L'Oreal Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

3.6

on 2/22/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wish I could've liked this shampoo. It made my hair very dry. My hair isnt colored or anything but I do have dry ends. This shampoo made my hair worse :( even my scalp didn't feel clean

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love it I baught it four times - going for some more afterwards, when I finish in a few months. It keeps the extra grease and oil out for a few days. I will shall buy again. I also love the commercial with Jennifer Lopez in it. Very advertising............. I don't believe it's a miracle worker or a miracle in a bottle, but thuis is my holy grail shampoo, after I used garnier fructisdamage eraser, I stopped due to this Loreal shampoo. My hair feels, soft, shiny, silky and healthy after each shower every other day.

on 2/20/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very fine hair that is damaged and prone to breakage from frequent coloring. Years ago I had used L'Oreals Vive hair care line which I loved. Never really gave the new line a chance, but I kept seeing rave reviews for the Total Repair 5 series. After two uses I am already noticing less breakage. The cleanses without stripping or over drying, a problem I have had with some shampoos.

Was not expecting to love this shampoo as much as I do! my hair is very fine and gets damaged easily (like really easily) therefore I'm prone to split ends and breakage...I've tried multiple split end mending syrums and repairing shampoos but they all either didn't work or left my hair feeling heavy and gross, but this one made my hair feel sooo smooth! I can definitely say it helps to repair your damaged hair...I still have split ends but that's just because I haven't been to the salon in forever. Also, if you're anything like me you won't want to blindly spend money on a shampoo not knowing how it will work for you...you can buy the travel size shampoo and conditioner at cvs for around $1.50 each :)

on 2/7/2015 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Great shampoo. I have curly dry super-damaged hair (bleached 3 X, dyed w/box dyes 4 X) and the very first time I used this my hair was very soft and not crispy feeling. You could probably skip conditioner when pressed for time with no effect. Best drugstore shampoo ever.

on 1/6/2015 9:30:00 AM

I was pretty disappointed by this shampoo (and more so by the accompanying conditioner). For years, I was a salon/ natural foods store hair product snob and didn't dabble to much in drugstore shampoos. And after sustaining some serious damage at a bad salon earlier this year, I intensified my search for the perfect shampoo and conditioner, preferably cruelty-free and with at least SOME natural ingredients. At this point, after spending hundreds of dollars and trying dozens of higher end products, my hair is healthier, but I attribute that more to time, supplements, and my diet than anything. So I was looking for a more cost-effective, easily accessible shampoo and conditioner combo for my dry, still-somewhat damaged hair. This is not it. I can't believe how drying this stuff is. After shampooing, I already had that uh-oh, my hair feels really dry sensation, so I slathered it with the accompanying conditioner. My the time I stepped out of the shower, I could literally tell my hair was dry, crunchy, wild, rough, etc. I doused it with a heavy dose of my Neuma detangler/ moisturizing spray (which is the most awesome product) just to salvage my hair for the day. I tried the combo again last night after working out, on second day hair (clearly dirty) and it acted like a clarifying shampoo, but too much so. I also lose more hair (than even usual) with this shampoo. It smells nice and it's cheap; that's about all the good I can say about it. Also, I bought the travel sizes and just FYI, the lids are impossible to open in the shower. I'm glad I bought the travel sizes though, because this would have been thrown away.

on 12/30/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I adore this stuff, as well as the conditioner that goes with it. My hair is my crowning glory - it's halfway down my back and a weird mix of wavy/curly/straight and color-treated. I try to only wash 3x a week. Because of L'Oreal Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, I almost never need to deep condition anymore (I do a coconut oil hair mask every few months but that's it), and the only product I need to put in is Garnier Moroccan oil and maybe some root volumizer. It's never looked this good in my life, even when I was getting it highlighted every 6 weeks and using a dozen products. It's always silky, my spiraling waves look smooth like I curl them every day (all I do is air dry), frizz is minimal to none, and best of all, for the first time in my life my hair is SHINY. Plus, one bottle has lasted me 6 months!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo made my hair very soft without the conditioner (while in the shower). After I blow dry it it's very soft and with shine-BUT I have used this shampoo three times and I don't have sensitive skin BUT this made my scalp very itchy and noticed some mosquito like pink bumps in my scalp! :(
I tried to use something different than my renpure for a while-but I think I'll be going back and throwing this away...

on 9/30/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Usually I'm not always a fan of sulfate shampoos, but this seems to be a good one. Since I've stepped up my cardio workouts, and sweat even more, I do need more cleaning power than a sulfate-free shampoo can give me. Anyhow, this fills the bill without being too drying or stripping. Color retention seems to be better too, and great shine and body for my aging, color-treated, wavy-curly hair. I've also found that some sulfate-free shampoos can be more harsh on scalp, and more stripping of hair color than a well-formulated sulfate shampoo, which this seems to be. A bottle of this lasts a long time, as it doesn't take much.:) Good stuff!:)

on 8/18/2014 6:54:00 PM

I love love love this shampoo. I have NEVER loved a shampoo, usually I can find a duo of shampoo and conditioner that I like. But shampoo never impresses me too much. I love that this shampoo leaves your hair as soft as a conditioner would after rinsing it out. I like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners after I'm done with a bottle. But this will definitely be repurchased every so often!