April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I have recently switched much of my haircare products over to this new L'Oreal line and I couldn't be happier. I usually mix up brands and rarely own more than 1 or 2 products from the same line but this new L'Oreal Advanced Haircare line is simply amazing. I'm rotating this conditioner with the L'Oreal Volume Filler and the two new L'Oreal hair masks/balms and I couldn't be happier with the results.

This conditioner detangles and softens really well without weighing down my hair. It doesn't give quite the same amount of volume as the volume filler type but it still does a very decent job of keeping my hair smooth and bouncy and healthy looking. Even with rain and humidity this conditioner manages to keep my hair from falling flat (I've also been using the L'Oreal volume filler densifying gelee in conjuction with this which is awesome). It can be very challenging to find a conditioner that moisturizes and repairs without weighing down my hair or making it look greasy and/or limp. I can't reccommend this product and the rest of line more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this for free with L'Oreal hair color purchase. And MY GOD IT'S AMAZING! To start, my hair is long (mermaid length), fine-normal thickness, average number strand-count (ponytail is nickel-sized), and color treated. I do not straighten or blow dry my hair on a regular basis. This conditioner detangles excellently, which is super important to me! The "slip" it gives is awesome. It leaves my hair sleek and smooth without being oily/greasy or weighed down. After coloring my hair blonde, my hair needs some nourishment, and this stuff seems to be better for my hair than the deep conditioner that comes in the hair color box (that stuff made my ends frizzy). Idk how much true repair this conditioner is doing for my hair, but the appearance and performance it gives it outstanding! I will purchase this product after I run out of my free bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beyond excellent detangling and softening conditioner. The slip with this conditioner is impeccable. I pair this with the oleo oil essence serum for fantastic results . My hair grows very fast and remains damage free with these products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Both the shampoo and conditioner in the Total Repair 5 line left my hair dry and frizzy. I have chemically treated hair - highlights - and my hair usually love intensive moisturizing shampoos. But not this duo. I went back to my (more expensive) B&B Mending shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is happy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

L'oreal has done it again ~ this is another home run. (And no, I do NOT work for the company. What a dream job that would be!) Their products are consistently impressive, particularly for a drugstore brand. My long, naturally curly, non-color treated hair adores this conditioner. I recently scored the HUGE, 'family-size' bottle (25 oz.) for $4 at Walgreens. What an incredible bargain. As a self-professed product junkie who does not mind shelling out the bucks in the name of gorgeous hair, I have to say, this one leaves conditioners by Redken, Nexxus, Biolage, L'anza, Paul Mitchell, Fekkai, etc. in the dust.

I would describe the scent as floral, but not cloying. It provides amazing slip and detangling, and my hair always feels soft once it dries. Until now my go-to drugstore favorite was Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, which I still love, but now it will be competing for space in my bathroom. I hope L'oreal does not discontinue this line as they did many of their "Vive" products (still sad about that.) On a more frivilous note, I like the elegant-looking black bottles. Tres chic, L'oreal.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by neozoisite

Great conditioner. Leaves my color treated/ porous hair feeling like hair again. Doesn't weight down my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Cameesan

This conditioner is very dense yet it entangles your hair well with a wide teeth comb; also most preferred if you let the product set for at least 2-5 minutes. Then with cold water rinse thoroughly; don't forget to massage your hair while rinsing. Once air dried or blow-dried apply the serum as well for a finishing look; and finally you're good to go

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by staci13

I bought trial/travel sized bottles of this so I wouldn't have to return, toss it, or force it upon my sister. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I used it, it lathered great, smells nice, and doesn't seem to strip hair or make it lifeless. I like to use a good shampoo and conditioner on the days when I decide that I'm going to blow-dry and straighten it. This fits the bill for my thick, wavy hair that is also prone to frizz. I am accustomed to using higher end salon products, but every once in a great while I will give a drugstore brand a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Mitka7

I've had badly damaged hair because I bleached it and all sorts of stuff. I began using this shampoo and it did incredible things! Not only did it restore my hair to my normal hair it also made my hair curly:) I love the feeling of my hair now and would really recommend it. And keep in mind that I don't even use conditioner:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jazzyquiroz

So this is honestly the first review I've written on a beauty product. I can't boast enough about this stuff! I use both the shampoo and conditioner and I'm seriously thinking about stocking up on the big bottles. My hair is long, dry and prone to falling and tangling. It was also very dull and rough. After using this a few times I noticed my hair is super shiny, smooth, detangles slightly easier, and super luscious and soft! I can't stop touching it! Even my husband thinks so and he's always just said "it feels like hair" even on what I thought was my best day in the past. Love it!!