L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions

3.5

on 6/21/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After years of only high end mascara and still not being satisfied with the result, I took a chance on this one thanks to a You Tube beauty blogger. It's not perfect but honestly, I like it a lot better than the others I was using and it's much cheaper. It gives me more length than Benefit's They're Real and definitely more volume. I pair this with a waterproof volumizing mascara to hold my curl (I have very straight lashes that grow down and REFUSE to hold a curl without strong waterproof formulas). The brush is everything. I LOATHE big fat mascara wands. When you have short lashes, they do nothing but make a mess. This tiny want is so much easier to use. Points deducted for not holding a curl (but nothing does) and it flakes a tiny bit (but definitely not enough to keep me from using it. Benefit flaked worse). I'd keep buying this, but it has dissappeared in all of the stores in my area. I wrote to L'Oreal and was told it's not discontinued but they never answered why there's not even a spot for it in a single store in my area anymore. I'm planning on trying the original Telescopic Carbon Black next because I can still find it everywhere.

EDIT: Just got another message from L'Oreal. This product has been discontinued as of this month which explains why I can't find it anywhere. :(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Here's the good: it gives amazing volume and length. It holds a curl very well. The tube design is great because you can feel it 'click' shut so no air gets in. The brush is excellent for grabbing tiny hairs and the lower lash line.

The bad: It made my eyes itch and water like CRAZY. Oh my god. If you have sensitive eyes, I give you warning before trying this. The formula of the mascara is thick, gluey, and clumps, not to mention flake. Extremely uncomfortable to wear during the day. In fact I could not wait to get home after work just for the fact of removing this mascara!
So, no I would not repurchase.

on 5/30/2015 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very buildable mascara. It can give a nice, natural look or a super dramatic look depending on the amount you apply thus it is a very all-purpose mascara. I have the waterproof one and it is super hard to remove. Even after removal, I tend to see traces of the mascara smudging and flaking around my eye area, which is super annoying. It seems to be fairly waterproof but it once smudged around my eye area when I teared up after yawning, which was disappointing. I really do like the wand on this mascara though, it can really get in there and separate the lashes and reduce clumpiness. It's also easy to get the bottom lashes with the slim wand but don't expect too much from this product if you want some bottom lash action.

on 5/17/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I've been using this mascara now for a couple of months and I'm just not a fan.

I own the non-waterproof version in carbon black, and it's such a huge pain to remove. The color bleeds all over around my eyes, making me have "panda eyes". This results in me having to go over my eye area many times with my waterproof eye makeup remover, which I totally want to avoid doing as the skin around the eye area is so delicate.

It's quite a wet formula, so it tends to clump easily and makes my eyelashes look thick and spidery. That said, this mascara does lengthen and curl the eyelashes a lot. So if you're going for the "dolly" look, this mascara might be for you. But since I like more feathery, natural look, this didn't work for me.

I did however like the brush; it's small and the bristles are very fine, making it easy to coat every single lash. However, that reason in itself is not enough for me to repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great - my eyelashes have never looked so long. I remove eye make up with baby oil, so I have no problems removing the mascara. I will repurchase for sure.

on 3/29/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use benefit theyre real and love it but its so hard to remove so I thought id try something else for daily use that was easier to remove. This mascara doesnt even come close, it gave me a little bt of length but very basic results, no volume either. I wont repurchase and will try voluminous million lashes next to see if its better.

on 3/11/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Eh. I did get the waterproof one. I like the brush because I can get pretty close to my teeny tiny bottom lashes. But the formula is nothing to write home about. I don't find that it lengthens my lashes dramatically. Great for separating though. No volume to be had here. Holds a curl well enough on my stick straight Asian lashes. But! It smudges. Even though it's waterproof, it smudges. So I would not recommend this mascara.

on 2/26/2015 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! Great Mascara! Does what it says. I have a hardcore mascara trying addiction...and this will be one of my top 5! Long, full, separated lashes=Youthful looking eyes! Try it...I don't think you'll be disappointed!

on 2/23/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I've ever repurchased more than 3 times. I have a lot of tangly, naturally thick and on the long side eyelashes and need something to get them dark, separated, and defined. Sounds simple enough, but it hasn't been. Shocking Extensions is the best mascara I've found so far (and yes, I've tried Dior). One coat does well enough for the day and work, and its fairly easy to build for a bolder evening look. Comes in a waterproof formula, which is a you-know-what to take off, so I use an eye makeup remover and multiple cottonballs to wash it all away. I haven't had any issues with stiffness, flaking, or running. Not quite my HG, but I'm sooooo sick of being let down by other things that I'm taking a break on buying anything else.

on 2/14/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice, solid mascara. For reference, I have quite long, thick, black lashes and most mascaras look good on me so it's hard for one to stand out. This one definitely did, so much so I've bought it more than once. It gives nice length, volume, defines nicely, and holds a curl decently. It's really great for all-around nice looking lashes. You can also build it up from natural to more dramatic. The only problem I have with it is it's minor tendency to flake. This is a huge problem for me because my eyelashes hit my browbone, cheekbone, and glasses when I look up, down, or blink and it gets even worse when I wear mascara because of flaking and smudging. This does flake a little, but not enough where I won't wear it or that it looks bad. It doesn't smudge, though. It's also relatively easy to take off, not needing any scrubbing to come off which I love. I definitely recommend this if you like an all-around great mascara for buildable lashes.