L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions

3.5

on 5/17/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I've been using this mascara now for a couple of months and I'm just not a fan.

I own the non-waterproof version in carbon black, and it's such a huge pain to remove. The color bleeds all over around my eyes, making me have "panda eyes". This results in me having to go over my eye area many times with my waterproof eye makeup remover, which I totally want to avoid doing as the skin around the eye area is so delicate.

It's quite a wet formula, so it tends to clump easily and makes my eyelashes look thick and spidery. That said, this mascara does lengthen and curl the eyelashes a lot. So if you're going for the "dolly" look, this mascara might be for you. But since I like more feathery, natural look, this didn't work for me.

I did however like the brush; it's small and the bristles are very fine, making it easy to coat every single lash. However, that reason in itself is not enough for me to repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great - my eyelashes have never looked so long. I remove eye make up with baby oil, so I have no problems removing the mascara. I will repurchase for sure.

on 3/29/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use benefit theyre real and love it but its so hard to remove so I thought id try something else for daily use that was easier to remove. This mascara doesnt even come close, it gave me a little bt of length but very basic results, no volume either. I wont repurchase and will try voluminous million lashes next to see if its better.

on 3/11/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Eh. I did get the waterproof one. I like the brush because I can get pretty close to my teeny tiny bottom lashes. But the formula is nothing to write home about. I don't find that it lengthens my lashes dramatically. Great for separating though. No volume to be had here. Holds a curl well enough on my stick straight Asian lashes. But! It smudges. Even though it's waterproof, it smudges. So I would not recommend this mascara.

on 2/26/2015 9:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! Great Mascara! Does what it says. I have a hardcore mascara trying addiction...and this will be one of my top 5! Long, full, separated lashes=Youthful looking eyes! Try it...I don't think you'll be disappointed!

on 2/23/2015 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only mascara I've ever repurchased more than 3 times. I have a lot of tangly, naturally thick and on the long side eyelashes and need something to get them dark, separated, and defined. Sounds simple enough, but it hasn't been. Shocking Extensions is the best mascara I've found so far (and yes, I've tried Dior). One coat does well enough for the day and work, and its fairly easy to build for a bolder evening look. Comes in a waterproof formula, which is a you-know-what to take off, so I use an eye makeup remover and multiple cottonballs to wash it all away. I haven't had any issues with stiffness, flaking, or running. Not quite my HG, but I'm sooooo sick of being let down by other things that I'm taking a break on buying anything else.

on 2/14/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice, solid mascara. For reference, I have quite long, thick, black lashes and most mascaras look good on me so it's hard for one to stand out. This one definitely did, so much so I've bought it more than once. It gives nice length, volume, defines nicely, and holds a curl decently. It's really great for all-around nice looking lashes. You can also build it up from natural to more dramatic. The only problem I have with it is it's minor tendency to flake. This is a huge problem for me because my eyelashes hit my browbone, cheekbone, and glasses when I look up, down, or blink and it gets even worse when I wear mascara because of flaking and smudging. This does flake a little, but not enough where I won't wear it or that it looks bad. It doesn't smudge, though. It's also relatively easy to take off, not needing any scrubbing to come off which I love. I definitely recommend this if you like an all-around great mascara for buildable lashes.

on 2/2/2015 6:05:00 PM

I bought the waterproof version of this mascara. Paired with a volumizing one or a mascara base of mine, is the perfect combination for my lashes. I wear it on its own from time to time, but it's just not the same without the extra volume - although it is great for those natural days.

on 1/16/2015 8:22:00 AM

This mascara is amazing! I have short-to-medium length lashes and this mascara makes them look fake! To apply I curl my lashes, apply 2 coats, and curl them again when dry. This technique works amazing for me! The only small downside is that the mascara tends to flake off (only small pieces) onto my undereye. My glasses usually disguise this, but it still can look messy. Anyway, if you can deal with the flakiness and to

on 1/14/2015 6:20:00 PM

I have short, sparse eyelashes (one of the perks of aging) so, contrary to what they say, big brushes don't work at all for me. They don't grasp short, sparse lashes, and only smudge the product around. So I tend to get small brushes or the plastic ones. That is the reason why I bought this mascara.

No go. The brush is the right size, but it deposits so much mascara that my lashes look thick with clump (not a nice look). I'm not sure I like the texture, either. Thick and more like glue than anything else.

I have a couple of trial brushes from Clinique's Lash Power Mascara at Sephora and they work so much better (I clean them thoroughly after every use so I can reuse them). I can feel them grabbing ALL my lashes. But the texture of this mascara is still a problem. I'm tired of throwing mascaras away. I think I'm going to try Clinique's LPM next time. At least the brush is good.

Popular Mascaras