Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Wine Stain

4.6

on 5/5/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this colour when it first came out in Australia and it was 2 for 1, so for $3.50, this was an absolute steal.
You can definitely get away with 1 coat, but for a truly polished appearance, 2 coats is best (sorry I couldn't help myself). I only noticed slight chipping on day 4, and it lasted a week in total.
This colour is on-trend and conservative enough that you won't scare people at work (I work in a hospital).
All in all, 4.5/5

on 4/10/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow .. not too keen on spending a fortune on Chanel etc.. that do this 'ox blood' color so picked it up (with a few other colors) from the covergirl stand. Super impressed with them all but this one is a beaut ! I could almost get away with just 1 coat of this on my toes and nothing else (but i do use seche vite top coat cos its gorgeous and glossy). 10/10 for covergirls formulation and this colour is spot on for the upcoming Melbourne winter. Better pick up a spare because once word gets out this one might be hard to find : )

on 2/5/2013 9:42:00 AM

I LOVE this nail polish line! Passing by the new Covergirl nail polishes in the stores, I thought these would just be meh, I wouldn't like them. My all around favorite brand is Essie, but Essie tends to chip quickly. I put this polish on Saturday, it is now Tuesday, so 3 days later I have very minimal chipping. 3 days doesn't sound like a lot, but at work I'm constantly typing, tearing open boxes and I tend to be rough with my nails peeling off stickers and such. The fact that I just used base coat, this polish, and NO top coat is amazing to me that it's hardly chipped. It's still going strong, but I can imagine it might even be better if you use topcoat, even though it says its built in. I will for SURE be getting more of these!
Oh, and it dries faster than Essie/OPI does!

on 2/2/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Beautiful color and good price. Some reviews said you only needed 1 coat. That would have gotten 5 stars across the board, but unfortunately, I needed 2 coats, so that's about average for me. I didn't realize you don't need a base or top coat for this polish, so I can't speak to the wear without them because I mistakenly used both, but I did notice it was pretty shiny before applying a top coat. There was a good range of colors,and nothing too matronly. I bought two bottles-this one and golden opportunity. I will def buy more.

on 1/7/2013 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this polish because I had a coupon for it, and wow, what a pleasant surprise! I absolutely love it. It is a beautiful deep wine color. (less brown than the pictures I added show) There are pictures-for some reason they were removed from the review but they are in my profile. It's almost a jelly finish, somewhere between that and a cream. It goes on perfectly in 2 coats, and the formula is excellent, as is the brush. The square cap isn't my favorite but it's useable. I wore it today through a full day of work, where my hands do take a beating, and it looks as good as when I put it on! In my pictures I'm wearing a holo topcoat over it, but it's gorgeous without it. I love it, highly recommend. I'd like to try other colors now as well!

Popular Polishes