September 18, 2014 | 2092 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After using and loving the Total Repair 5 Deep Conditioner, I decided to try the corresponding conditioner as my non-curly conditioner (I have thick, waist-length 2b/c hair; when Iím going to straighten it or braid it I like to use a heavier, more moisturizing, repairing conditioner that might normally weigh down curls). After one use, using this along with the deep conditioner, I noticed that my hair was incredibly soft and much shinier than before. My husband loves the fragrance, so thatís a bonus. I decided to give this conditioner a chance with my curls. I donít use the deep conditioner on my curls because it does weigh them down, but the regular conditioner claimed to be light. To my surprise, it didnít weigh down my curls (any more than normal, because of my hairís length my curls get pretty stretched out). It still isnít my favorite conditioner for my curls (that would be Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Conditioner), but this is a great, cost-effective alternative. I will continue to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is very perfumey. Other than that, i actually like it. But, due to its scent, i won't be repurchasing anymore of it, after I have used up it all. That is the only real con, i have with this product. If the scent wasn't so perfumey, i actually would continue to re-buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Dani0518

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soo I had a bad experience with this stuff. It make my ends really dry. Like crazy dry and frizzy I tried it about three times before I just gave up and returned it. I have bleached dry curly hair and its prone to breakage and split ends. This certainly didn't help.
Its only $4(target) so if anyone wants to give it a try its not a huge loss and you can always return it, depending on the store of course. I think this may work better on hair that is damaged from heat styling and color treating. Thats just my opinion though.
Two stars for a nice slip and smart packaging.
I also used this with the shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this along with the Total repair 5 shampoo. Together, they cleaned my hair well without leaving it feeling like straw. My hair is very smooth and a llitle limp from all the silicones. The conditioner is lightly scented and does not linger in my hair. Contains silicones and wheat protein. There is definitely a build up of product on my hair from using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by kimjramsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought all three. Shampoo, Conditioner & Emergency Mask. I have fine. bleached, dry hair. First use I was sure it was going to work, hair looked and felt pretty good after first few hours, then the dryness set in. Soooo, tried it again, dryness set in, though hair felt stronger when combing it out while still wet? I then applied infusion 23 also a serum and as always, air dry. Maybe too much products causing dryness?
I will try one last time and update soon to give it a
fair shot as I may be using too much. We will see and find out why it dries out some hair and not
others to get to the bottom of it.
UPDATE*****6-20-14
So I tried it a few more times with just the infusion 23 and w/out the serum. My hair turned out much better, it's plush platinum!! However, still starts drying out on day 2 a bit. I think the product already comes w/ a lot of things in it to protect your hair so adding too much leave-ins can ruin the whole effect. Hope that helps. I plan to up it to 4 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by rachellann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot say enough good things about this product. I had a bad hair dying experience that left my hair feeling so dry & damaged and this conditioner, along with the shampoo were the only thing that seemed to help it. I tried so many others and nothing else worked except for this. I love the smell, the price is great, & I love the packaging. I will definitely repurchase this once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by NiccosMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super processed hair from dying and bleaching every few months and this stuff is AMAZING!!! I had to bleach my hair 3 times in one week to fix a few things and my hair was really elastic like and springy and felt like it was going to break off in my fingers. I used Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner and in one use, my hair felt healthy again and manageable!!! I will NEVER use anything else and I hope this stuff NEVER GETS DISCONTINUED!!! This stuff beats any professional haircare product on the market, and I've tried most of them so I can safely say that!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by countrygirl28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried a million conditioners, even $30-$40 ones but I always come back to this. It is the best if you do a cost benefit analysis. I like Fekkai's mask SLIGHTLY better, but barely at all, and that comes in a tiny container for $30. This is where it's at and it's like $7 at target!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very good product, I have been using the Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner in rotation with the L'Oreal Oleo line and could not be happier.
- Good at detangling my over shoulder length medium fine hair
- Good slip
- Rinses well
- Price is right too
- Widely available
- Packaging is practical too, the tube stands on its cap, so product is easy to dispense
Only one small con - hence my rating one star shy of five - is the smell which I am not the biggest fan of, as to me it smells of artificial fruit punch, and it does linger in my hair after drying. Of course this is highly personal, but if you are super sensitive to smells I would recommend sniffing the bottle before buying. Not a deal breaker for me though, I will continue to purchase the Total Repair products when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I have recently switched much of my haircare products over to this new L'Oreal line and I couldn't be happier. I usually mix up brands and rarely own more than 1 or 2 products from the same line but this new L'Oreal Advanced Haircare line is simply amazing. I'm rotating this conditioner with the L'Oreal Volume Filler and the two new L'Oreal hair masks/balms and I couldn't be happier with the results.

This conditioner detangles and softens really well without weighing down my hair. It doesn't give quite the same amount of volume as the volume filler type but it still does a very decent job of keeping my hair smooth and bouncy and healthy looking. Even with rain and humidity this conditioner manages to keep my hair from falling flat (I've also been using the L'Oreal volume filler densifying gelee in conjuction with this which is awesome). It can be very challenging to find a conditioner that moisturizes and repairs without weighing down my hair or making it look greasy and/or limp. I can't reccommend this product and the rest of line more.