November 26, 2014 | 1616 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Shocking Extensions

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello long and full lashes! Love this stuff from the first time I've used it. Let's face it, L'Oreal shines in the mascara department of their makeup collection. I like that the brush is small enough to get into the corners of my lashes yet, big enough to coat my lashes. I think it delivers what it says as far as long lashes, but for me it gives them volume also. I'm a fan of the Voluminous mascara also, but compared to this one, I like this one much better. I use the color Very Black (or carbon black- i can't remember) in the Waterproof version, and I dont have a problem with this smearing, flaking, or making my lashes fall straight. Love love love! Def will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by misssydneyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is a great dupe for Benefit's They're Real. It can go a little clumpy when you first put it on, but I use the brush to separate my lashes. The staying power of the waterproof version is great. No smudges and it doesn't run. It's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go to mascara for those days I'm in a rush! It makes my lashes look full, thick and long. I actually prefer using this mascara without curling my lashes before hand. Love this stuff ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the waterproof version.

Love this mascara! Great lengthening mascara. The brush is long and thin and makes it easy to define every single lash you have. I have stick-straight Asian lashes that point downwards naturally so I need a mascara that can hold my curl! This definitely fits the bill.

Gives a very "awake" look to your eyes. I use this mascara daily for my workplace face. It definitely doesn't look like falsies but defines and lengthens your lashes to their full extent. On weekends/dates I use Maybelline The Rocket in Waterproof.

Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by machristeenie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on waterproof version (blue brush and silver tube), and I must say I'm very impressed with how great it holds the curl, how it lengthens the lashes, and how it lasts the entire day without flaking or smudging (20 hours tested; rain or shine, crying, surgery, humid places, and even on waterpark rides); However, it doesn't give my lashes the volume I wanted. It definitely opens up your eyes, but it's more natural looking as opposed to getting "shocking extensions"... :) ... I'd still give it a 5 coz performance-wise, it does a great job withstanding all sorts humidity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new HG. I actually purchased this mascara twice, in a row; which is huge for me. This is definitely a lengthening mascara, not a volumizing mascara. For the longest time, I believed that I wanted a volumizing mascara. That is until I tried this mascara. It makes you lashes so long! It also does not flake on me, which is something I strongly dislike. I will keep on purchasing this for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Allee2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite mascara! If you've got straight lashes that don't hold a curl, try this out in the waterproof version. I love using the flat sides of the brush to lengthen and separate my lashes. Also, if at first you don't like it, try waving the wand around or wait a bit for the formula to dry a little. I find that it works the best when the wand isn't too wet. I've purchases this numerous times and always come back to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I recently tried the Loreal Miss Manga one which I felt was ok, and I thought I might as well try this one (waterproof version) as well since I've heard good things about it. This is one of the better drugstore mascaras I've tried but it still leaves something to be desired.

I do like the brush of this mascara. Its a plastic bristled brush which makes it easy to separate lashes. Its not too fat so its easy to manipulate around lashes. I also like that there is a flatter/bristleless side of the wand on both sides which helps to get more product to the lashes, and then you have the bristly side to brush it through.

The formula is a happy medium between dry and wet. It applies easily, and it doesn't really flake which is nice because I found the Miss Manga formula to be a bit flaky. It does lengthen lashes BUT there is a major problem with this. While it lengthens, it doesn't necessarily stay straight. You'll notice the tips of your lashes (the extended part) curl in which kind of defeats the purpose of lengthening. It doesn't give major volume, but it is somewhat buildable when it hasn't dried. It can get a little bit spidery if you try to apply additional coats after it has dried. It does a pretty good job at holding a curl.

The packaging is not very pretty. Its grey and kind of boring. Still a little on the bulky side but nowhere near as bad as some other drugstore mascaras (i.e. CG Lash Blast). Price is consistent with other drugstore mascaras. I'll finish this mascara but will not likely repuchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great mascara if you have hard to curl lashes, or need separation in your lashes. I use the waterproof version only, and I only use waterproof formulas in all of my mascaras. I have long and full lashes naturally, but they tangle and stick straight down, and this mascara quickly separates them, evenly coats them, and then the curl holds ALL DAY. And even all night. I've been shocked the next morning by how curled and great my lashes still look if I forget to take my makeup off. Even overnight I've never seen this mascara flake off of my lashes. I've also swam while wearing it and it mostly held the curl, and there was no smudging or flaking. That being said, it is sometimes tricky to get off, so if you're sensitive to that I'd be aware.

Overall I find it's really easy to get separated, lengthened, flawless lashes that last all day. The wand and brush are easy to use, and effective, and the formula lasts like crazy. I've been using the mascara now for about 3 weeks and I'm still obsessed. It has replaced my L'Oreal Voluminous Million Waterproof, and the waterproof Butterfly one, and even the False Fiber Lash one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I had high hopes for this and in the end it was just ok. Nothing I would repurchase. It did lengthen just slightly not as well as their lash out mascara used to. I found this to flake on occasion and it did smear onto my undereye area and I had to check up on it too often throughout the day to make sure there was not a mess.