July 22, 2014 | 1372 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great. I went through a bottle of it but I'm always trying new shampoos out. I'll likely repurchase soon. It smells nice and lathers well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fragrance of this shampoo is light and does not linger. This shampoo cleans well without leaving hair feeling dried out. It does contain silicones and wheat protein. I feel that this product and the matching conditioner create a lot of build up on hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by NiccosMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super processed hair from dying and bleaching every few months and this stuff is AMAZING!!! I had to bleach my hair 3 times in one week to fix a few things and my hair was really elastic like and springy and felt like it was going to break off in my fingers. I used Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner and in one use, my hair felt healthy again and manageable!!! I will NEVER use anything else and I hope this stuff NEVER GETS DISCONTINUED!!! This stuff beats any professional haircare product on the market, and I've tried most of them so I can safely say that!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by onlytwocolours

I bought the shampoo and conditioner since I had really enjoyed other products from the line. My hair is a mix of tight curls and waves and very thick and medium shoulder length. However, this product made my hair quite oily which is not normal for me, since I normally want my hair to have some oil in it to make styling my hair easier. But instead, it caused a greasy effect and I was washing my hair about 4 times a week instead of once a week which was unusual.

This line of product also contains arginine, which can increase the severity in cold sores or HSV, and from my experience I have not had a cold sore in YEARS but after using this product it seemed like I had a severe outbreak from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one use, my scalp started breaking out that same night. Now it's swollen, and really painful to the touch. It feels ache-y, exactly like how a bruise feels. :-(

DH looked at my scalp just now, and was shocked. My entire scalp is red and swollen, while my hair follicles look like cystic acne. Imagine those nasty zits with a hair growing out of each. I was so shaken up by this experience, I had trouble sleeping last night.

Just thought I'd share. If it works for you, that's great, but this shampoo is horrible for my scalp, which was fine before I used this.

The hair itself didn't get worse than usual, but my scalp was left in very bad shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is soft and tangle free. I can't keep running my fingers through my hair. The only time I've done that is after a trip to the salon.
The bottle looks similar to another shampoo by L'Oreal. This one specifically has "Ceramide" printed under the name on the front of the bottle.
I've used it on my daughters' hair because they have such tangle prone hair and theirs feel as soft as mine. Much easier to brush through.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy grail product! I have very fine, thin, dry damaged hair from years of dying, flat ironing, etc. This shampoo smells amazing and delivers what it claims to do! Leaves hair super soft, strong and shiny! I have repurchased so many times I've lost count! Amazing for a drugstore hair product since I'm not luckily one of those girls who can use any random shampoo on my hair without it being super dry and parched.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very good product, I have been using the Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner in rotation with the L'Oreal Oleo line and could not be happier.
- Good at cleansing my over shoulder length medium fine hair without being drying
- Lathers well
- Rinses well
- Price is right too
- Widely available
- Packaging is practical, product is easy to dispense.
Only one small con - hence my rating one star shy of five - is the smell which I am not the biggest fan of, as to me it smells of artificial fruit punch, and it does linger in my hair after drying. Of course this is highly personal, but if you are super sensitive to smells I would recommend sniffing the bottle before buying. Several reviewers have mentioned that this line made their scalp itchy and/or made them break out on their scalp. I have sensitive skin on my scalp and this product contains Ceramides which may cause breakouts, but I have not had any issues with this line. I will update my review once I start noticing otherwise. For now, I will continue to purchase the Total Repair products when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because my hair was colored at least 7 times since last year. As a result my hair was dry and a bit lifeless. I bought the shampoo and conditioner and at first, the product made my scalp itchy. My hair was clean but was actually dry and tangled the next day. Since then, I have used the products repeatedly and I adore them! Both the shampoo and conditioner smells like a light perfume. The shampoo lathers well. The conditioner is moisturizing and detangling, even with my very wavy thick hair. Plus, I don't need to leave the conditioner on long. It took a while for my hair to adapt to the product...I had to give it time and I'm glad I did. My hair is very soft, less frizzy, and after I blew dried it and flat ironed it, my hair was very straight and smoove. So, at first I didn't like the product and gave it low ratings, but I stuck with it and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by neozoisite

Great shampoo. Leaves my color treated/ porous hair feeling like hair again. Doesn't weight down my hair.