed clean after use).

As far as correcting, repairing, and brightening goes... :: shrug ::

on 1/9/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tired all of the Yes To... facial towelettes except for the Tomato and I dislike all of them. All of them left my face red but this one was the worst one because it made my face burn and the burning sensation lasted for well over half an hour and left my face red for over an hour. My skin is not particularly sensitive which is why this baffled me. I have only encountered a problem like this once before and it was from a prescribed acne medication. This product also has a weird scent, it smells like grapefruit baby powder.

on 11/24/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are great for the morning when I don't have lots of time i don't use them everyday because I feel there a little too acidic I actually will slash water on my face right after I use one, but there very nice to have for a quick refresh or maybe after going to the gym to remove extra oil.