January 26, 2015 | 1872 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Shocking Extensions

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2015 8:22:00 AM More reviews by emmyl02

This mascara is amazing! I have short-to-medium length lashes and this mascara makes them look fake! To apply I curl my lashes, apply 2 coats, and curl them again when dry. This technique works amazing for me! The only small downside is that the mascara tends to flake off (only small pieces) onto my undereye. My glasses usually disguise this, but it still can look messy. Anyway, if you can deal with the flakiness and to

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2015 6:20:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short, sparse eyelashes (one of the perks of aging) so, contrary to what they say, big brushes don't work at all for me. They don't grasp short, sparse lashes, and only smudge the product around. So I tend to get small brushes or the plastic ones. That is the reason why I bought this mascara.

No go. The brush is the right size, but it deposits so much mascara that my lashes look thick with clump (not a nice look). I'm not sure I like the texture, either. Thick and more like glue than anything else.

I have a couple of trial brushes from Clinique's Lash Power Mascara at Sephora and they work so much better (I clean them thoroughly after every use so I can reuse them). I can feel them grabbing ALL my lashes. But the texture of this mascara is still a problem. I'm tired of throwing mascaras away. I think I'm going to try Clinique's LPM next time. At least the brush is good.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by vickie34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, i really had very high expectation on this product.
I bought the waterproof one, however, if you use it as a base coat, it won't hold your curl. My curl drooled after i applied the first coat. So if you have straight eyelashes like i do, this won't be a good option.
So i use my maybelline pumped up waterproof mascara as the base coat, then i go in with this one. Actually, it does a good job at separate my lashes as well as add a little bit length. So this could be a good layering mascara.
Overall, it just turn out to be somewhat a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Czsandoval1

I usually use Tarte Lights, Camera, Action and Mally mascara, but wanted to see if I could find a decent drugstore mascara. I tried this due to the relatively good reviews and liked it the first few uses. After about a week, the product began to flake badly. It's a good thing I don't wear contacts because this stuff flaked in my eyes all day. Maybe the waterproof version is better, but I was so turned off by this one that I decided to go back to my old brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by hazel0745

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello long and full lashes! Love this stuff from the first time I've used it. Let's face it, L'Oreal shines in the mascara department of their makeup collection. I like that the brush is small enough to get into the corners of my lashes yet, big enough to coat my lashes. I think it delivers what it says as far as long lashes, but for me it gives them volume also. I'm a fan of the Voluminous mascara also, but compared to this one, I like this one much better. I use the color Very Black (or carbon black- i can't remember) in the Waterproof version, and I dont have a problem with this smearing, flaking, or making my lashes fall straight. Love love love! Def will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by misssydneyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is a great dupe for Benefit's They're Real. It can go a little clumpy when you first put it on, but I use the brush to separate my lashes. The staying power of the waterproof version is great. No smudges and it doesn't run. It's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go to mascara for those days I'm in a rush! It makes my lashes look full, thick and long. I actually prefer using this mascara without curling my lashes before hand. Love this stuff ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the waterproof version.

Love this mascara! Great lengthening mascara. The brush is long and thin and makes it easy to define every single lash you have. I have stick-straight Asian lashes that point downwards naturally so I need a mascara that can hold my curl! This definitely fits the bill.

Gives a very "awake" look to your eyes. I use this mascara daily for my workplace face. It definitely doesn't look like falsies but defines and lengthens your lashes to their full extent. On weekends/dates I use Maybelline The Rocket in Waterproof.

Hope this helped!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by machristeenie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this on waterproof version (blue brush and silver tube), and I must say I'm very impressed with how great it holds the curl, how it lengthens the lashes, and how it lasts the entire day without flaking or smudging (20 hours tested; rain or shine, crying, surgery, humid places, and even on waterpark rides); However, it doesn't give my lashes the volume I wanted. It definitely opens up your eyes, but it's more natural looking as opposed to getting "shocking extensions"... :) ... I'd still give it a 5 coz performance-wise, it does a great job withstanding all sorts humidity

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new HG. I actually purchased this mascara twice, in a row; which is huge for me. This is definitely a lengthening mascara, not a volumizing mascara. For the longest time, I believed that I wanted a volumizing mascara. That is until I tried this mascara. It makes you lashes so long! It also does not flake on me, which is something I strongly dislike. I will keep on purchasing this for the foreseeable future.