April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Blush - Cargo - Tonga

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is so beautiful. However, if one sees this with the other Cargo blushes, no one would probably pay attention to it. It looks really dull and boring on the pan, it has no shimmer and is not eye-catching. But once I swatched this on my hand, I knew I had to get it! I've always wanted a matte pinkish-mauveish blush and this is it. It's very pigmented and it gives my NC35 skin a beautiful flush. I am not sure whether Cargo blushes are being discontinued or something, but the Sears near my house was phasing them out. This is my go-to blush when I want a natural look. I love it and I hope they don't stop making it! I bought this for around $16CDN plus tax but it was on clearance and it used to be around $29. I personally think it's a wonderful product for its pice, regardless whether it's 16 or 29, since a little goes a long way. The texture is so buttery smooth and the tin can is adorable! You also get a lot of product in the can. If you have a Cargo kiosk near you, please swatch this before ignoring it in the seas of other beautiful Cargo blushes. It's a great investment and looks very natural on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved my Cargo blush in Montebello so I was browsing for weeks trying to decide what Cargo blush to buy next. I saw Tonga was an all around favorite in the blogosphere so I decided to purchase it.

When I first got the blush I was horrified I paid $23 for what looked like a dull completely matte dusty mauve colour. When I put it on my NC37 skin it looked like it disappeared. Layering it on 3 times I started to notice a slight flush.

After experimenting and using this more times I've come to love it. It is completely natural looking and gives you the kind of flattering flush you get when you've lifted some heavy boxes or gone for a jog. Also, once on the skin the pink turns into a brown pink giving you a contoured look.

I wouldn't repurchase because its big enough and I have too many others to get through. Also $23 is expensive for a natural flush :)

I still think Cargo blushes are too expensive but if you're going to splurge on any natural toned blushes this should be a definite choice to consider.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tonga is such a subtle, flattering shade with foolproof application. It's a subtle, pink shade that would match most light to medium skin tones. I love the soft consistency and nice pigmentation, and the fact that I can use it for a day or nighttime look. I have NC 35 skin tone (medium-ish, yellow undertone) and avoid blushes that are too bright, reddish, orange ish, etc. Tonga is perfect! It's buttery soft, pigmented, and so natural and flattering...definitely my go-to blush. It would look great on those with light to medium skin tones, but would definitely not show up on darker skin. Cargo has a variety of shades to choose from, and packaging (metal tin) is fun and functional. Tonga is a beautiful shade and one that many will love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by jodieleigh88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this blush. I live in the uk and picked this up on the internet for 15 and delivered free. It is such a lovely natural colour on me. I am pale but not porcelain white. I like the look of the packaging however the lid does fall off really easily. I would recommend this colour to people of my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Received this in a swap but I think price is generally in the same range as Nars, so I'm classifying it as somewhat pricey. The color pay-off is fantastic and Tonga gives me a nice pinkish flush. However, I don't think the staying power is very good, especially since I live in a tropical country and the humidity is crazy!

I may buy this in the future just for the color. But if I find something similar, it's bye-bye Cargo Tonga for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is a very natural looking muave blush for everyday wear. It's pigmented and finely milled so it's very easy to blend. Use it very lightly because you can easily overdo it. Be sure to use face powder under it because i find it it gets a bit streaky if i don't have a good base of face powder under it. I dab a little bit of this blush on a brush and keep blending until i get the desired flushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by HappyLittleNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush. This dusty rose may not look impressive in the pan, but gives my NC20/25 complexion a beautiful healthy, je ne sais quois flush. It is finely milled so you don't need to swirl your blush brush hard otherwise you'll kick up dust. I get the perfect amount of product when I lightly tap the blush surface 2x with my brush.

This is the ideal matte. Unlike some mattes that can err on the side of dead-looking powdery-ness, Tonga bathes my cheeks with a silky natural finish. I also love using this as my base colour when I layer blushes. It's makes for the perfect canvas.

I *heart* Tonga!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Cargo blushes and have several. The quality and texture are just outstanding. Tonga is a soft, muted, warm rose. This matte blush looks great on fair and light skin tones. It would be great for any makeup look, but I especially like it for "no-makeup makeup" looks or for a Saturday face. I also like it as a base blush and then I add a pop of brighter color on the apples of my cheeks. The lasting power is good and the big pans make it easy to get an even distribution of color on your brush. I love the tins because they're not plastic. Some have said they have difficulty with the lids. I don't store my makeup in the bathroom, so I wonder if that accounts for my not having this problem.
EDIT: I love pairing this with NARS Dolce Vita lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tonga is a beautiful muted, neutral pink very suitable for paler skin tones (I am NW20 and it looks great on my skin). It gives a natural flush that does not look overdone or too much, and it suits nearly every eye makeup look. I love the packaging too. I have been reaching for this one nearly every day lately!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by madameesp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It is a natural color and it stays on. One of the best things about it is the packaging. It is in a round tin, and it is easy to swirl your blush brush around in it. The blush stays in the container and on the brush and doesn't make a mess in my bathroom. You can easily get as much as you like on the brush depending on how long you swirl the brush in the product. Also, it wears down from the middle out so that none is wasted, unlike many of the rectangular containers that break into pieces when you have used it down to the bottom in the middle.