L'Oreal Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum/ Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth-6, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Potassium Hydroxide, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Arginine, Glutamic Acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Serine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, 2-Oleamido- 1,3-Octadecanediol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

on 5/13/2015 10:31:00 PM

This conditioner is very good! I have tried a lot of conditioners and honestly I am not sold on the concept that high end is better. This conditioner proves that this is not the case! This product smells nice. It is fruity. It leaves my hair tangle free and soft. It's just as good as any 20$ product but it is about 5$! I mean come on! There is no reason not to buy this and like it!!

on 12/1/2014 1:04:00 PM

I bought this because I was looking to clarify my hair and condition it thoroughly before touching up my hair color, mostly the roots, and pull color over the rest of my waist-length hair. I used a sodium laureth-based shampoo that I have never had problems using before. I only use such shampoos when clarifying before conditioning and color work, so if I have product buildup it will not affect my color.

That being said, this product did not seem to have any ingredients I have not used in the past. I also have liked the Ever line from L'Oreal, and use it in my regular rotation for color-treated hair care. It smells great, and does not break up into globs when you scoop it from the jar. However, when I rinsed L'Oreal Advanced Total Repair 5 out of my hair, after the full 2 minutes suggested on the label, my hair felt like straw -- I couldn't even get my fingers through it. I have fine hair,which I condition and care for carefully, and it began breaking, during the most delicate of efforts to untangle it.

I wound up pouring a teaspoon of Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine (which I love!) into my hand and working that carefully into my wet hair, before i could finger comb it, then finish with a wide toothed comb, gently, from the bottom.

I used my root touch-up kit with no problems, finished with the conditioner that comes with my hair color product's full application kit, and had no further problems, other than having lost significant hair to breakage after using what was supposed to be a deep conditioning hair mask. Very disappointing! Last time I buy conditioner at the supermarket, regardless of the brand!

on 11/9/2014 6:08:00 PM

My hair is elbow length, fine yet dense on the scalp, and oily on the scalp but a little drier toward the ends. I bought the liter size with the pump of this from walmart and it is a very high quality conditioner for the price. Makes my hair very smooth and manageable.

on 11/1/2014 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this is a good d/s conditioner. better than pantene, herbal essences, ect. this product is helping my damaged hair. would recommend. good quality for the price

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really like this conditioner - it leaves my hair soft and unlike other conditioners I've used before - it's shiny. My hair is dry, frizzy, and curly/wavy. Unfortunately, this didn't help with frizz, but nevertheless, my hair looked healthier. For frizz I discovered Garnier's Argan oil serum - it really helps and lasts for a long time as you need only a bit.

on 9/29/2014 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the first product in L'Oreal's new "Advanced Haircare" line that I've tried. I like a conditioner that has a silicone near the top of the ingredient list (this one has amodimethicone as the 3rd ingredient) because I have hair that gets knotted and tangled very easily, and I need something with a lot of slip, which this has. I have long, thick, coarse, curly, caucasian hair and I wet-comb the conditioner thru in the shower. I had no problems whatsoever getting the comb through with this conditioner, even after going 2 or 3 days without washing.

The scent is a pleasant/non-descript floral and I like that the cap is on the bottom for easy dispensing.

After years of trying every haircare product known to humanity, I've decided that it's not worth spending more than $4 on any regular-sized conditioner, and it's easy to stay under that price limit with this conditioner, especially when on sale and/or with a coupon.

This seems to be a well-formulated conditioner, which is not only inexpensive, but it leaves my hair feeling EXTREMELY silky, has great slip and is highly recommended. *****

EDIT: I've since tried a couple other conditioners in the line, (Triple Resist and TotalRepair-Extreme, and I think I still prefer this one). :-)

on 8/24/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After using and loving the Total Repair 5 Deep Conditioner, I decided to try the corresponding conditioner as my non-curly conditioner (I have thick, waist-length 2b/c hair; when Iím going to straighten it or braid it I like to use a heavier, more moisturizing, repairing conditioner that might normally weigh down curls). After one use, using this along with the deep conditioner, I noticed that my hair was incredibly soft and much shinier than before. My husband loves the fragrance, so thatís a bonus. I decided to give this conditioner a chance with my curls. I donít use the deep conditioner on my curls because it does weigh them down, but the regular conditioner claimed to be light. To my surprise, it didnít weigh down my curls (any more than normal, because of my hairís length my curls get pretty stretched out). It still isnít my favorite conditioner for my curls (that would be Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Conditioner), but this is a great, cost-effective alternative. I will continue to buy this.

on 7/30/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is very perfumey. Other than that, i actually like it. But, due to its scent, i won't be repurchasing anymore of it, after I have used up it all. That is the only real con, i have with this product. If the scent wasn't so perfumey, i actually would continue to re-buy it.

on 7/2/2014 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Soo I had a bad experience with this stuff. It make my ends really dry. Like crazy dry and frizzy I tried it about three times before I just gave up and returned it. I have bleached dry curly hair and its prone to breakage and split ends. This certainly didn't help.
Its only $4(target) so if anyone wants to give it a try its not a huge loss and you can always return it, depending on the store of course. I think this may work better on hair that is damaged from heat styling and color treating. Thats just my opinion though.
Two stars for a nice slip and smart packaging.
I also used this with the shampoo.

on 6/24/2014 1:46:00 PM

I bought this along with the Total repair 5 shampoo. Together, they cleaned my hair well without leaving it feeling like straw. My hair is very smooth and a llitle limp from all the silicones. The conditioner is lightly scented and does not linger in my hair. Contains silicones and wheat protein. There is definitely a build up of product on my hair from using this.