December 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo made my hair very soft without the conditioner (while in the shower). After I blow dry it it's very soft and with shine-BUT I have used this shampoo three times and I don't have sensitive skin BUT this made my scalp very itchy and noticed some mosquito like pink bumps in my scalp! :(
I tried to use something different than my renpure for a while-but I think I'll be going back and throwing this away...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Usually I'm not always a fan of sulfate shampoos, but this seems to be a good one. Since I've stepped up my cardio workouts, and sweat even more, I do need more cleaning power than a sulfate-free shampoo can give me. Anyhow, this fills the bill without being too drying or stripping. Color retention seems to be better too, and great shine and body for my aging, color-treated, wavy-curly hair. I've also found that some sulfate-free shampoos can be more harsh on scalp, and more stripping of hair color than a well-formulated sulfate shampoo, which this seems to be. A bottle of this lasts a long time, as it doesn't take much.:) Good stuff!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by smmurphy

I love love love this shampoo. I have NEVER loved a shampoo, usually I can find a duo of shampoo and conditioner that I like. But shampoo never impresses me too much. I love that this shampoo leaves your hair as soft as a conditioner would after rinsing it out. I like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners after I'm done with a bottle. But this will definitely be repurchased every so often!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great. I went through a bottle of it but I'm always trying new shampoos out. I'll likely repurchase soon. It smells nice and lathers well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fragrance of this shampoo is light and does not linger. This shampoo cleans well without leaving hair feeling dried out. It does contain silicones and wheat protein. I feel that this product and the matching conditioner create a lot of build up on hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by NiccosMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super processed hair from dying and bleaching every few months and this stuff is AMAZING!!! I had to bleach my hair 3 times in one week to fix a few things and my hair was really elastic like and springy and felt like it was going to break off in my fingers. I used Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner and in one use, my hair felt healthy again and manageable!!! I will NEVER use anything else and I hope this stuff NEVER GETS DISCONTINUED!!! This stuff beats any professional haircare product on the market, and I've tried most of them so I can safely say that!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by onlytwocolours

I bought the shampoo and conditioner since I had really enjoyed other products from the line. My hair is a mix of tight curls and waves and very thick and medium shoulder length. However, this product made my hair quite oily which is not normal for me, since I normally want my hair to have some oil in it to make styling my hair easier. But instead, it caused a greasy effect and I was washing my hair about 4 times a week instead of once a week which was unusual.

This line of product also contains arginine, which can increase the severity in cold sores or HSV, and from my experience I have not had a cold sore in YEARS but after using this product it seemed like I had a severe outbreak from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one use, my scalp started breaking out that same night. Now it's swollen, and really painful to the touch. It feels ache-y, exactly like how a bruise feels. :-(

DH looked at my scalp just now, and was shocked. My entire scalp is red and swollen, while my hair follicles look like cystic acne. Imagine those nasty zits with a hair growing out of each. I was so shaken up by this experience, I had trouble sleeping last night.

Just thought I'd share. If it works for you, that's great, but this shampoo is horrible for my scalp, which was fine before I used this.

The hair itself didn't get worse than usual, but my scalp was left in very bad shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is soft and tangle free. I can't keep running my fingers through my hair. The only time I've done that is after a trip to the salon.
The bottle looks similar to another shampoo by L'Oreal. This one specifically has "Ceramide" printed under the name on the front of the bottle.
I've used it on my daughters' hair because they have such tangle prone hair and theirs feel as soft as mine. Much easier to brush through.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy grail product! I have very fine, thin, dry damaged hair from years of dying, flat ironing, etc. This shampoo smells amazing and delivers what it claims to do! Leaves hair super soft, strong and shiny! I have repurchased so many times I've lost count! Amazing for a drugstore hair product since I'm not luckily one of those girls who can use any random shampoo on my hair without it being super dry and parched.