April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because my hair was colored at least 7 times since last year. As a result my hair was dry and a bit lifeless. I bought the shampoo and conditioner and at first, the product made my scalp itchy. My hair was clean but was actually dry and tangled the next day. Since then, I have used the products repeatedly and I adore them! Both the shampoo and conditioner smells like a light perfume. The shampoo lathers well. The conditioner is moisturizing and detangling, even with my very wavy thick hair. Plus, I don't need to leave the conditioner on long. It took a while for my hair to adapt to the product...I had to give it time and I'm glad I did. My hair is very soft, less frizzy, and after I blew dried it and flat ironed it, my hair was very straight and smoove. So, at first I didn't like the product and gave it low ratings, but I stuck with it and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by neozoisite

Great shampoo. Leaves my color treated/ porous hair feeling like hair again. Doesn't weight down my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Cameesan

It only needs to be applied in a small amount because it gives a lot of bubbles once it has been added by a little amount of water. This product also has a very pleasant smell a very clean scent; but if you have thin hair this product may not be for you because the dense of this product could give a possibility of hair fall, so be ware! With my hair it makes it smooth and leaves on a nice scent; I would recommend that you must rinse off thoroughly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by staci13

I bought trial/travel sized bottles of this so I wouldn't have to return, toss it, or force it upon my sister. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I used it, it lathered great, smells nice, and doesn't seem to strip hair or make it lifeless. I like to use a good shampoo and conditioner on the days when I decide that I'm going to blow-dry and straighten it. This fits the bill for my thick, wavy hair that is also prone to frizz. I am accustomed to using higher end salon products, but every once in a great while I will give a drugstore brand a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I should probably say that I have long, thick, sometimes coarse hair. I decided to try this shampoo/conditioner/balm when the line had first come out. It's fair to say that I have been using this for quite a few months, and I wash my hair about 2-3 times a week, give or take.

I bought the five repair shampoo/conditioner as it claimed to help with damaged hair: weakness, roughness, dullness, split ends, and dehydration. I have an extremely hard time detangling my hair. As my hair is very long, my hair is damaged from styling tools (hair dryer, flat iron, curling wand), so it definitely has split ends, and is in desperate need of hydration. While I thought the products were working well for my hair, it seemed that while it left my long locks smelling wonderful, and kept my hair feeling silky smooth (when wet or styled), it wasn't doing much else for my hair. When I use heated tools on my hair, my hair looks amazing. However, right after washing my hair with this line, and styling it the next day (leaving my hair natural), it looks very rough and dry. My hair is long, thick and wavy when natural.. and I love leaving my hair naturally wavy for days that I don't feel like doing much at all. But, with using this line, it pretty much forces me into styling my hair with a flat iron or curl wand, because when it looks extremely dehydrated and damaged otherwise. I really feel like this line has not done anything for me.. and it's disappointing.. because I really wanted to like the line, but as I paid attention to the condition of my hair, I had to stop using these products.

Let's see if the Power Moisture line will show great results on my hair! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I would call this an average, run-of-the-mill shampoo. I don't use L'Oreal products that often, I don't love or hate them. Generally I use TRESemme for the most part. This shampoo lathers well and I like the smell. I found that it cleaned my hair quite well. I usually wash my hair every single day, but with this shampoo I found sometimes I could skip a day, which is a plus. I feel like washing my hair every day is excessive, but often need to because the roots become so greasy. One small thing-toward the end of the bottle I placed it upside down so as to have the product readily come out the next use--and I found water would collect within the cap. (I know that sounds odd, but you can see what I'm talking about if you own this!) As far as the 'repairing' aspect, I wouldn't say I noticed any lesser damage to my hair. My hair is extremely long, so the ends are usually a bit dry anyway. This did not help or hurt them. I would buy this product again if it were on sale, but would not go out of my way to purchase at full price again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sweetdream707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Shampoo lathers well, and the smell is nice, but I didn't like how my hair looked when it dried. The shampoo didn't dry out my this asian black hair but it didn't seem to hydrate it all that much either. My hair was hard to style after using this, it seemed heavy and limp near my scalp. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

The Shampoo in the Total Repair 5 line is my favorite product in the whole line. It's very gentle and leaves my hair so soft without any build up. It cleans my hair really well, it never leaves my roots greasy.. But somehow manages to leave my hair really, really soft! Two thumbs up on this shampoo =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is good for the hair but terrible for the skin. I believe it is the ceramide in it that causes me to break out. I had used ceamide in the past and had broken me out. I have very sensitive, allergy prone skin. It does however leave the hair untangled and soft. It also feels "repairing". It does not over-cleanse the scalp nor the hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got samples of the poo, cond. and mask. The shampoo/cond. made my hair look and feel totally healthy, full of volume and super shiny. The only downfall??? It made my scalp super itchy to the point that I won't even consider using up the samples, it was that bad :( I would still recommend this though if you do not have a sensitive scalp. This line would have seriously been an HG contender for me if it wasn't for the sensitivity issue. Totally sucks!