January 28, 2015 | 1683 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 9:30:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was pretty disappointed by this shampoo (and more so by the accompanying conditioner). For years, I was a salon/ natural foods store hair product snob and didn't dabble to much in drugstore shampoos. And after sustaining some serious damage at a bad salon earlier this year, I intensified my search for the perfect shampoo and conditioner, preferably cruelty-free and with at least SOME natural ingredients. At this point, after spending hundreds of dollars and trying dozens of higher end products, my hair is healthier, but I attribute that more to time, supplements, and my diet than anything. So I was looking for a more cost-effective, easily accessible shampoo and conditioner combo for my dry, still-somewhat damaged hair. This is not it. I can't believe how drying this stuff is. After shampooing, I already had that uh-oh, my hair feels really dry sensation, so I slathered it with the accompanying conditioner. My the time I stepped out of the shower, I could literally tell my hair was dry, crunchy, wild, rough, etc. I doused it with a heavy dose of my Neuma detangler/ moisturizing spray (which is the most awesome product) just to salvage my hair for the day. I tried the combo again last night after working out, on second day hair (clearly dirty) and it acted like a clarifying shampoo, but too much so. I also lose more hair (than even usual) with this shampoo. It smells nice and it's cheap; that's about all the good I can say about it. Also, I bought the travel sizes and just FYI, the lids are impossible to open in the shower. I'm glad I bought the travel sizes though, because this would have been thrown away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ktrj720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff, as well as the conditioner that goes with it. My hair is my crowning glory - it's halfway down my back and a weird mix of wavy/curly/straight and color-treated. I try to only wash 3x a week. Because of L'Oreal Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner, I almost never need to deep condition anymore (I do a coconut oil hair mask every few months but that's it), and the only product I need to put in is Garnier Moroccan oil and maybe some root volumizer. It's never looked this good in my life, even when I was getting it highlighted every 6 weeks and using a dozen products. It's always silky, my spiraling waves look smooth like I curl them every day (all I do is air dry), frizz is minimal to none, and best of all, for the first time in my life my hair is SHINY. Plus, one bottle has lasted me 6 months!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo made my hair very soft without the conditioner (while in the shower). After I blow dry it it's very soft and with shine-BUT I have used this shampoo three times and I don't have sensitive skin BUT this made my scalp very itchy and noticed some mosquito like pink bumps in my scalp! :(
I tried to use something different than my renpure for a while-but I think I'll be going back and throwing this away...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Art4Cara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Usually I'm not always a fan of sulfate shampoos, but this seems to be a good one. Since I've stepped up my cardio workouts, and sweat even more, I do need more cleaning power than a sulfate-free shampoo can give me. Anyhow, this fills the bill without being too drying or stripping. Color retention seems to be better too, and great shine and body for my aging, color-treated, wavy-curly hair. I've also found that some sulfate-free shampoos can be more harsh on scalp, and more stripping of hair color than a well-formulated sulfate shampoo, which this seems to be. A bottle of this lasts a long time, as it doesn't take much.:) Good stuff!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by smmurphy

I love love love this shampoo. I have NEVER loved a shampoo, usually I can find a duo of shampoo and conditioner that I like. But shampoo never impresses me too much. I love that this shampoo leaves your hair as soft as a conditioner would after rinsing it out. I like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners after I'm done with a bottle. But this will definitely be repurchased every so often!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is great. I went through a bottle of it but I'm always trying new shampoos out. I'll likely repurchase soon. It smells nice and lathers well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fragrance of this shampoo is light and does not linger. This shampoo cleans well without leaving hair feeling dried out. It does contain silicones and wheat protein. I feel that this product and the matching conditioner create a lot of build up on hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by NiccosMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super processed hair from dying and bleaching every few months and this stuff is AMAZING!!! I had to bleach my hair 3 times in one week to fix a few things and my hair was really elastic like and springy and felt like it was going to break off in my fingers. I used Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner and in one use, my hair felt healthy again and manageable!!! I will NEVER use anything else and I hope this stuff NEVER GETS DISCONTINUED!!! This stuff beats any professional haircare product on the market, and I've tried most of them so I can safely say that!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by onlytwocolours

I bought the shampoo and conditioner since I had really enjoyed other products from the line. My hair is a mix of tight curls and waves and very thick and medium shoulder length. However, this product made my hair quite oily which is not normal for me, since I normally want my hair to have some oil in it to make styling my hair easier. But instead, it caused a greasy effect and I was washing my hair about 4 times a week instead of once a week which was unusual.

This line of product also contains arginine, which can increase the severity in cold sores or HSV, and from my experience I have not had a cold sore in YEARS but after using this product it seemed like I had a severe outbreak from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one use, my scalp started breaking out that same night. Now it's swollen, and really painful to the touch. It feels ache-y, exactly like how a bruise feels. :-(

DH looked at my scalp just now, and was shocked. My entire scalp is red and swollen, while my hair follicles look like cystic acne. Imagine those nasty zits with a hair growing out of each. I was so shaken up by this experience, I had trouble sleeping last night.

Just thought I'd share. If it works for you, that's great, but this shampoo is horrible for my scalp, which was fine before I used this.

The hair itself didn't get worse than usual, but my scalp was left in very bad shape.