April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have only used the waterproof version of this, so I can't make any comments on the regular formula, but I like this mascara. I normally always use waterproof mascaras, if available, since I don't wear false lashes, and I need my lashes to hold curl well and withstand heat/humidity without melting off and smudging. This mascara holds curl very well and doesn't smudge. I love the brush because it is thin so I can get every lash, yet long enough to get all my lashes at once. I don't use this mascara by itself because I prefer more dramatic lashes, but it still works well alone. It gives your lashes good definition and separation, while adding a little extra length.
Typically when using this mascara, I first use a volume/thickening mascara as a base coat (my favorite being Maybelline "The Falsies" waterproof) and this as a top coat. The combination of the two gives my lashes nice volume, length, and curl with great lash separation. The only negative thing I have to say about this product is it does dry out a little quicker than other mascaras, but it is affordable and often on sale, as well as being an overall good quality mascara so it doesn't bother me too much. This is a handy mascara to have if you need your lashes to stay curled and be separated and lengthened.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Pros- The brush has a unique shape that coats ,separates and lifts my lashes. Made my eyelashes look amazing.

Cons- It flakes and the little pieces get in my eye causing irritation :(

I will not repurchase
My HG mascara is Loreal Beauty Tubes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by candied

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the waterproof version of L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara (blue brush). I bought this because I ran across a supposed list of tubing mascaras on the internet, and this was listed as tubing (my thoughts: omg! another ds tubing mascara from l'oreal? yessssss! FINALLY!). Just to dispel that myth, NO. This is NOT a tubing mascara. (Note though, that this was not the reason of my ho-hum rating.)

As far as non-tubing mascaras go, this one is ok. I'd hardly say the resulting lengths are "shocking," and there is no volumizing effect (not that this was part of the ad, just noting this for the review). This mascara does do a great job at holding curl and giving a MLBB doe-eyed look - the (hard!) brush is great for separating and coating each and every lash. Coats are buildable and lashes don't stick together when doing so. I didn't experience flaking as other reviewers have described, but as is inevitable for every non-tubing mascara on me, I did experience significant under-eye smudging by the end of the day. Not as bad as say, Maybelline Full and Soft W/P, but not acceptable in my book.

Easy to remove with an eye mu remover, the formula didn't seem particularly tenacious and I think most any remover would do the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have naturally very long lashes. This mascara isn't a love or hate product for me. It did an ok job of adding some volume and length, but it was really nothing special. I have used other products that do a bit more.

I liked that it gave an overall very natural look to my eyelashes. It left them very pliable and soft feeling. Although I prefer a more dramatic look for evening than this provided, It was a decent everyday mascara. I didn't experience any clumping or flaking.

I used up this mascara very quickly. I am not sure if it's because it dried out fast, or there just isn't much product in the package.

I didn't re-purchase, but if I was in the market for a more subtle everyday wear mascara, I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this over and over but even tho it gave me crazy long lashes it flaked. Maybe the water proof won't but I hate waterproof mascara. Didn't buy it again this time. Very sad. Maybe tho the carbon black version is a diff formula and won't flake. Maybe.... Still so sad. Going to my lash domination by bare minerals topped w my orig voluminous curved wand. Looks just like false lashes;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS; SOmewhat lengthening. Doesn't flake easily.

CONS: Very meh for me. Gets clumpy into triangles when you try to get it to do more than meh (by applying more). The packaging is quite long to try to fit into small makeup bags. Doesn't need to be that long.

ALTERNATES: I really like the regular telescopic version. Quite lengthening.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ellejay1616

At first I loved this mascara! I love super long lashes with maybe a little volume and this absolutely delivers. My skin is quite oily, and my eyelids are too and I never noticed smudging, ever. But I did notice crazy insane flaking! If I wear this for a few hours I don't notice much (but still enough to be a pain in the butt) but I noticed a TON when I used it for a night out. When I went home I looked crazy!! I don't know why nobody said, "what the hell is on your face?" Because it was everywhere! And when I removed my makeup flakes got in my eyes and when I woke up in the morning I still had flakes on my face..this formula is more on the dry side so maybe my tube was just especially dry, because I've actually bought this before and never ever had an issue! So *hopefully* this tube was defective, but because Loreal mascara's tend to be a little more expensive I probably won't ever buy it again just incase it wasn't just this tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LivingItUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this mascara! Holds my curl and gives me length. It then lets me put another mascara for volume on top. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Anonymys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this new formula hoping it'd give me even more length than the previous iteration of the Telescopic mascara and I just really don't see much difference. This might give me a teensy bit more length but at the price of the volume that layering an extra coat of the original Telescopic mascara gave me. It's a pretty good lengthening mascara in its own right, I just prefer the other Telescopic mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by numbcrystal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great Mascara! gives nice separated lashes, no clumpy. Perfect everyday mascara.